SWTOTW, Week 42, 2020 Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise):

01.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise). This is a great figure of a great character. I always felt Lando got a slightly bum deal in Return of the Jedi (although that pales in comparison to how he was treated in the sequels, but I digress), side-lined as he was in the Falcon attacking Death Star II with a character that couldn't even speak English in Nien Nunb, rather than heroically defeating stormtroopers alongside some teddy bears, or cutting off Darth Vader's hand... But perhaps it's just me?

Regardless of how the character was utilised, this is a really solid figure. A good likeness of Billy Dee Williams, a decent weapon and a removable helmet! What more could a young boy ask from a 4" figure?

Lando can be found in a variety of skin tones, both on his hands and face (and not always matching either). He also has some interesting Lili Ledy variants, but alas I must rely on others to share photos of those, as sadly I do not yet own any.

I do however own these three:

TFA TLJ MIA - 01.jpg

TFA TLJ MIA - 02.jpg

TFA TLJ MIA - 03.jpg

TFA TLJ MIA - 04.jpg

TFA TLJ MIA - 05.jpg

TFA TLJ MIA - 06.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise). This is a great figure of a great character. I always felt Lando got a slightly bum deal in Return of the Jedi (although that pales in comparison to how he was treated in the sequels, but I digress), side-lined as he was in the Falcon attacking Death Star II with a character that couldn't even speak English in Nien Nunb, rather than heroically defeating stormtroopers alongside some teddy bears, or cutting off Darth Vader's hand... But perhaps it's just me?

Regardless of how the character was utilised, this is a really solid figure. A good likeness of Billy Dee Williams, a decent weapon and a removable helmet! What more could a young boy ask from a 4" figure?

Lando can be found in a variety of skin tones, both on his hands and face (and not always matching either). He also has some interesting Lili Ledy variants, but alas I must rely on others to share photos of those, as sadly I do not yet own any.

I do however own these three:

TFA TLJ MIA - 01.jpg

TFA TLJ MIA - 02.jpg

TFA TLJ MIA - 03.jpg

TFA TLJ MIA - 04.jpg

TFA TLJ MIA - 05.jpg

TFA TLJ MIA - 06.jpg

I love your little lando army :D thanks for sharing it :D I also think it is a great figure, love the helmet and weapon for him. I think lando did a great job in rotj but I missed him in episode 7 and 8 not that I think episode 7, 8 and 9 was great. But episode 7 and 8 would maybe have been a little bit better if lando had been in those movies :D

I hope you get some more variants and a lili ledy. I had a lili ledy in my collection withour knowing it :lol: When I began to collect variant then I began to check the figures I had and my lando skiff was a lili ledy to my big surprise :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Love this figure, remember losing his helmet at a friends house in the garden in the late 80's and spending all afternoon looking for it. Never found it and ended up replacing it in the 00's on eBay.

Here are my examples, Kenner 65a and my childhood figure except the helmet!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Love this figure, remember losing his helmet at a friends house in the garden in the late 80's and spending all afternoon looking for it. Never found it and ended up replacing it in the 00's on eBay.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Great MOC and well done for still having (most of) your childhood figure :-D. You've done better than me as I kept none of my childhood collection :oops:

Thanks for sharing yours :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow nice moc and your childhood figure also looks great even with a new helmet :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Great examples guys. Here's mine. Imagine he'll be one I'll start picking up variations of some day soon. Just finished Kenner Lando Bespin run :D

That is a nice mint lando figure, thanks for sharing it and it sounds like a good run you can do with that figure :wink: Cool that you have just finished your lando bespin run 8)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Great examples guys. Here's mine. Imagine he'll be one I'll start picking up variations of some day soon. Just finished Kenner Lando Bespin run :D

Very nice figure, and also a great photo of it too.

Thanks for sharing :)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Realised I have my childhood card back for Lando Skiff as well. Still has my local toy shop price sticker which I neatly moved years ago.

image.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Realised I have my childhood card back for Lando Skiff as well. Still has my local toy shop price sticker which I neatly moved years ago.

image.jpg

Awesome that you still have childhood cardbacks 8) thanks for sharing it :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
theforceuk said:

image.jpg

Awesome that you still have childhood cardbacks 8) thanks for sharing it :D

Thanks Lars, I am very lucky to have most of my childhood collection.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Here's a quick update, since I now have 4 different Smile variants and a Lili Ledy variant (on the right-hand end. The Ledy helmet is in the way! :) ). Thanks.

Jeremy

Ledy Lando Skiff Guard - 01a.jpg

Ledy Lando Skiff Guard - 02a.jpg

Ledy Lando Skiff Guard - 03a.jpg

Ledy Lando Skiff Guard - 04a.jpg

Ledy Lando Skiff Guard - 05a.jpg

Ledy Lando Skiff Guard - 06a.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom