SWTOTW, Week 38, 2020 Luke Skywalker (Imperial Stormtrooper Outfit)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Luke Skywalker (Imperial Stormtrooper Outfit):

luke.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Luke Skywalker (Imperial Stormtrooper Outfit). I'd long-since stopped collecting and following new Star Wars figure releases back in 1985 when this gem was first released. As stated elsewhere, my collection had been sold to a friend and a (crap quality) BMX bought in its place. Well, we all learn the error of our ways eventually, and I did precisely that back in the early nineties when I found Sanweet's 'Star Wars: From Concept to Screen to Collectible' in a Southampton book shop. The golden Vader cover drew me in, I opened it, then had a massive nostalgia rush as I saw all my old toys before me in the pages! But that wasn't all, because I then saw a whole hell of a lot of toys and figures I never even knew existed, let alone had owned, and Luke Stormtrooper was one of them. His head might have been under-sized, and he might also have been a little tall for a Luke Stormtrooper, but the fact was I simply couldn't believe that Kenner had actually made one, and in what I regarded as the 'Return of the Jedi' figure line too!

Of course that book is almost single-handedly responsible for my collection existing today, so it will always have a special place in my affections, but so too does the Luke Stormtrooper figure, since it was the most memorable 'new' (to me) figure that I saw in those amazing pages.

There are some COO variants to be had with this figure, but there is also a hair colour variant. It comes in both light and dark coloured hair, but both shades are quite similar and it can be very hard to tell which one you're looking at from a photo of just one of them. And it is mostly for that reason that I still do not yet own the other variant. I think mine is the darker haired variant, and hence I am still searching for the lighter haired one, if anyone is able to help! :). I do have some invaluable info on the COO differences between them thanks to the brilliant Bonsai_Tree_Ent (my thanks once again, Sir), however as far as eBay auctions go, that still relies on having clear close-up photos of the COOs :-(

Anyway, if you can help me locate a mint light-haired one (I don't need the helmet or gun, but will buy a complete one if that's how it's being sold) or two being sold together as a variant pair with one light and one dark haired, please let me know. In the meantime, here is my loose one plus a POTF MOC:

Pin Head Luke - 01.jpg

Pin Head Luke - 02.jpg

Pin Head Luke - 03.jpg

Pin Head Luke - 04.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Luke Skywalker (Imperial Stormtrooper Outfit). I'd long-since stopped collecting and following new Star Wars figure releases back in 1985 when this gem was first released. As stated elsewhere, my collection had been sold to a friend and a (crap quality) BMX bought in its place. Well, we all learn the error of our ways eventually, and I did precisely that back in the early nineties when I found Sanweet's 'Star Wars: From Concept to Screen to Collectible' in a Southampton book shop. The golden Vader cover drew me in, I opened it, then had a massive nostalgia rush as I saw all my old toys before me in the pages! But that wasn't all, because I then saw a whole hell of a lot of toys and figures I never even knew existed, let alone had owned, and Luke Stormtrooper was one of them. His head might have been under-sized, and he might also have been a little tall for a Luke Stormtrooper, but the fact was I simply couldn't believe that Kenner had actually made one, and in what I regarded as the 'Return of the Jedi' figure line too!

Of course that book is almost single-handedly responsible for my collection existing today, so it will always have a special place in my affections, but so too does the Luke Stormtrooper figure, since it was the most memorable 'new' (to me) figure that I saw in those amazing pages.

There are some COO variants to be had with this figure, but there is also a hair colour variant. It comes in both light and dark coloured hair, but both shades are quite similar and it can be very hard to tell which one you're looking at from a photo of just one of them. And it is mostly for that reason that I still do not yet own the other variant. I think mine is the darker haired variant, and hence I am still searching for the lighter haired one, if anyone is able to help! :). I do have some invaluable info on the COO differences between them thanks to the brilliant Bonsai_Tree_Ent (my thanks once again, Sir), however as far as eBay auctions go, that still relies on having clear close-up photos of the COOs :-(

Anyway, if you can help me locate a mint light-haired one (I don't need the helmet or gun, but will buy a complete one if that's how it's being sold) or two being sold together as a variant pair with one light and one dark haired, please let me know. In the meantime, here is my loose one plus a POTF MOC:

Pin Head Luke - 01.jpg

Pin Head Luke - 02.jpg

Pin Head Luke - 03.jpg

Pin Head Luke - 04.jpg

His head might have been under-sized, and he might also have been a little tall for a Luke Stormtrooper :lol: Great that you learned for the mistake and got back into collecting :D Thanks for sharing this nice mint luke stormie and that beautiful moc 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
here's my trilogo Luke Stormtrooper:

luke-stormtrooper.jpg

Great to see your tri-logo moc edd, it looks fantastic 8) thanks for sharing it. Can you see if the blaster is blue/black or all black ? :D

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Great to see your tri-logo moc edd, it looks fantastic 8) thanks for sharing it. Can you see if the blaster is blue/black or all black ? :D

It is hard to tell inside the bubble, but from the colour alone I think blue/black as there seems to be a blue tinge on some of the edges:

blaster.jpg

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Like Jeremy said it's cool they made a Luke Stormtrooper but it's a shame that like most of the beefed up Last 17 sculpts its a bit crap. Here's mine anyway

Attachments

• 8ABA2117-5B6C-4C69-8881-BF5318DAE216.jpeg
    8ABA2117-5B6C-4C69-8881-BF5318DAE216.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 916

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
This is my only surviving POTF MOC that I have left in my collection (although it will be for sale very soon if anyone is interested) along with my loose example.
Sorry cheeky sales pitch. :wink:
Snaketibe I wasn't aware that there were different hair colours on this one, thanks for the information. :D

Attachments

• 1EA20B3F-FD95-4740-9A86-1AD04B7D2854.jpeg
    1EA20B3F-FD95-4740-9A86-1AD04B7D2854.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 909
  • AB2B3D8A-29C5-46DD-9686-F5EE8B68E5E6.jpeg
    AB2B3D8A-29C5-46DD-9686-F5EE8B68E5E6.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 913

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Like Jeremy said it's cool they made a Luke Stormtrooper but it's a shame that like most of the beefed up Last 17 sculpts its a bit crap. Here's mine anyway

It's a lovely example, Jay! Thanks for sharing it :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
This is my only surviving POTF MOC that I have left in my collection (although it will be for sale very soon if anyone is interested) along with my loose example.
@Snaketibe I wasn't aware that there were different hair colours on this one, thanks for the information. :D

Two terrific Lukes there, Nick! Thanks for sharing them and best of luck with the sales :)

Since you're going to part with them, can I scrounge a photo of the loose one's COO? :-D Looking at yours, I *think* it's the same variant as mine, but as stated above, it's so damned hard to be sure without a nice clear COO shot! If by some miracle it is the light-haired variant, obviously I am very interested in buying it! :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:
@Snaketibe I wasn't aware that there were different hair colours on this one, thanks for the information. :D

Two terrific Lukes there, Nick! Thanks for sharing them and best of luck with the sales :)

Since you're going to part with them, can I scrounge a photo of the loose one's COO? :-D Looking at yours, I *think* it's the same variant as mine, but as stated above, it's so damned hard to be sure without a nice clear COO shot! If by some miracle it is the light-haired variant, obviously I am very interested in buying it! :lol:
Hi Jeremy,
I'll add a picture of the COO later, but just to be clear the loose figure is not going to be sold, only the MOC.
I can see how what I wrote can be read in two different ways... :oops:
So fingers crossed that "it's not the one that your looking for"... :roll: :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Pomse2001 said:

It is hard to tell inside the bubble, but from the colour alone I think blue/black as there seems to be a blue tinge on some of the edges:

blaster.jpg

I think the black blaster is normal on the potf cards and very rare on tri-logo, all tri logo I have seen so far has the blue/black. But I have heard they can also be found with a black blaster. Thanks edd for the very good picture it also looks blue/black to me :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:

You do not sound very happy with last 17 :lol: But thanks for sharing this beautiful luke stormie figure, he looks mint 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:

Wow nice moc also a nice figure that you have. Yes there are 2 different hair colours. But they are nearly impossible to see on a picture. You have to have them in your hand and compare them against each other before you can see the difference :wink:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:

Hi Jeremy,
I'll add a picture of the COO later, but just to be clear the loose figure is not going to be sold, only the MOC.
So fingers crossed that "it's not the one that your looking for"... :roll: :wink:

Thanks, Nick :lol:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

You do not sound very happy with last 17 :lol: But thanks for sharing this beautiful luke stormie figure, he looks mint 8)
I do like some of them. Just not the beefcake 'POTF2' style sculpts... so Barada, Han Carbonite, and Luke Stormtrooper and Imperial Gunner could of been so much better as they are such iconic figures.

I like Lando General, EV-9D9 (despite its obvious design flaws), R2 pop up, Warok and Paploo (though far too many Ewoks generally).

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:
Snaketibe said:

Hi Jeremy,

Is this good enough?

Attachments

• A10CA007-8F56-4CE9-8B26-45BDDD091B47.jpeg
    A10CA007-8F56-4CE9-8B26-45BDDD091B47.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 543

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Pomse2001 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

I do like some of them. Just not the beefcake 'POTF2' style sculpts... so Barada, Han Carbonite, and Luke Stormtrooper and Imperial Gunner could of been so much better as they are such iconic figures.

I like Lando General, EV-9D9 (despite its obvious design flaws), R2 pop up, Warok and Paploo (though far too many Ewoks generally).

I am glad that you like the ewoks, we have some on the forum that just hate ewoks :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:
Hi Jeremy,

Is this good enough?

Thanks, Nick. It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but is the 'C' of copyright effectively circular with a gap in it to make it into a 'C', or is it more oval in shape, being tall and narrow?... Sorry of that makes you dig the figure out to check once again! :oops:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom