SWTOTW, Week 5, 2020 Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues):

luke.jpg

Sorry guys for the late thread, I had a busy weekend and forgot all about it :roll:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Come on guys! I know Lars was a little late posting this thread, but seriously, does no one have a Luke Bespin to share?! Well I do, and I will ;-)

Luke Bespin was (jointly with Yoda) my favourite Star Wars figure as a boy. Well nothing changes because it still is (as is Yoda). I mean come on, two accessories on an already great figure? What's not to love about that? Kenner spoiled us (even if his saber is mystifyingly the wrong colour once again)! The original Luke Farmboy figure was great as far as it went, but it was understandably rushed into production and whilst it's a solid figure, it's not exactly a tremendous likeness. Now Luke Bespin however... that's much more like Luke!

By the time Empire came out Kenner were really starting to get their act together. Unlike with Star Wars, they had the first wave of 10 figures ready to go from the start with the new film. They were all good sculpts, and Luke Bespin was one of them, and I loved it! It pained me that Luke Hoth and Han Bespin weren't also included in that same first wave of Empire figures, and so a Rebel Soldier had to substitute for Luke in my Hoth battles, but when it came to Bespin and Dagobah, I had Luke Bespin! And what a figure it was! :-D

There are a ton of variants to be found on Luke Bespin and I certainly don't have them all, however I do have a nice selection of different sculpts, hair and boot colours. In fact it is the figure that I have the most variants of after Klaatu, at 18. I won't bother listing all the differences here, but I will draw your attention to the lightsabers on Luke's belt which can either be attached or 'free-floating', the head sculpts which really can be surprisingly different, and of course the dark boots PBP at the right-hand end of the line. I also have a nice condition sliced-bubble Kenner Luke Bespin as a place-holder in my collection until the day I can afford a Palitoy 30 back one ;-)

Two Accessories - 01.jpg

Two Accessories - 02.jpg

Two Accessories - 03.jpg

Two Accessories - 04.jpg

Two Accessories - 05.jpg

Two Accessories - 06.jpg

Two Accessories - 07.jpg

Two Accessories - 08.jpg

Two Accessories - 09.jpg

Two Accessories - 10.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Come on guys! I know Lars was a little late posting this thread, but seriously, does no one have a Luke Bespin to share?! Well I do, and I will ;-)

Luke Bespin was (jointly with Yoda) my favourite Star Wars figure as a boy. Well nothing changes because it still is (as is Yoda). I mean come on, two accessories on an already great figure? What's not to love about that? Kenner spoiled us (even if his saber is mystifyingly the wrong colour once again)! The original Luke Farmboy figure was great as far as it went, but it was understandably rushed into production and whilst it's a solid figure, it's not exactly a tremendous likeness. Now Luke Bespin however... that's much more like Luke!

By the time Empire came out Kenner were really starting to get their act together. Unlike with Star Wars, they had the first wave of 10 figures ready to go from the start with the new film. They were all good sculpts, and Luke Bespin was one of them, and I loved it! It pained me that Luke Hoth and Han Bespin weren't also included in that same first wave of Empire figures, and so a Rebel Soldier had to substitute for Luke in my Hoth battles, but when it came to Bespin and Dagobah, I had Luke Bespin! And what a figure it was! :-D

There are a ton of variants to be found on Luke Bespin and I certainly don't have them all, however I do have a nice selection of different sculpts, hair and boot colours. In fact it is the figure that I have the most variants of after Klaatu, at 18. I won't bother listing all the differences here, but I will draw your attention to the lightsabers on Luke's belt which can either be attached or 'free-floating', the head sculpts which really can be surprisingly different, and of course the dark boots PBP at the right-hand end of the line. I also have a nice condition sliced-bubble Kenner Luke Bespin as a place-holder in my collection until the day I can afford a Palitoy 30 back one ;-)

Two Accessories - 01.jpg

Two Accessories - 02.jpg

Two Accessories - 03.jpg

Two Accessories - 04.jpg

Two Accessories - 05.jpg

Two Accessories - 06.jpg

Two Accessories - 07.jpg

Two Accessories - 08.jpg

Two Accessories - 09.jpg

Two Accessories - 10.jpg

Wow, that is a huge army of luke bespin variants, they look fantastic and thanks for the great info about the variants. Also the cut bubble cardback looks amazing 8)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Wow, that is a huge army of luke bespin variants, they look fantastic and thanks for the great info about the variants. Also the cut bubble cardback looks amazing 8)

Thanks Lars :)

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Wow Jeremy! Amazing!

Russ, nice loosie 8)

Well, I know edd_jedi and Mini99 have some very nice MOCs ;)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cazza said:
Wow Jeremy! Amazing!

Russ, nice loosie 8)

Well, I know @edd_jedi and @Mini99 have some very nice MOCs ;)
Another fantastic run of Lukes Jeremy.

Here is my Luke on his ESB 41 back - which Cazza used to own which he very kindly sold to me a few years back now. He still has pride of place on my Bespin shelf along with his sister. 😀
And a rare one from my at least, a loose one too.
38DF682E-8B6A-4107-82C3-A45A06EEC14C.jpeg

B4688D7E-4E4C-42AD-A7FD-EAB3007506A2.jpeg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Cazza said:
Wow Jeremy! Amazing!

Russ, nice loosie 8)

Here is my Luke on his ESB 41 back - which @Cazza used to own which he very kindly sold to me a few years back now. He still has pride of place on my Bespin shelf along with his sister. 😀

That's a gorgeous MOC, Nick! And the loose Luke's in pretty good shape too :)

Thanks for sharing.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Cazza said:
Wow Jeremy! Amazing!

Russ, nice loosie 8)

Here is my Luke on his ESB 41 back - which @Cazza used to own which he very kindly sold to me a few years back now. He still has pride of place on my Bespin shelf along with his sister. 😀

Wow that moc is a beauty, and the figure is also nice. Thanks for sahring them :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Finally I got some time for luke bespin :lol:

Here are my cardbacks

1. Palitoy ESB 30 back.

P1190548.JPG

P1190549.JPG

2. Kenner ESB 31 Back.

P1190550.JPG

P1190551.JPG

3. Palitoy ESB 45 Back.

P1190552.JPG

P1190553.JPG

4. Palitoy ESB 45 Back.

P1190554.JPG

P1190555.JPG

5. Kenner ESB 48 Back.

P1190556.JPG

P1190557.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom