Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 24, 2020

Here you can browse the popular 'toy of the week' threads which focus on particular characters or vehicles.
spoons
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 24, 2020

Post by spoons »

Thats a great story @Snaketibe Jeremy, my favourite figure as a kid too but I dont really have anything to add to my story :lol:

Your 30 back is lovely, mine is creased with a yellow bubble and as for vairants you win there! The one loose figure I have that I dont think you do is this error. Odd legs and no paint ap to the front. A real Friday afternoon job

loose leg colour variations

and other loose Han Hoths

http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

spoons wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:27 pm
Thats a great story @Snaketibe Jeremy, my favourite figure as a kid too but I dont really have anything to add to my story :lol:

Your 30 back is lovely, mine is creased with a yellow bubble and as for vairants you win there! The one loose figure I have that I dont think you do is this error. Odd legs and no paint ap to the front. A real Friday afternoon job.
Thanks Andy. That's a pretty unique Han Hoth you have there! As you say, perhaps a Friday afternoon job! :lol: I'm not really into collecting error figures myself, but that is a pretty interesting one. His left leg almost looks like a tan moulded one! I don't suppose it is, is it? Regardless, thanks for sharing it and the rest of your tremendous focus :-)

Jeremy

spoons
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by spoons »

Snaketibe wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:25 pm
spoons wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:27 pm

Your 30 back is lovely, mine is creased with a yellow bubble and as for vairants you win there! The one loose figure I have that I dont think you do is this error. Odd legs and no paint ap to the front. A real Friday afternoon job.
Thanks Andy. That's a pretty unique Han Hoth you have there! As you say, perhaps a Friday afternoon job! :lol: I'm not really into collecting error figures myself, but that is a pretty interesting one. His left leg almost looks like a tan moulded one! I don't suppose it is, is it? Regardless, thanks for sharing it and the rest of your tremendous focus :-)

Jeremy
Just a regular leg unfortunately. I thought the same when I bought him, was only a couple of dollars from America a couple of years ago so no great premium for his odd nature.

Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

spoons wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:07 am
Hooray! One I can help with

Here’s all my Kenner

And my Palitoy, POCH Clipper and Canada

Will post some more up after others chime in
I bet you’ve been waiting for this post for ages.😉
Really great runs you have of a great card back.
Last edited by Mini99 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spoons
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by spoons »

Mini99 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:51 pm

I bet you’ve been waiting for this post for ages.😉
Really great runs you have if a great card back.
:lol: it did cross my mind :lol:

TheJabbaWookie
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by TheJabbaWookie »

Great figure. Ace collections Andy @spoons and Jeremy @Snaketibe.

I’m laid up with a gammy back at the moment so can’t photograph mine. I’ll add when I can but nothing as spectacular as either of you two sadly. I’d love to get my hands on a Molded legs, a purple jacket, and a chocolate legs.

What I can add is a little information.
Family I (2 line Coo with large copyright) was made in the Unitoy factory. This figure came with the v2 blaster from the TIG website. It is easily identified by its elongated thumb on the right hand.

I believe Unitoy stopped making Han Hoth from the 65c Emperor offer onwards. At this point the Unitoy moulds were sent to Kader and they released a no Coo version (which I believe) can be found in the US on Kenner 65c cards and onwards. They were also released for the European market. This figure is often found with a blue / black rather than black Kader v4/v5 blaster instead of the blue v2 blaster. You can see an example of this in Spoons’ China baggie with double weapons error.

The dark tan pants variant was also produced by Unitoy (though I haven’t yet determined which card Back they appear on being at the start of my research).

Family II (2 line Coo with small copyright) was made in the Smile factory. This figure came with the v1 blaster from the TIG website. They also made a no Coo version for the European market.

Family III (5 line Coo) was made in the Kader factory. This figure came with the v4 and v5 Blasters from the TIG website.

It is the Kader factory that is responsible for the moulded legs Han Hoth Figure.

Parts were also sent to POCH and painted to produce the chocolate legs Han Hoth variant. Later the moulds were sent to PBP and scarred to produce the PBP variants including the purple jacket variant.

*ref pics from Wolff’s Coo guide and TIG’s weapon guide
Attachments
AE871EC1-5F2F-4BEB-80EC-BB3EC465A644.png
AE871EC1-5F2F-4BEB-80EC-BB3EC465A644.png (820.73 KiB) Viewed 415 times
CA4FBE2A-9B4F-469A-8B01-48649B94760D.jpeg
CA4FBE2A-9B4F-469A-8B01-48649B94760D.jpeg (75.8 KiB) Viewed 415 times

spoons
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by spoons »

Thats interesting @TheJabbaWookie - I've never really paid much heed to facotries. The onyl hting I'm ocnfused about is if you are saying Kader only released HH from 65C onwards?

The moulded legs is a 31 back release so the first or second Han Hoth on the market - there is also a non-moulded 31 back so not sure which factory made which. I'm sure you do :)

Dark tan pants is a Palitoy/Euro release (tri-logo maybe?) and also found on two packs from Euro stock.

Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

I too can add to this one but not to the degree that others have done for this figure.
There are so lovely examples of this figure in collections and of course his great ability to holster his blaster.
Attachments
C2D2A47D-3DA1-45FA-99FB-AF0FAB919021.jpeg
C2D2A47D-3DA1-45FA-99FB-AF0FAB919021.jpeg (137.54 KiB) Viewed 397 times
F02E8B16-61B2-42E1-B5F6-81E076074222.jpeg
F02E8B16-61B2-42E1-B5F6-81E076074222.jpeg (167.83 KiB) Viewed 397 times

TheJabbaWookie
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by TheJabbaWookie »

spoons wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:17 pm
Thats interesting @TheJabbaWookie - I've never really paid much heed to facotries. The onyl hting I'm ocnfused about is if you are saying Kader only released HH from 65C onwards?

The moulded legs is a 31 back release so the first or second Han Hoth on the market - there is also a non-moulded 31 back so not sure which factory made which. I'm sure you do :)

Dark tan pants is a Palitoy/Euro release (tri-logo maybe?) and also found on two packs from Euro stock.
No all three factories released from 31 back. But the Unitoy mould was sent to Kader to make the Made in China baggie figure and the no Coo version of the Unitoy Figure.

From my research this is not the only time this has happened. The Zuckuss Figure moulds were also sent to Kader and the figure can be found on 65c Kenner cards onwards as well as in made in China baggies.

And Jon Meade has shown that the same thing happened with Yoda.

spoons
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by spoons »

TheJabbaWookie wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:20 pm
spoons wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:17 pm

No all three factories released from 31 back. But the Unitoy mould was sent to Kader to make the Made in China baggie figure and the no Coo version of the Unitoy Figure.

From my research this is not the only time this has happened. The Zuckuss Figure moulds were also sent to Kader and the figure can be found on 65c Kenner cards onwards as well as in made in China baggies.

And Jon Meade has shown that the same thing happened with Yoda.
That makes sense! Thanks

And two lovely Hans Nick, a normal amount to own :)

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

Mini99 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:55 pm
I too can add to this one but not to the degree that others have done for this figure.
There are so lovely examples of this figure in collections and of course his great ability to holster his blaster.
And another two lovely examples from you too, Nick!

I'm loving the contributions to this thread so far. Let's hope it continues :-)

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Cazza »

Superb examples fellas! That 30-bk is a stunner Jeremy 8)

Love the pencil toppers Andy.
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

spoons wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:07 am
Hooray! One I can help with

Here’s all my Kenner

Will post some more up after others chime in
Wow andy that is an amazing solo collection, so do you have a solo hoth focus ? :lol: just joking. Not to be rude but if you get the time then I would love to se the cards from the back in the same order as you shared them from the front, it could be cool to see which back variants that there is and what types of stickers that is on some of them on the back 8)

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

spoons wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:11 am
Close ups and a few more in this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29058&p=389453&hili ... hs#p389453
ok forget about the pictures I asked for in the last post, I guess that they are in this thread on the link :lol:

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Ruby2511 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:59 am
Here's mine 😁

20200615_115606.jpg
Thanks mate for sharing it, a nice mint solo figure 8)