SWTOTW, Week 18, 2020 Warok

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Warok:

Warok.jpg

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Warok is actually a decent sculpt for an Ewok with lots of detail on the fur. The best of the last 17 Ewok offerings. But nowhere as interesting as Teebo or Logray. Why so many Ewoks? :roll:

Attachments

• 0BE642F9-7736-4D90-9C91-CDD1C42E96B5.jpeg
    0BE642F9-7736-4D90-9C91-CDD1C42E96B5.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,067

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Warok is actually a decent sculpt for an Ewok with lots of detail on the fur. The best of the last 17 Ewok offerings. But nowhere as interesting as Teebo or Logray. Why so many Ewoks? :roll:

Nice example. Thanks for sharing :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Warok... meh, it's another ewok ;-)

Jay's right, why were so many ewoks made? Was it to populate (and sell) the Ewok Village playset? Or did Kenner think kids would go ape over teddy bears in Star Wars? Whatever the reason, in their wisdom Kenner decided to give us Paploo, Lumat, Warok and Romba instead of Han Stormtrooper, Grand Moff Tarkin, Uncle Owen and Slave Leia, and for that we can all be 'thankful' :lol:... Jesus, to this day there are many collectors that can't even name all the ewoks, let alone know which one's which! And as for the accessories, it's a pretty common eBay auction that has Warok paired with Lumat's quiver or bow, or even Chief Chirpa's hood!

Gripes aside, this is a nice sculpt, and probably just about edges it as my favourite of the last four ewoks (which is a bit like saying cow pats are my favourite turds to stand in). I am unaware of any variants of significance on this figure (although I'm always happy to learn of more!), so I have just the one to show here, although I can add a POTF MOC to proceedings as well.

Lumok - 01.jpg

Warat - 02.jpg

Romloo - 03.jpg

Papba - 04.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:

I guess many kids thought the ewoks was sweet and it would be strange to have a huge ewok village for only 1 or 2 ewoks :lol: Thanks for sharing your ewok, he looks fantastic :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:

Jay's right, why were so many ewoks made? Was it to populate (and sell) the Ewok Village playset? Or did Kenner think kids would go ape over teddy bears in Star Wars? Whatever the reason, in their wisdom Kenner decided to give us Paploo, Lumat, Warok and Romba instead of Han Stormtrooper, Grand Moff Tarkin, Uncle Owen and Slave Leia, and for that we can all be 'thankful' :lol:... Jesus, to this day there are many collectors that can't even name all the ewoks, let alone know which one's which! And as for the accessories, it's a pretty common eBay auction that has Warok paired with Lumat's quiver or bow, or even Chief Chirpa's hood!

Gripes aside, this is a nice sculpt, and probably just about edges it as my favourite of the last four ewoks (which is a bit like saying cow pats are my favourite turds to stand in). I am unaware of any variants of significance on this figure (although I'm always happy to learn of more!), so I have just the one to show here, although I can add a POTF MOC to proceedings as well.

Lumok - 01.jpg

Warat - 02.jpg

Romloo - 03.jpg

Papba - 04.jpg

Outstanding, thanks mate for sharing this 2 beauties. That moc and that figure looks mint 8)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Cool Ewok, I need this one MOC. Will be a good thread. :)

Hi all,
Here is my one...and its for sale if anyone is intrested.🤔
Lovely crystal clear bubble.

Attachments

• 8DBA5735-ECF0-4A91-93DB-76A50BC25535.jpeg
    8DBA5735-ECF0-4A91-93DB-76A50BC25535.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 1,024

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Here is a bad photo of my Warok miscard: Will take a better one when I find it. Have a loose complete near mint one.

Attachments

• 20180919_214329.jpg
    20180919_214329.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,027

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
theforceuk said:

Hi all,

Thanks I've sent you a PM, it is a really nice one!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
theforceuk said:

Hi all,

Nice moc, thanks for sharing it mate and good luck with the sale :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
StarWarsFan said:
Here is a bad photo of my Warok miscard: Will take a better one when I find it. Have a loose complete near mint one.

Cool miscard is it weequay on the moc ?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
StarWarsFan said:
Ha that's really bad. Can't even see what I'm supposed to be looking at. You must of been really drunk taking that
:lol:
I'm guessing a Weequay on Warok miscard. Cool!

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
StarWarsFan said:
Ha that's really bad. Can't even see what I'm supposed to be looking at. You must of been really drunk taking that
:lol:
I'm guessing a Weequay on Warok miscard. Cool!

lol yep that's the one. Nope fast photo taking when moving house.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Mini99 said:
theforceuk said:

Hi all,
Beautiful moc Nick. Don't see too many like that. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks, off to his new home tomorrow... :(

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Snaketibe said:
so I have just the one to show here, although I can add a POTF MOC to proceedings as well.
Really nice photos of your loose Warok Jeremy. Show up the detail on the sculpt well.

Thanks. I wish all my photos came out that well! :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom