SWTOTW, Week 11, 2020 Vehicle Maintenance Energizer

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Vehicle Maintenance Energizer:

V.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
The Vehicle Maintenance Energizer 'Toy'.... Hmmm, I think you'll struggle to find many children or collectors that hold this one high in their lists of vintage favourites. It might be a toy of something that was actually in 'The Empire Strikes Back' (a fact which surprises a few people, since it's not exactly prominent in the film), but it's also quite possibly the single most boring toy Kenner made in the entire vintage line. I can't even be bothered to criticise it any further, it's so tedious!

Here's my unused one:

Yawn - 01.jpg

Yawn - 02.jpg

Yawn - 03.jpg

Yawn - 04.jpg

Yawn - 05.jpg

Yawn - 06.jpg

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Great toy, although annoyed me as a kid because the suckers always came of the the rebel transporter! :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
The Vehicle Maintenance Energizer 'Toy'.... Hmmm, I think you'll struggle to find many children or collectors that hold this one high in their lists of vintage favourites. It might be a toy of something that was actually in 'The Empire Strikes Back' (a fact which surprises a few people, since it's not exactly prominent in the film), but it's also quite possibly the single most boring toy Kenner made in the entire vintage line. I can't even be bothered to criticise it any further, it's so tedious!

Here's my unused one:

Yawn - 01.jpg

Yawn - 02.jpg

Yawn - 03.jpg

Yawn - 04.jpg

Yawn - 05.jpg

Yawn - 06.jpg

Nice mint set and thanks for sharing it mate 8) I agree it is a boring set and it was a set that I first learned about in 2001 :lol: I think it is ok that there is a set to repair and fuel vehicles like the x-wing etc. etc. but as a few other items like anakin etc. etc kenner could have used the time to create a better playset and better figures :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Great toy, although annoyed me as a kid because the suckers always came of the the rebel transporter! :lol:

A 'great toy'? Really? My sincere congratulations for managing to think that! I've always considered it a major dud, but if you like it then excellent! I'm glad it has some fans out there! :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
theforceuk said:

A 'great toy'? Really? My sincere congratulations for managing to think that! I've always considered it a major dud, but if you like it then excellent! I'm glad it has some fans out there! :lol:

I loved it as a kid, ok its not up their with the AT-AT or X-Wing! But I loved it because it was different from anything else and you actually had something to fuel your ships. I had a lot of fun setting it up. :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Snaketibe said:
theforceuk said:

I loved it as a kid, ok its not up their with the AT-AT or X-Wing! But I loved it because it was different from anything else and you actually had something to fuel your ships. I had a lot of fun setting it up. :)

Excellent! Maybe Kenner did know what they were doing! :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Well something has upset Snaketibe , what on earth has this delightful toy done to upset you so much? :wink:
Here's my sealed one, let's show the grumpy man our love for this "toy of the week"... 8)

Attachments

• DC690837-5A2F-452E-926A-2A441289AEFC.jpeg
    DC690837-5A2F-452E-926A-2A441289AEFC.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 950

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
What! The awesome vehicle maintenance energiser. Star wars finest accessory.

Attachments

• IMG_20200316_221225.jpg
    IMG_20200316_221225.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 943
  • IMG_20200316_221340.jpg
    IMG_20200316_221340.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 946
  • IMG_20200316_221144__01.jpg
    IMG_20200316_221144__01.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 946

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Well something has upset @Snaketibe , what on earth has this delightful toy done to upset you so much? :wink:
Here's my sealed one, let's show the grumpy man our love for this "toy of the week"... 8)

That's a nice one

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Well something has upset @Snaketibe , what on earth has this delightful toy done to upset you so much? :wink:

Grumpy man :lol: wow that is a nice mint box that you have there, thanks for sharing this beauty 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Alisdairmac said:

Wow nice army of engergiser, Great to see a lili ledy and some huge original boxes for many energiser, so cool. I have never seen that Jigsaws before, not even in our Jigsaws thread :shock: thanks mate for sharing your fantastic collection :D

Any pictures of what is inside the lili ledy box ? is it different ? maybe the stickers are not like the kenner stickers ?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:

We all take our delights in different ways ;-)

Nice example you have though. Thanks for sharing :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Alisdairmac said:

Life would be boring if we all liked the same things :lol:

Nice collection you have there. Thanks for sharing :)

x-pack

Grand Master
Agreed on how boring this is. I did have one as a kid and never knew what to do with it. In the end I just lost all the bits and then it made even less sense. But then, only a few years ago I realised that the hose things are supposed to sucker onto the ships. What a revelation! Why didn't anyone teach me that at school? :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom