Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 45, 2020

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear):

hoth.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Before I show you mine (ooh er, missus!), I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank Lars for all the incredibly hard work he's put in devising and maintaining the 'Toy of the Week' threads over the years (and it has been years!). As should be obvious, I have been a big fan of them from day 1, and I have enjoyed contributing to them immensely, just as I have enjoyed seeing other members' examples of the toys each week. It really has been a monumental undertaking from Lars and I hope I speak for all of us on the forum when I say a huge THANK YOU :-D

OK, the Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear). So many of us seem to refer to this figure as the Snowtrooper that if you've never seen a MOC of it, it can come as something of a surprise that that isn't its name on the card! :-D One of the first wave of 10 figures released for The Empire Strikes Back, this was a terrific addition to any young boy's Star Wars figure collection! OK, the rifle made no sense whatsoever, but the half-height cloak (aka 'kama') was a novelty we hadn't seen before, as was the method of fixing it to the figure via the pair of plastic hooks on his belt! A true army builder figure, you could never have enough of these Imperials to attack your Rebel friends as they defended the Turret and Probot playset, or to populate your Imperial Attack Base if that was your preference :-D

There are some variants to be found on this figure, the most famous of which today is probably the YPS version which comes with an even more innaccurate gun (as well as a kama with round holes in it instead of slits)! I have the kama, but don't have a YPS rifle myself as quite frankly it's never really appealed to me, but it's a variant some collectors like to track down nevertheless.

The variants I do have all look pretty similar. Apart from the variation in width of leg stance, the most obvious difference is the shape of the belt buckle.

Anyway, here are mine:

That's No Trooper - 01.jpg

That's No Trooper - 02.jpg

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Cheers Lars for all of your hard work, I really enjoyed the toy of the week 😎👍

Here's mine 😉

20201108_213540.jpg

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I'd like to echo Jeremy's sentiments- these threads are great and are helping to build an amazing library resource. Thanks to you too, Jeremy- your contributions to these threads are superb 8)

Onto the Hoth Stormtrooper, or Snowtrooper as I have always called it. One of my fav figures, for sure! Lovely examples so far guys- nice and crisp. Here's my Palitoy 41-bk MOC, my minty loose display figure, my Turret Probot scene and last and best, my two childhood Snowtroopers.

20201108_214900.jpg

20201108_214959.jpg

20201108_215817.jpg

20201108_215805.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
I'd like to echo Jeremy's sentiments- these threads are great and are helping to build an amazing library resource. Thanks to you too, Jeremy- your contributions to these threads are superb 8)

Onto the Hoth Stormtrooper, or Snowtrooper as I have always called it. One of my fav figures, for sure! Lovely examples so far guys- nice and crisp. Here's my Palitoy 41-bk MOC, my minty loose display figure, my Turret Probot scene and last and best, my two childhood Snowtroopers.

20201108_214900.jpg

20201108_214959.jpg

20201108_215817.jpg

20201108_215805.jpg

Thanks for that, Andy.

As for your collection, it looks brilliant. I'm loving the 41-back, your loose one looks mint, and it's always wonderful to see a populated playset! :-D And having your childhood figures as well is the icing on the cake!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Another great figure, just loved him as a kid, still have my childhood one although I got him so young and lost the cape pretty much instantly so don't remember having the cape ever! Here's my Kenner 31a. One of my favourite MOC.

image.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yes, many thanks Pomse2001 for this tread, its been fun seeing what members have in their collections.
And of course a big thanks to Snaketibe for sharing his enormous collection of varients over the years.

Some great examples here guys. Cazza that looks like a nice loose figure display case.

Right Imperial Hoth Snowtrooper, I have a few of these as this is one of my favourites.
4AD87464-8C74-4D4F-AEF0-CF15E9F121B9.jpeg

E7B18335-0738-4418-88E3-2E781B12C3CD.jpeg

4E5D8806-F040-4ED7-A122-7AAE591A8F81.jpeg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Another great figure, just loved him as a kid, still have my childhood one although I got him so young and lost the cape pretty much instantly so don't remember having the cape ever! Here's my Kenner 31a. One of my favourite MOC.

image.jpg

Another great example! We're seeing some excellent posts in this thread.

Thanks for sharing yours :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Yes, many thanks @Pomse2001 for this tread, its been fun seeing what members have in their collections.
And of course a big thanks to @Snaketibe for sharing his enormous collection of varients over the years.

Some great examples here guys. @Cazza that looks like a nice loose figure display case.

Right Imperial Hoth Snowtrooper, I have a few of these as this is one of my favourites.

Thanks Nick.

Those are three beautiful examples of yours! Your TL bubble looks perfect and the Kenner is lovely.

Thanks for sharing :)

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Ruby2511 said:

Here's mine 😉

20201108_213540.jpg

A great example! It looks brand new.

Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks 😀 he is a nice example, got from my mate Martin, he's got lots of goodies at the moment 🤩🤩

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Before I show you mine (ooh er, missus!), I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank Lars for all the incredibly hard work he's put in devising and maintaining the 'Toy of the Week' threads over the years (and it has been years!). As should be obvious, I have been a big fan of them from day 1, and I have enjoyed contributing to them immensely, just as I have enjoyed seeing other members' examples of the toys each week. It really has been a monumental undertaking from Lars and I hope I speak for all of us on the forum when I say a huge THANK YOU :-D

OK, the Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear). So many of us seem to refer to this figure as the Snowtrooper that if you've never seen a MOC of it, it can come as something of a surprise that that isn't its name on the card! :-D One of the first wave of 10 figures released for The Empire Strikes Back, this was a terrific addition to any young boy's Star Wars figure collection! OK, the rifle made no sense whatsoever, but the half-height cloak (aka 'kama') was a novelty we hadn't seen before, as was the method of fixing it to the figure via the pair of plastic hooks on his belt! A true army builder figure, you could never have enough of these Imperials to attack your Rebel friends as they defended the Turret and Probot playset, or to populate your Imperial Attack Base if that was your preference :-D

There are some variants to be found on this figure, the most famous of which today is probably the YPS version which comes with an even more innaccurate gun (as well as a kama with round holes in it instead of slits)! I have the kama, but don't have a YPS rifle myself as quite frankly it's never really appealed to me, but it's a variant some collectors like to track down nevertheless.

The variants I do have all look pretty similar. Apart from the variation in width of leg stance, the most obvious difference is the shape of the belt buckle.

Anyway, here are mine:

Thanks mate for the very kind words and for sharing your items in the threads nearly every week :D So what do we do now when we do not have toy of the week anymore ? :lol:

and thanks for all the great info and for sharing your hoth stormie army of variants, I really love this figure 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:

Here's mine 😉

20201108_213540.jpg

Thanks mate for sharing this mint figure, it looks fantastic, I am glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the support :D

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Shame it's the last one, I always look forward to these even if I don't comment. Thanks for doing them and thanks to those that contribute.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Cazza said:

First thanks for all the kinds words and it makes me happy that you love the threads :D Thanks for also sharing your items in the threads.

Wow I really love that palitoy moc and that army of troopers, thanks for sharing them :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:

image.jpg

Thanks mate for sharing that beautiful moc 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Yes, many thanks @Pomse2001 for this tread, its been fun seeing what members have in their collections.
And of course a big thanks to @Snaketibe for sharing his enormous collection of varients over the years.

Some great examples here guys. @Cazza that looks like a nice loose figure display case.

Wow thanks for sharing this moc, they look awesome, tri-logo is always my favorite 8) and thanks for the kind words and all the support in this threads :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom