SWTOTW, Week 49, 2019 Millennium Falcon

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Millennium Falcon:

Millennium Falcon.jpg

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Here's mine, cant get her down as she's fixed to the wall, never had one as a kid, last year my misses got me this beauty, 100% complete and working electrics, I was over the moon.

The MF has got to be one of the coolest ships ever :D

20191208_201915.jpg

20191208_201955.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Ruby2511 said:
Here's mine, cant get her down as she's fixed to the wall, never had one as a kid, last year my misses got me this beauty, 100% complete and working electrics, I was over the moon.

20191208_201915.jpg
20191208_201955.jpg

A lovely example! Thanks for sharing it :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:

20191208_201915.jpg
20191208_201955.jpg

Wow nice falcon, great that your misses got it for you, it looks very nice, thanks for sharing it :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Here are my collection, sorry about the pictures, only the one with purple back ground is new I picked up the instruction for it years after I got the falcon and the box :D

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Here are my collection, sorry about the pictures, only the one with purple back ground is new I picked up the instruction for it years after I got the falcon and the box :D

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Beautiful Lars :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Another brilliant collection as we've come to expect from you, Lars! Magnificent stuff.

Thanks for sharing :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
The Millennium Falcon! What a toy! Our friends across the pond might have been treated to it in Kenner Star Wars packaging, but over here in the UK we had to wait for The Empire Strikes Back to come out before we could get our hands on one. Of course, as an 8 year-old boy in 1980, I was blissfully unaware of the grotesque injustice of the States getting it a 'whole film' before us, and so all I knew was that it was a new ship made for Empire and I wanted one... Badly! The trouble was it cost the princely sum of £20, and I certainly couldn't afford that, not on my meagre pocket money of 50p per week, most of which had to be swiftly invested in tooth decay at the local sweet shop :wink:

And so the year went by and I longed for a Falcon. I still didn't get one, but I longed for one. Lusted after one, in fact, but it made no difference. My family wasn't that well off, but even if we had been my mother certainly wasn't about to gift me £20's worth of toy for no reason! And so eventually Christmas approached with all the plodding speed of a tortoise on Mogadon, and naturally I knew what I wanted! But again, £20 was a lot of money. In those days, my mother spent £10 on each of my brothers and me for Christmas, and £10 simply wasn't £20... What was I to do? Well, as luck would have it my birthday is in January, and so I approached my mother with the brilliant idea of combining my Christmas and birthday gifts into one single gigantic Millennium Falcon shaped present! :-D I thought it was a terrific idea, but my mum would only say she'd think about it. Of course I kept pestering, sorry, I mean 'reminding' her of my wishes, but frustratingly she just wouldn't commit! And as Christmas became very close indeed I genuinely thought I was out of luck :-(

But then one day, a friend came round my house to play, and we were looking for one specific toy to play with that seemed to have vanished off the face of the Earth. I can't even remember what it was now, but at the time doubtless I thought it was vitally important to my continued well-being. And so, being a rather persistent so-and-so (nothing changes ;-)), my friend and I set about hunting through the house for the missing toy. And so it was that I found myself standing on a chair and searching the top shelf inside my oldest brother's wardrobe (something I certainly shouldn't have been doing!), hunting for toy 'A', and shifting blankets and bed sheets about, when my astonished eyes unexpectedly beheld one of the most amazing sights they had ever seen!... There, at the top of my brother's wardrobe, at the very back of it under a blanket, was not a pile of girlie mags (give that one a few more years), but a Tesco 'Delaware' price sticker reading '£20.00'... and it was attached to a brand spanking new Palitoy Millennium Falcon! :D :D :D

I probably was more excited than my friend, but it was a bloody close thing! And I was terrified he would spill the beans and tell my mother what we'd found! I was smart enough to know that I really shouldn't have found it, but not quite smart enough to stop worrying that if she did discover that I'd found it, I might not be given it! :lol: And so I managed to persuade my friend to keep his mouth shut, and I continued to remind my mother that I wanted a Falcon, just like I had been doing before I found it, only now safe in the knowledge that I would have one in my hot little hands come Christmas Day... which I did! :D

Sadly, I no longer own that particular Falcon, but instead these days, if only to spite Kenner's America First policy, I do own a Kenner Star Wars boxed unused one:

Flying Hamburger - 01.jpg

Flying Hamburger - 02.jpg

Flying Hamburger - 03.jpg

Flying Hamburger - 04.jpg

Flying Hamburger - 05.jpg

Flying Hamburger - 06.jpg

Flying Hamburger - 07.jpg

Flying Hamburger - 08.jpg

Flying Hamburger - 09.jpg

Flying Hamburger - 10.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:
Pomse2001 said:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Beautiful Lars :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Another brilliant collection as we've come to expect from you, Lars! Magnificent stuff.

Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks mate for the very kind words :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
The Millennium Falcon! What a toy! Our friends across the pond might have been treated to it in Kenner Star Wars packaging, but over here in the UK we had to wait for The Empire Strikes Back to come out before we could get our hands on one. Of course, as an 8 year-old boy in 1980, I was blissfully unaware of the grotesque injustice of the States getting it a 'whole film' before us, and so all I knew was that it was a new ship made for Empire and I wanted one... Badly! The trouble was it cost the princely sum of £20, and I certainly couldn't afford that, not on my meagre pocket money of 50p per week, most of which had to be swiftly invested in tooth decay at the local sweet shop :wink:

And so the year went by and I longed for a Falcon. I still didn't get one, but I longed for one. Lusted after one, in fact, but it made no difference. My family wasn't that well off, but even if we had been my mother certainly wasn't about to gift me £20's worth of toy for no reason! And so eventually Christmas approached with all the plodding speed of a tortoise on Mogadon, and naturally I knew what I wanted! But again, £20 was a lot of money. In those days, my mother spent £10 on each of my brothers and me for Christmas, and £10 simply wasn't £20... What was I to do? Well, as luck would have it my birthday is in January, and so I approached my mother with the brilliant idea of combining my Christmas and birthday gifts into one single gigantic Millennium Falcon shaped present! :-D I thought it was a terrific idea, but my mum would only say she'd think about it. Of course I kept pestering, sorry, I mean 'reminding' her of my wishes, but frustratingly she just wouldn't commit! And as Christmas became very close indeed I genuinely thought I was out of luck :-(

But then one day, a friend came round my house to play, and we were looking for one specific toy to play with that seemed to have vanished off the face of the Earth. I can't even remember what it was now, but at the time doubtless I thought it was vitally important to my continued well-being. And so, being a rather persistent so-and-so (nothing changes ;-)), my friend and I set about hunting through the house for the missing toy. And so it was that I found myself standing on a chair and searching the top shelf inside my oldest brother's wardrobe (something I certainly shouldn't have been doing!), hunting for toy 'A', and shifting blankets and bed sheets about, when my astonished eyes unexpectedly beheld one of the most amazing sights they had ever seen!... There, at the top of my brother's wardrobe, at the very back of it under a blanket, was not a pile of girlie mags (give that one a few more years), but a Tesco 'Delaware' price sticker reading '£20.00'... and it was attached to a brand spanking new Palitoy Millennium Falcon! :D :D :D

I probably was more excited than my friend, but it was a bloody close thing! And I was terrified he would spill the beans and tell my mother what we'd found! I was smart enough to know that I really shouldn't have found it, but not quite smart enough to stop worrying that if she did discover that I'd found it, I might not be given it! :lol: And so I managed to persuade my friend to keep his mouth shut, and I continued to remind my mother that I wanted a Falcon, just like I had been doing before I found it, only now safe in the knowledge that I would have one in my hot little hands come Christmas Day... which I did! :D

Sadly, I no longer own that particular Falcon, but instead these days, if only to spite Kenner's America First policy, I do own a Kenner Star Wars boxed unused one:

Flying Hamburger - 01.jpg

Flying Hamburger - 02.jpg

Flying Hamburger - 03.jpg

Flying Hamburger - 04.jpg

Flying Hamburger - 05.jpg

Flying Hamburger - 06.jpg

Flying Hamburger - 07.jpg

Flying Hamburger - 08.jpg

Flying Hamburger - 09.jpg

Flying Hamburger - 10.jpg

Wow a nice mint falcon and the sw box, the only box that I miss of the falcon in my collection :D thanks for sharing this beauty in the thread :wink:

Wow did the falcon first come to the uk in 1980 :shock: and I thought the uk got it all or most of it. I never had the falcon when I was a kid, it was to expensive. £20 wow I wish that was the price in denmark. Normal price in denmark was 498 DKR just before the ROTJ figures came out, I do not remember what the £ was in the early 80s. But if I compare it with what the £ cost today then it is £56 :shock: I only knew one that had the falcon here in denmark when I was a kid, but it looks like a lot of kids had the falcon in the 80s in denmark, since I have found them in many childhood lots.

Fantastic christmas story 8) What did happen to the palitoy box and falcon that you got since you do not have it today ?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Wow a nice mint falcon and the sw box, the only box that I miss of the falcon in my collection :D thanks for sharing this beauty in the thread :wink:

Wow did the falcon first come to the uk in 1980 :shock: and I thought the uk got it all or most of it. I never had the falcon when I was a kid, it was to expensive. £20 wow I wish that was the price in denmark. Normal price in denmark was 498 DKR just before the ROTJ figures came out, I do not remember what the £ was in the early 80s. But if I compare it with what the £ cost today then it is £56 :shock: I only knew one that had the falcon here in denmark when I was a kid, but it looks like a lot of kids had the falcon in the 80s in denmark, since I have found them in many childhood lots.

Fantastic christmas story 8) What did happen to the palitoy box and falcon that you got since you do not have it today ?

Foolishly, I sold all my Star Wars toys whilst I was still a boy. When Return of the Jedi came out, although I still loved Star Wars, I thought I was getting too old for the toys (I was 11 then... now I'm 47 and just look at me!), and so I sold them all to buy a BMX! :eek:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Foolishly, I sold all my Star Wars toys whilst I was still a boy. When Return of the Jedi came out, although I still loved Star Wars, I thought I was getting too old for the toys (I was 11 then... now I'm 47 and just look at me!), and so I sold them all to buy a BMX! :eek:

Wow you sold them before I started to collect star wars :shock: I first started to collect and to play with star wars after ROTJ but I am also a few years younger than you :) So do you still have the BMX ? or did you also sell that later for another thing ? :lol: Well maybe I can beat that one, I was also foolishly but that was in 2001 and I was 22 years old, I sold my childhood beaters and the rest I mixed with other vintage star wars toy that I bought on ebay or in denmark from other collectors. Today I can only ID less than 5 items from my childhood the rest I do not know where it is out of more than 50 items. Kids sometimes do foolishly things but adult should be smarter, I was not smart but so stupid :roll:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Wow you sold them before I started to collect star wars :shock: I first started to collect and to play with star wars after ROTJ but I am also a few years younger than you :) So do you still have the BMX ? or did you also sell that later for another thing ? :lol: Well maybe I can beat that one, I was also foolishly but that was in 2001 and I was 22 years old, I sold my childhood beaters and the rest I mixed with other vintage star wars toy that I bought on ebay or in denmark from other collectors. Today I can only ID less than 5 items from my childhood the rest I do not know where it is out of more than 50 items. Kids sometimes do foolishly things but adult should be smarter, I was not smart but so stupid :roll:

Everybody makes mistakes... said the Dalek climbing off the dustbin ;-)

The BMX I bought wasn't even a good one (it was a Halfords Turbo... truly awful!). However, I made slight amends a few years later when I upgraded to a Kuwahara.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

Everybody makes mistakes... said the Dalek climbing off the dustbin ;-)

The BMX I bought wasn't even a good one (it was a Halfords Turbo... truly awful!). However, I made slight amends a few years later when I upgraded to a Kuwahara.

Sorry to read it was awful, great that you found a better one :wink: I also wanted a BMX but I never got one and when my mom thought it was time for me to get a new bike then there was no bmx for sale in the shops so I got a mountain bike :lol:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Great examples Lars. Beautiful SW MIB Jeremy. Love the artwork on this one. I'd like to get my hands on a Star Wars boxed one too. Sit better with my collection. Sadly my Falcon is one of the only pieces I haven't photographed. Maybe soon.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Great examples Lars. Beautiful SW MIB Jeremy. Love the artwork on this one. I'd like to get my hands on a Star Wars boxed one too. Sit better with my collection. Sadly my Falcon is one of the only pieces I haven't photographed. Maybe soon.

Thanks mate for the kind words, we can't wait to see your falcon :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom