SWTOTW, Week 19, 2020 Sy Snootles and the Rebo Band

Here you can browse the popular 'toy of the week' threads which focus on particular characters or vehicles.
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 19, 2020

Post by Snaketibe »

TheJabbaWookie wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:54 am
Here’s my Max Rebo @Snaketibe
Hi Jay,

That's in truly lovely condition, but like the best of the non-Ledy versions, there is a slight difference in the shade of blue of your Max's torso compared to his limbs. Every Lili Ledy Max Rebo example I have seen has the exact same shade of deep blue on both their torso and limbs (albeit many of them also have some yellowing, usually to the torso), so I would say that yours is very unlikely to be Ledy, but remains an excellent example nonetheless.

Hope that helps.

Jeremy

TheJabbaWookie
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by TheJabbaWookie »

Great. I didn’t actually want him to be Ledy.

Wanted him to be a very blue Kenner for my set otherwise I’d have to go in search of a mint Kenner version all over again :lol:

I’m currently not chasing after Ledy as I find them too expensive and too hard to track down, although I would like a Klaatu with big fluffy furry skirt

Capetown
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Capetown »

Snaketibe wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 2:32 am
TheJabbaWookie wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:50 pm
You rarely see these trilogo sets with the inserts? In fact the example that Emiel (@Capetown) has is the only one I think I’ve seen.

Does anybody know if they all originally came with inserts or some without?
Whilst not 100% certain, I am pretty sure the UK version didn't come with inserts. Even Capetown's magnificent MIB collection shows two different versions of the Rebo Band, one without inserts and instead a large bag that all the other bagged pieces came in, and the other version with an inner, but also what appears to be an 'El Retorno Del Jedi' leaflet / booklet, so I am guessing this may be the Spanish version of this set? Hopefully Emiel can confirm / clarify for us.
Aye, Jeremy, it's the Spanish GMJ-version. It has GMJ on the back where on the regular set it says PBP.
sw_sy_snootles_and_the_rebo_band_Tr-logo_gmj 006.jpg
sw_sy_snootles_and_the_rebo_band_Tr-logo_gmj 006.jpg (93.28 KiB) Viewed 382 times
sw_sy_snootles_and_the_rebo_band_Tr-logo_gmj 021.jpg
sw_sy_snootles_and_the_rebo_band_Tr-logo_gmj 021.jpg (122.34 KiB) Viewed 382 times

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

Capetown wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:43 pm
Snaketibe wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:
You rarely see these trilogo sets with the inserts? In fact the example that Emiel (@Capetown) has is the only one I think I’ve seen.

Whilst not 100% certain, I am pretty sure the UK version didn't come with inserts. Even Capetown's magnificent MIB collection shows two different versions of the Rebo Band, one without inserts and instead a large bag that all the other bagged pieces came in, and the other version with an inner, but also what appears to be an 'El Retorno Del Jedi' leaflet / booklet, so I am guessing this may be the Spanish version of this set? Hopefully Emiel can confirm / clarify for us.
Aye, Jeremy, it's the Spanish GMJ-version. It has GMJ on the back where on the regular set it says PBP.

sw_sy_snootles_and_the_rebo_band_Tr-logo_gmj 006.jpgsw_sy_snootles_and_the_rebo_band_Tr-logo_gmj 021.jpg
Thanks Emiel. If anyone was going to be able to clarify this one it was you :-)

TheJabbaWookie
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by TheJabbaWookie »

Very nice Emiel. Good to know my set is complete without inserts 8)

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Capetown wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:43 pm
Snaketibe wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:

sw_sy_snootles_and_the_rebo_band_Tr-logo_gmj 006.jpgsw_sy_snootles_and_the_rebo_band_Tr-logo_gmj 021.jpg
Thanks emiel for sharing this beauty. Are any of the parts different in that box ? does the Silver Flute come from that GMJ box ? :?

Capetown
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Capetown »

Pomse2001 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:52 am
Thanks emiel for sharing this beauty. Are any of the parts different in that box ? does the Silver Flute come from that GMJ box ? :?
Both my trilogo sets have silver accessories.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Capetown wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:18 pm
Pomse2001 wrote:
Thanks for the info emiel, looks like I maybe have to look to spain to get a silver flute :D

Capetown
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Capetown »

Pomse2001 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:00 pm
Capetown wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Thanks for the info emiel, looks like I maybe have to look to spain to get a silver flute :D
Are the silver flutes rarer than the black flutes?

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Capetown wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:32 pm
Pomse2001 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:00 pm
Capetown wrote:

Are the silver flutes rarer than the black flutes?
Yes they are rarer much more than the black one.