SWTOTW, Week 24, 2020 Han Solo (Hoth Outfit)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Han Solo (Hoth Outfit):

solo.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
Hooray! One I can help with

Here's all my Kenner

Kenner_Hans_small.jpg

And my Palitoy, POCH Clipper and Canada

Other-Hans-small.jpg

Will post some more up after others chime in

spoons

Grand Master
Close ups and a few more in this thread https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29058&p=389453&hilit=Han+hoths#p389453

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
spoons said:

Here's all my Kenner

images

images

Yeah, it's alright I suppose...

:lol: :shock:

That is an absolutely outstanding and amazing collection, Andy! Quite simply brilliant.

Thanks so much for sharing :)

spoons

Grand Master
Thnaks chaps, been a focus for a long time - beautiful loose examples Andy and Russ, and Andy the 41 back Palitoy Han Hoth is a classic! Yours looks lovely and great you've had it so long.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
Here are mine- my loose childhood figure and my 41-bk Palitoy MOC purchased in around 1994-5.

20200615_155247.jpg

Beautiful! I love that 41-back and to still have your childhood figure is pretty special (and it certainly looks like you took good care of it! :-D).

Thanks for sharing.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Han Solo (Hoth Outfit). A truly essential figure for any young boy in 1980 who had seen 'The Empire Strikes Back'! It was one of the first wave of ten figures released for that film by Kenner, and it was a great one.... The colour they gave Han's jacket... not so much :lol:. For an entire generation of fans, Kenner's incorrect colour choice for Han Hoth's jacket had us all convinced for decades that Harrison Ford wore blue in that film, when he did nothing of the sort! Han Hoth's jacket is, was and always will be brown, not blue... but try convincing die-hard 'blue-ists' of that! :lol:

Kenner's colour blindness aside, this really is a great figure. He looks like Han, you can shove him in a tauntaun, he comes with the right gun... what more could a child want? :-D Well, if I'm nitpicking, the ability to hold his weapon would be nice if you're talking about my childhood one, as his grip could barely manage it! A fact I guess Kenner became aware of, as later (I assume they were later at any rate) sculpts had the thumb modified by lengthening it so as to remedy that particular shortcoming.

This figure holds a special place in my affection. Growing up, my family was not very well off, and so for a Star Wars mad young boy like me back in 1980, Christmases and birthdays were a very big deal! They were a golden opportunity to rapidly expand one's collection and gain a bit of cash in readiness to hand it over to George Lucas. My uncle was a self-made man and (compared to us at least), much better off, and his presents to us were always great :-D. However, in an uncharacteristically unmercenary act on my part, when he asked me what I wanted for Christmas in 1980, I only asked for one thing; Han Hoth! I hadn't managed to track him down in the shops at a time which coincided with me having the funds to buy one, and so I asked my uncle to get me one. Bear in mind that at the time new figures were of the order of £1.25 - £1.50 each, and my uncle was used to spending more than that on my brothers and me, but that's all I requested that year. And so when Christmas arrived, a brand new shiny Palitoy Han Hoth duly became mine! However, even though that's all I'd asked for, my excellent uncle decided to add a box of Maltesers and a cheque for £7.50 to my stocking as well! Bonus! :-D :-D :-D

Sadly, I stupidly parted with my childhood figures when I was still a child, but I never forgot my original Han Hoth, and even though I didn't keep my cardbacks either (my mother would never have tolerated me keeping 'rubbish' the toy came in), when I started collecting again in the 90's, it was high on my wants list. And a few years later when funds allowed, I also targeted a 30-back, which I'm pretty sure is what my uncle bought me.

Anyway, here are my 9 loose Han Hoths. Hopefully Andy (Spoons) will soon put this little lot to shame :-D, however in the meantime, there are lots of different variants to be had with this figure. There are different sculpts (including the aforementioned thumb, and also belt buckle and neck scarf), obviously different leg colours, including a chocolate legs Poch (not to be confused - as many an eBay auction does - with the more common dark legs variants), a tan-moulded legs variant, and other shades. He comes with a rainbow of different face paint shades, and there is also the famous PBP 'purple' jacket version (which isn't really purple at all, but it is a clearly different shade of blue to the others). And lastly, there's also that 30-back.

And Maltesers Too - 01.jpg

And Maltesers Too  - 02.jpg

And Maltesers Too  - 03.jpg

And Maltesers Too  - 04.jpg

And Maltesers Too  - 05.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
Thats a great story Snaketibe Jeremy, my favourite figure as a kid too but I dont really have anything to add to my story :lol:

Your 30 back is lovely, mine is creased with a yellow bubble and as for vairants you win there! The one loose figure I have that I dont think you do is this error. Odd legs and no paint ap to the front. A real Friday afternoon job

3C46704E-2800-4913-8729-5929B079718C.jpg

loose leg colour variations

46256CE5-4CDA-41F9-B003-2C90C37C06ED.jpg

and other loose Han Hoths

7C37FFAE-F8CD-4D49-9C3A-64880F50831B.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
spoons said:
Thats a great story @Snaketibe Jeremy, my favourite figure as a kid too but I dont really have anything to add to my story :lol:

Your 30 back is lovely, mine is creased with a yellow bubble and as for vairants you win there! The one loose figure I have that I dont think you do is this error. Odd legs and no paint ap to the front. A real Friday afternoon job.

Thanks Andy. That's a pretty unique Han Hoth you have there! As you say, perhaps a Friday afternoon job! :lol: I'm not really into collecting error figures myself, but that is a pretty interesting one. His left leg almost looks like a tan moulded one! I don't suppose it is, is it? Regardless, thanks for sharing it and the rest of your tremendous focus :)

Jeremy

spoons

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
spoons said:
Thats a great story @Snaketibe Jeremy, my favourite figure as a kid too but I dont really have anything to add to my story :lol:

Your 30 back is lovely, mine is creased with a yellow bubble and as for vairants you win there! The one loose figure I have that I dont think you do is this error. Odd legs and no paint ap to the front. A real Friday afternoon job.

Thanks Andy. That's a pretty unique Han Hoth you have there! As you say, perhaps a Friday afternoon job! :lol: I'm not really into collecting error figures myself, but that is a pretty interesting one. His left leg almost looks like a tan moulded one! I don't suppose it is, is it? Regardless, thanks for sharing it and the rest of your tremendous focus :)

Jeremy

Just a regular leg unfortunately. I thought the same when I bought him, was only a couple of dollars from America a couple of years ago so no great premium for his odd nature.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
spoons said:

Here's all my Kenner

Kenner_Hans_small.jpg

Other-Hans-small.jpg

I bet you've been waiting for this post for ages.😉
Really great runs you have of a great card back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom