SWTOTW, Week 41, 2020 Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Set

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Set:

hoth.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
The 'Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Set'... adventure my ass! This is Kenner cheaping out and blatantly recycling the Land of the Jawas playset and hoping they could flog the same toy again to kids who were really wanting an AT-AT (which hadn't been released yet at that point). If the LOTJ hadn't already been released, this could have been an OK toy, but the knowledge that it's the most flagrant double-selling in the whole world rather tarnishes this playset in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, it's good to own one, but let's be honest here... it's not a good toy.

Anyway, here's mine:

Land of the Recycled - 01.jpg

Land of the Recycled - 02.jpg

Land of the Recycled - 03.jpg

Land of the Recycled - 04.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
The 'Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Set'... adventure my ass! This is Kenner cheaping out and blatantly recycling the Land of the Jawas playset and hoping they could flog the same toy again to kids who were really wanting an AT-AT (which hadn't been released yet at that point). If the LOTJ hadn't already been released, this could have been an OK toy, but the knowledge that it's the most flagrant double-selling in the whole world rather tarnishes this playset in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, it's good to own one, but let's be honest here... it's not a good toy.

Anyway, here's mine:

Land of the Recycled - 01.jpg

Land of the Recycled - 02.jpg

Land of the Recycled - 03.jpg

Land of the Recycled - 04.jpg

adventure my ass :lol: I think your playset looks great, but I don't think many kids would like this set :wink: Thanks for sharing it :D

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Excellent description, Jeremy. I always enjoy the hints you put in your file names as to what you think of the toy.

Anyway, here's my signature table shot of this set.
sw_hoth_ice_planet_action_playset_esb_kenner 004.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Capetown said:
Excellent description, Jeremy. I always enjoy the hints you put in your file names as to what you think of the toy.

Anyway, here's my signature table shot of this set.sw_hoth_ice_planet_action_playset_esb_kenner 004.jpg

Beautiful, as always Emiel! A stunning example.

Thanks for sharing (and for noticing my file names ;-))

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Here are my set :D

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Excellent stuff Lars! You even have the inner packaging :)

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks mate for the kind words, yes I have the insert but the box could be better. The box you have looks a lot better than mine :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Capetown said:

Anyway, here's my signature table shot of this set.sw_hoth_ice_planet_action_playset_esb_kenner 004.jpg

Fantastic set that you have. Do you know if the esb kenner box was the only box that was made for this set or is there also other box variants ? :D

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Capetown said:

Fantastic set that you have. Do you know if the esb kenner box was the only box that was made for this set or is there also other box variants ? :D

Not sure, maybe a Canadian version?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Capetown said:
Pomse2001 said:
Capetown said:

Not sure, maybe a Canadian version?

ok thanks :D so there is not a palitoy or meccano ? :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom