SWTOTW, Week 44, 2019 Tie Interceptor Vehicle

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Tie Interceptor Vehicle:

tie.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
The TIE Interceptor. Basically a neat way for Kenner to reuse the same old Darth Vader's TIE Fighter body and wing connectors yet again, this time slapping on some new (and frankly enormous!) wings... and yet it works really, really well! The Lucasfilm design for the TIE Interceptor is a thing of real elegance and beauty, IMHO, and the Kenner version cannot help but capture some of that same magic. I do wish they'd come up with something more movie-accurate with respect to the rear of the ship and its clunky battery compartment, but you can't have everything. Make no mistake, this is a great ship and a terrific toy!

On the downside for collectors however, the box it comes in is frankly over-sized and rather flimsy, which makes finding a good one (like Capetown's superb example above) really difficult. Mine's a perfectly respectable example, but like most these days it's a very long way away from being mint, so it's another tick in the 'try to upgrade one day' box! :-D

Last of the V8s - 01.jpg

Last of the V8s - 02.jpg

Last of the V8s - 03.jpg

Last of the V8s - 04.jpg

Last of the V8s - 05.jpg

Last of the V8s - 06.jpg

Last of the V8s - 07.jpg

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I have these 2. Slightly hard to photograph where I have them on the wall.

Attachments

• IMG_20191104_104641.jpg
    IMG_20191104_104641.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 881

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
The TIE Interceptor. Basically a neat way for Kenner to reuse the same old Darth Vader's TIE Fighter body and wing connectors yet again, this time slapping on some new (and frankly enormous!) wings... and yet it works really, really well! The Lucasfilm design for the TIE Interceptor is a thing of real elegance and beauty, IMHO, and the Kenner version cannot help but capture some of that same magic. I do wish they'd come up with something more movie-accurate with respect to the rear of the ship and its clunky battery compartment, but you can't have everything. Make no mistake, this is a great ship and a terrific toy!

On the downside for collectors however, the box it comes in is frankly over-sized and rather flimsy, which makes finding a good one (like Capetown's superb example above) really difficult. Mine's a perfectly respectable example, but like most these days it's a very long way away from being mint, so it's another tick in the 'try to upgrade one day' box! :-D

Last of the V8s - 01.jpg

Last of the V8s - 02.jpg

Last of the V8s - 03.jpg

Last of the V8s - 04.jpg

Last of the V8s - 05.jpg

Last of the V8s - 06.jpg

Last of the V8s - 07.jpg

Wow another nice Tie Interceptor 8) I agree the box could be better, the picture on the box could have been better. Could have been cool if they had used a space background, I have never understood the orange background on the box.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Alisdairmac said:

Wow amazing fighters on that wall and I love the background, kenner should have used the same background on the box 8)
Thanks for sharing it :D Is it the glasslite tie interceptor that I can see in the background ? :?

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Alisdairmac said:

Wow amazing fighters on that wall and I love the background, kenner should have used the same background on the box 8)
Thanks for sharing it :D Is it the glasslite tie interceptor that I can see in the background ? :?
Thanks. Yes that's a glasslite in the back. Such a nice looking ship. I would try to collect more if I had the space. The background is part of a larger wallpaper. At the moment I'm running out of space and putting up some shelves so unfortunately much of it will be hidden behind a sea of mini rigs soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20191104_202039.jpg
    IMG_20191104_202039.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 669
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom