FS ESB MOCS

boba76

Padawan
I have removed this advertisment due to the type of messages that get posted. I based my prices on the actual quality of the mocs and current /previous eBay sales. FYI have plenty of palitoys yes. Goodluck guys

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I don't get this at all. It's a sellers prerogative to ask what they want, unreasonable or not.

On this forum, open discussion is allowed, so if a member thinks a price is out they are entitled to question.

At the end of the day, if you are asking £x for a graded moc and someone thinks it's worth it and wants it they are going to buy it irregardless of wether there are comments posted or not.

No one is trying to hound out sellers. A lot of these guys posting comments are the guys who buy so they are feeding the economy. We get some nice items on here for sale but it is a community, and not Facebook or eBay so if you want top dollar, perhaps best to go there.

I must say Bram, and I'm not digging you out here, not long ago you were brokering a collection and had some eye watering prices on some Rotj graded Mocs, so I am surprised at your comments.

I think sometimes sellers need thicker skin. If you are asking top money for an item expect a few raised eyebrows. If it's as good as you think and worth what you think it will sell.

boba76

Padawan
I have no issues with people debating prices if they so wish. Personally I would just move on and let them get on with it. If the prices are to high they won't sell simple. I do think it's uncalled for however to tell another memeber to "**** off " due to disagreeing with a listed price.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
boba76 said:
I do think it's uncalled for however to tell another memeber to "**** off " due to disagreeing with a listed price.

Didn't see that bit. You are 100% right. No one should put up with that over this. It's basic manners and politeness that have failed there.

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
Damn, I missed all the fuss again. Same thing happened last week with the Dewback for sale that had turned into a picture of a turd by the time I saw it.

lejackal

Grand Master
As amusing as some of this is it really does impede on our ability to convince people this is a good place to sell, whatever price they want to charge. I imagine if there are less for sale threads there will be less traffic leading to less for sale to less traffic and repeat.

I love this forum as a place to chat utter bollocks, have a laugh, learn more about the hobby and pick items up at fair prices. If too many are listed at high prices it will also (a) put people off and (b) reinforce the belief that everything with a Star Wars logo or graded is worth shed loads but far more damage will be done by out and out leveling of peoples F/S threads.

Just my opinion.

And just before anyone goes digging for dirt I probably have been somewhat crass on certain threads but to my knowledge not anybodys f/s thread although I am prepared to be proved wrong

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mr-shifter said:
boba76 said:
I do think it's uncalled for however to tell another memeber to "**** off " due to disagreeing with a listed price.

Didn't see that bit. You are 100% right. No one should put up with that over this. It's basic manners and politeness that have failed there.

X2!

If you think someone's prices are too high,then all you have to say is "nice items mate but your prices are a bit too high,would you be open to offers?,if not then you'd be better off on eBay or Facebook!"

No need to abuse people as it'll put people off from selling on here,unless they're blatant flippers/scalpers! :D

benny100

Sith Lord
DarthStanley said:
Mr-shifter said:
boba76 said:

X2!

If you think someone's prices are too high,then all you have to say is "nice items mate but your prices are a bit too high,would you be open to offers?,if not then you'd be better off on eBay or Facebook!"

No need to abuse people as it'll put people off from selling on here,unless they're blatant flippers/scalpers! :D

Exactly

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Jesus Christ!!

I asked an honest question and this is what happens... i do t know what has happened in the past but I won't ask questions again.

Just a simple response of no they are in ££s would have sufficed!

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
I don't get this at all. It's a sellers prerogative to ask what they want, unreasonable or not.

On this forum, open discussion is allowed, so if a member thinks a price is out they are entitled to question.

At the end of the day, if you are asking £x for a graded moc and someone thinks it's worth it and wants it they are going to buy it irregardless of wether there are comments posted or not.

No one is trying to hound out sellers. A lot of these guys posting comments are the guys who buy so they are feeding the economy. We get some nice items on here for sale but it is a community, and not Facebook or eBay so if you want top dollar, perhaps best to go there.

I must say Bram, and I'm not digging you out here, not long ago you were brokering a collection and had some eye watering prices on some Rotj graded Mocs, so I am surprised at your comments.

I think sometimes sellers need thicker skin. If you are asking top money for an item expect a few raised eyebrows. If it's as good as you think and worth what you think it will sell.

It's wasn't comments, it was one question and I did put it my question it was an honest one as if it was in $$ I would e been interested.

In response, the collection I was brokering was at eye watering costs because I had no control over the pricing as he had paid too much. I indicated that in my sales thread and I spoke to a lot of people about it.

No-one complained about all the other items that were sold on this forum, it's no wonder I don't post or get involved as much now.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Bramistuta25 said:
Mr-shifter said:

It's wasn't comments, it was one question and I did put it my question it was an honest one as if it was in $$ I would e been interested.

In response, the collection I was brokering was at eye watering costs because I had no control over the pricing as he had paid too much. I indicated that in my sales thread and I spoke to a lot of people about it.

No-one complained about all the other items that were sold on this forum, it's no wonder I don't post or get involved as much now.

Mrshifter, that was a little naughty bud.

Any collections brokered are listed higher, and to bring that up against Bram was a bit out of order. Lets not forget he explained all at the time, and a lot of items still sold. Damn, with prices lately maybe they would have gone straight away. Tom Derby etc do exactly the same thing, and prices are often higher.

Back to this thread though, yes prices were rich but he is entitled to list them for whatever, and no one is holding a gun to anyones head.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom