Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 34, 2020

Here you can browse the popular 'toy of the week' threads which focus on particular characters or vehicles.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 34, 2020

Post by Pomse2001 »

Princess Leia Organa (Combat Poncho):
leia.jpg
leia.jpg (17.1 KiB) Viewed 496 times

TheJabbaWookie
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 34, 2020

Post by TheJabbaWookie »

This is a pretty good figure with lots of accessories. Certainly better than Luke Poncho. Here’s mine.
Attachments
F2236485-9A32-4AC8-90B7-C340EE0F9FFE.jpeg
F2236485-9A32-4AC8-90B7-C340EE0F9FFE.jpeg (94.99 KiB) Viewed 489 times

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

TheJabbaWookie wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:43 pm
This is a pretty good figure with lots of accessories. Certainly better than Luke Poncho. Here’s mine.
A lovely clean, mint example!

Thanks for sharing :-)

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

Princess Leia Organa (in Combat Poncho). A long name for a good figure. As stated in the Yoda thread, this figure jointly holds the record for coming with the most accessories alongside Yoda and Squid Head, with four. That's actually very good value for a Star Wars figure, and what's even better, they're all relevant and sensible... even necessary! Unlike the frankly feeble Luke Skywalker (in Battle Poncho) - I'm not quite sure why Luke's poncho is good for battles, but Leia's is only suitable for combat, but I digress - Leia's helmet is removable, and she's all the better for it! The poncho itself and belt work well together too, and the gun is correct. Splendid stuff!

Like most figures, there are a few variants to be found with this one, with the main two seeming to be similar, but differing sculpts most easily distinguished by the width of her head... Or fat and thin head, if you prefer! The torso sculpts are also different to one another, but if she's wearing her poncho you won't be seeing much of that!

However, if you're after something a little more exotic, there's also the Lili Ledy variants. There's at least two of those to be found, and again they are similar, although one comes with a grey Leia blaster, whilst the other comes with a more familiar (but still incorrect for this character!) blue Leia blaster. The poncho is a very different shade of yellow / green on the Lili Ledy figures too (and I believe the two different Lili Ledy variants I've seen come with slightly different shades of yellow / green poncho to one another, albeit both are still very different to the Kenner versions). What many collectors might not know however is that the Lili Ledy poncho is not just a different shade, it also comes with no arm holes! Unlike the Kenner ponchos where you can slip Leia's arms through the holes like sleeves to have a better fit (and to allow her to have her poncho tucked into her belt yet still raise her arm to fire her blaster), the lili Ledy one has no such convenience. Instead, if you want her poncho neatly tucked into her belt, you're pretty much forced to display her with her arms by her sides, as she certainly won't be raising her blaster to shoot any stormtroopers any time soon! :lol:

Anyway, here are my three, including my Lili Ledy. Sorry, I forgot to take close-ups of the COO's with this figure, but to compensate I'm including some extra shots of the Ledy variant.
Combat Carrie - 01.jpg
Combat Carrie - 01.jpg (125.9 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Combat Carrie - 02.jpg
Combat Carrie - 02.jpg (116.65 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Combat Carrie - 03.jpg
Combat Carrie - 03.jpg (125.06 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Combat Carrie - 04.jpg
Combat Carrie - 04.jpg (106 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Combat Carrie - 05.jpg
Combat Carrie - 05.jpg (175.24 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Combat Carrie - 06.jpg
Combat Carrie - 06.jpg (136.43 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Combat Carrie - 07.jpg
Combat Carrie - 07.jpg (82.07 KiB) Viewed 469 times

Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

Thanks for sharing your three Leia’s.
I’ve never seen a LL one before, and even to a non varient collector like me the different accessories are very noticeable.
Are the belt and weapon unique to LL for her as well?
And I assume that the COO is different on the actual figure?
I assume that these difficult/expensive to pick up?

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

Mini99 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:42 am
Thanks for sharing your three Leia’s.
I’ve never seen a LL one before, and even to a non varient collector like me the different accessories are very noticeable.
Are the belt and weapon unique to LL for her as well?
And I assume that the COO is different on the actual figure?
I assume that these difficult/expensive to pick up?
The Lili Ledy accessories are indeed unique to this variant. The helmet is a slightly darker shade of brown and also has slightly darker green paint. It's also, if memory serves, a very tight fit, at least on my example. The belt is a different shade of black, but I haven't done a side-by-side comparison on the sculpt to see if there are any differences there. I am told the Leia blaster is unique (the grey version obviously is, of course!), but my one does appear to be a V3 sculpt, albeit possibly in a slightly more matte finish than my other Leia blasters.

I will photograph the COO's later, time permitting, so everyone can see them, as off the top of my head I'm not sure of any differences. I do know my LL version has a fat head rather than a thin head.

As for difficulty and expense in picking them up, they aren't that hard to find on eBay if you're patient, albeit mint ones are of course less common, however as with all rarer variants, you should expect to pay a fair bit for a complete one. It's not burgundy cape Squid Head money, but it's certainly not beater Klaatu cash either :lol:

TheJabbaWookie
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by TheJabbaWookie »

Great info and pics Jeremy

Cazza
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Cazza »

Superb figures, Jeremy! 8)
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

TheJabbaWookie wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:43 pm
and a nice mint figure it is, thanks for sharing this beautiful figure with us :D

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Snaketibe wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:33 pm
Princess Leia Organa (in Combat Poncho). A long name for a good figure. As stated in the Yoda thread, this figure jointly holds the record for coming with the most accessories alongside Yoda and Squid Head, with four. That's actually very good value for a Star Wars figure, and what's even better, they're all relevant and sensible... even necessary! Unlike the frankly feeble Luke Skywalker (in Battle Poncho) - I'm not quite sure why Luke's poncho is good for battles, but Leia's is only suitable for combat, but I digress - Leia's helmet is removable, and she's all the better for it! The poncho itself and belt work well together too, and the gun is correct. Splendid stuff!

Like most figures, there are a few variants to be found with this one, with the main two seeming to be similar, but differing sculpts most easily distinguished by the width of her head... Or fat and thin head, if you prefer! The torso sculpts are also different to one another, but if she's wearing her poncho you won't be seeing much of that!

However, if you're after something a little more exotic, there's also the Lili Ledy variants. There's at least two of those to be found, and again they are similar, although one comes with a grey Leia blaster, whilst the other comes with a more familiar (but still incorrect for this character!) blue Leia blaster. The poncho is a very different shade of yellow / green on the Lili Ledy figures too (and I believe the two different Lili Ledy variants I've seen come with slightly different shades of yellow / green poncho to one another, albeit both are still very different to the Kenner versions). What many collectors might not know however is that the Lili Ledy poncho is not just a different shade, it also comes with no arm holes! Unlike the Kenner ponchos where you can slip Leia's arms through the holes like sleeves to have a better fit (and to allow her to have her poncho tucked into her belt yet still raise her arm to fire her blaster), the lili Ledy one has no such convenience. Instead, if you want her poncho neatly tucked into her belt, you're pretty much forced to display her with her arms by her sides, as she certainly won't be raising her blaster to shoot any stormtroopers any time soon! :lol:

Anyway, here are my three, including my Lili Ledy. Sorry, I forgot to take close-ups of the COO's with this figure, but to compensate I'm including some extra shots of the Ledy variant.

Combat Carrie - 01.jpg

Combat Carrie - 02.jpg

Combat Carrie - 03.jpg

Combat Carrie - 04.jpg

Combat Carrie - 05.jpg

Combat Carrie - 06.jpg

Combat Carrie - 07.jpg
Awesome collection of variants 8) Thanks for sharing them they look fantastic, love the lili ledy 8)

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

As threatened, here are the COO close-ups. Apologies for the late delivery / posting... Busy, busy, busy! :roll: :lol:

I have taken these new photos with the figures arranged in the same left to right order as shown in my other photos above. However, since the black on black can make it difficult to actually see the COO clearly on the middle Leia, I've also done a second pair of images, but this time subtly tweaked them in Photoshop to show the COO's more clearly... See if you can spot the difference! :lol:

Lastly, in answer to Nick's (@Mini99) question, the Lili Ledy Leia would appear to have a very similar COO to the regular 'fat head' Kenner version... at least according to my eyes, but then again, I wear glasses so what do I know? :lol:
Combat Leia - COO's - 01.jpg
Combat Leia - COO's - 01.jpg (100.14 KiB) Viewed 387 times
Combat Leia - COO's - 02.jpg
Combat Leia - COO's - 02.jpg (122.77 KiB) Viewed 387 times
Combat Leia - COO's - 01 - More Betta, Na'mi.jpg
Combat Leia - COO's - 01 - More Betta, Na'mi.jpg (87.56 KiB) Viewed 387 times
Combat Leia - COO's - 02 - More Betta, Na'mi.jpg
Combat Leia - COO's - 02 - More Betta, Na'mi.jpg (92.07 KiB) Viewed 387 times

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Snaketibe wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:52 pm
Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

As threatened, here are the COO close-ups. Apologies for the late delivery / posting... Busy, busy, busy! :roll: :lol:

I have taken these new photos with the figures arranged in the same left to right order as shown in my other photos above. However, since the black on black can make it difficult to actually see the COO clearly on the middle Leia, I've also done a second pair of images, but this time subtly tweaked them in Photoshop to show the COO's more clearly... See if you can spot the difference! :lol:

Lastly, in answer to Nick's (@Mini99) question, the Lili Ledy Leia would appear to have a very similar COO to the regular 'fat head' Kenner version... at least according to my eyes, but then again, I wear glasses so what do I know? :lol:

Combat Leia - COO's - 01.jpg

Combat Leia - COO's - 02.jpg

Combat Leia - COO's - 01 - More Betta, Na'mi.jpg

Combat Leia - COO's - 02 - More Betta, Na'mi.jpg
Thanks mate for the extra photos :wink:

Alisdairmac
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Alisdairmac »

Another great figure. I think the number of accessories make this one of the best.
Attachments
IMG_20200905_183113.jpg
IMG_20200905_183113.jpg (81.07 KiB) Viewed 253 times

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

Alisdairmac wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:32 pm
Another great figure. I think the number of accessories make this one of the best.
A lovely example, and I love Wicket handing Leia her helmet! :-)

Thanks for sharing!

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Alisdairmac wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:32 pm
Thanks mate for sharing this beauty, looking great with wicket :D