SWTOTW, Week 19, 2020 Sy Snootles and the Rebo Band

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Sy Snootles and the Rebo Band:

01.jpg

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I have the Tri-logo version of this as part of my MIB creature collection. Love it. Noticed the prices have been going up and up of late. I picked mine up boxed for £75ish 2 years ago but you'd be lucky to get it for less than £150 in this condition today.

Attachments

• 137D9FB9-3CDD-43E3-B071-90CEF2D6689E.jpeg
    137D9FB9-3CDD-43E3-B071-90CEF2D6689E.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 1,188
  • 240F1C55-9C88-44B9-BB0B-FFC8C0B239FA.jpeg
    240F1C55-9C88-44B9-BB0B-FFC8C0B239FA.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 1,191
  • 0BA378D6-2247-4855-A422-A22B85B6FA69.jpeg
    0BA378D6-2247-4855-A422-A22B85B6FA69.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 1,192

lejackal

Grand Master
That's a stunner, and then dare say you'd have a queue even if you asked £200 for it :shock:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
I have the Tri-logo version of this as part of my MIB creature collection. Love it. Noticed the prices have been going up and up of late. I picked mine up boxed for £75ish 2 years ago but you'd be lucky to get it for less than £150 in this condition today.

Agreed, that's a lovely example!

Thanks for sharing :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
You rarely see these trilogo sets with the inserts? In fact the example that Emiel (@Capetown) has is the only one I think I've seen.

Does anybody know if they all originally came with inserts or some without?

Whilst not 100% certain, I am pretty sure the UK version didn't come with inserts. Even Capetown's magnificent MIB collection shows two different versions of the Rebo Band, one without inserts and instead a large bag that all the other bagged pieces came in, and the other version with an inner, but also what appears to be an 'El Retorno Del Jedi' leaflet / booklet, so I am guessing this may be the Spanish version of this set? Hopefully Emiel can confirm / clarify for us.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I love this set. Sy Snootles and the Rebo Band packed 3 figures, 3 'normal' sized accessories, and one honking great big accessory into one pack, giving you the whole of Jabba's band in one hit. Marvellous! The sculpts were great, the figures could all hold / interact with their accessories in a movie-accurate way... What's not to like? :D

I've had a couple of these sets (one loose, one boxed) for decades, however it was only comparatively recently (as in a few years ago) that I learned of the Lili Ledy variants, all of which are clearly different from their Kenner / Palitoy counterparts, as are their accessories. Droopy is moulded in darker plastic and has dark green shorts instead of brown, Sy Snootles is moulded in lighter yellow plastic and has much lighter blue spots, and Max is moulded in darker blue plastic which doesn't fade!... Bonus!... The downside of course is that all of the Lili Ledy variants are highly prone to discolouration / yellowing, to the point that finding ones without yellowing can be quite tough. I've finally managed it, although the blue-background photos below were taken with my previous Droopy which did have a little yellowing down his left side, so I have also included some extra shots from my main figure cabinet which show my replacement un-yellowed (for now at least!) Droopy, plus a bonus Hutt and Kowakian Monkey-Lizard :wink:

One last point worth making is that the smaller accessories, rather unusually, can come in both silver and black. I only have the silver mic stands and black flute, but they can also be found moulded in the opposite colours!

Anyway, here's mine. A Tri-logo boxed, plus a loose Kenner and loose Lili Ledy:

Lapti Nek Forever - 01.jpg

Lapti Nek Forever - 02.jpg

Lapti Nek Forever - 03.jpg

Lapti Nek Forever - 04.jpg

Lapti Nek Forever - 05.jpg

Lapti Nek Forever - 06.jpg

Lapti Nek Forever - 07.jpg

Lapti Nek Forever - 08.jpg

Lapti Nek Forever - 09.jpg

Lapti Nek Forever - 10.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:

Ok that is a nice mint set, I am surprised to learn that £150 is the price today for such a set :shock: Thanks for sharing it mate :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
You rarely see these trilogo sets with the inserts? In fact the example that Emiel (@Capetown) has is the only one I think I've seen.

Does anybody know if they all originally came with inserts or some without?

I have never seen it with inserts before :shock:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
I love this set. Sy Snootles and the Rebo Band packed 3 figures, 3 'normal' sized accessories, and one honking great big accessory into one pack, giving you the whole of Jabba's band in one hit. Marvellous! The sculpts were great, the figures could all hold / interact with their accessories in a movie-accurate way... What's not to like? :D

I've had a couple of these sets (one loose, one boxed) for decades, however it was only comparatively recently (as in a few years ago) that I learned of the Lili Ledy variants, all of which are clearly different from their Kenner / Palitoy counterparts, as are their accessories. Droopy is moulded in darker plastic and has dark green shorts instead of brown, Sy Snootles is moulded in lighter yellow plastic and has much lighter blue spots, and Max is moulded in darker blue plastic which doesn't fade!... Bonus!... The downside of course is that all of the Lili Ledy variants are highly prone to discolouration / yellowing, to the point that finding ones without yellowing can be quite tough. I've finally managed it, although the blue-background photos below were taken with my previous Droopy which did have a little yellowing down his left side, so I have also included some extra shots from my main figure cabinet which show my replacement un-yellowed (for now at least!) Droopy, plus a bonus Hutt and Kowakian Monkey-Lizard :wink:

One last point worth making is that the smaller accessories, rather unusually, can come in both silver and black. I only have the silver mic stands and black flute, but they can also be found moulded in the opposite colours!

Anyway, here's mine. A Tri-logo boxed, plus a loose Kenner and loose Lili Ledy:

Lapti Nek Forever - 01.jpg

Lapti Nek Forever - 02.jpg

Lapti Nek Forever - 03.jpg

Lapti Nek Forever - 04.jpg

Lapti Nek Forever - 05.jpg

Lapti Nek Forever - 06.jpg

Lapti Nek Forever - 07.jpg

Lapti Nek Forever - 08.jpg

Lapti Nek Forever - 09.jpg

Lapti Nek Forever - 10.jpg

Thanks mate for sharing pictures of this great sets from your huge collection and all the great info about them :D It all looks fantastic on the pictures from your collection :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Two fantastic boxed examples and mint loose from Jeremy.
I had a Tri logo mint box example back in the 90s and this was bagged up without any inserts.
Here's my loose set.

Attachments

• 00DB81F5-3C29-43CC-84E2-D0A1690AC366.jpeg
    00DB81F5-3C29-43CC-84E2-D0A1690AC366.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,152

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Fabulous examples everyone! Hard to find an unfaded Max Rebo these days. Instruments are costly as well.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Two fantastic boxed examples and mint loose from Jeremy.
I had a Tri logo mint box example back in the 90s and this was bagged up without any inserts.
Here's my loose set.

That's in fabulous condition Nick, with almost no fading to Max! Beautiful!

Thanks for sharing :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Jeremy - do you have any info on the differences between the Ledy Max Rebo and the standard Kenner. My Max is very blue like your Ledy and I just wanted to make sure it is the Kenner variant.

Hi Jay,

There is a bit more info on the various kinds of Rebo Band set, including the Lili Ledy one, here:

http://swvintagevariants.blogspot.com/2012/04/lili-news-8-max-rebo-band.html

However in a nutshell, the Lili Ledy set comes in unique packaging that isn't Tri-logo like yours and mine (please forgive me if you already knew this), and so if your Max originated in the box you've shown, then it definitely isn't Ledy. Also, the Tri-logo Max can be slightly darker blue than the Kenner version, but both are put in the shade by the blue of the Ledy version which is noticeably darker than all of the others, plus the body and limbs on the Ledy are identical in shade, which of course is something you simply don't seem to find on any of the other versions. Even Nick's wonderful example in this thread, whilst still retaining really lovely blue limbs, has limbs which are a lighter shade of blue than the body. Your example also looks wonderful, and unless my eyes deceive me, is also still sealed in their baggies, so your Max won't have been exposed to much oxygen and hence will have suffered very little oxidation to its plastic and blue dye, which is one of the factors that can affect fading, along with the more obvious exposure to UV light.

I hope that helps.

Jeremy

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Hi Jeremy. The figures aren't sealed in their baggies unfortunately and the set has been pieced together from 2 complete boxes sets and 1 loose.

The majority come from 1 set but the box Itself is from a different set and the Max figure from a loose set, both bought as an upgrade. I'm pretty sure it's Kenner but I wanted to be sure hence wanting some tell-tale signs like the unique pattern on Sy Snootles and the darker pants on Droopy McCool.

I'll take a look at the links and add pics of the figures close up when I get the chance. Thank you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom