Palitoy Death Star

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
For Sale:

Palitoy Death Star - £950 ono + postage and any PayPal fees.

Postage will be at cost, however I refuse to use an 'economy' carrier like Hermes. My preferred carrier is Parcel Force, however I am happy to discuss other options with the buyer.

The toy and its Palitoy box will be carefully packed inside a large mailing box with lots of padding between it and the mailing box's outer edges on all 6 sides. That mailing box will then in turn be packed inside a second, larger mailing box (which will itself be a brand new, very large double-walled cardboard box, which will be custom reinforced if necessary), with several inches of padding on all 6 sides between the inner mailing box and the outer edges of the outer mailing box.

Inside the Palitoy Death Star box itself, I will ensure that nothing can move around, deform or puncture the box. The Death Star toy pieces will be individually wrapped in bubble wrap, and the plastic parts and pieces will be carefully protected inside a separate smaller sturdy box contained within the main outer mailing box (but again, several inches away from its outer edge). No sellotape will come anywhere near the Palitoy box.

I will not compromise on packaging or protection for this item, as I want it to arrive in the same condition it leaves me. In short, I will pack it as I would wish to receive it.

Item Description:

The Palitoy box itself is a beauty, with very few rubs, knocks, scratches or other defects. Please see the pictures below and also read on for my own nit-picks on the condition:

PDS - 01.jpg

PDS - 02.jpg

PDS - 03.jpg

PDS - 04.jpg

There is a gold Belgian toy shop sticker on one end of the box (see above), and there is also a very short tear / rip in the box on the other end (see above photo - the opposite end to the Palitoy logo near the short outer box edge).

There are also some tiny (as in pin-prick sized) raised brown spots on the bottom left corner of the box front over the kid's jumper cuff, and more at the bottom right of the rear of the box. I'm not sure what they are, but careful scraping with a fingernail seems to remove most of whatever it is. Also, at the bottom left of the front, something has slightly splashed it at some point leaving a few faint marks. The box has also been wiped clean at some point as angling it in the light reveals slight wipe marks (these are virtually invisible when viewing the box from the front, and almost impossible to photograph). None of these are very obvious, but I have to mention them for completeness:

PDS - 05.jpg

PDS - 06.jpg

PDS - 07.jpg

PDS - 08.jpg

The toy itself is in very good condition overall with just a few rubs and marks here and there, with the worst rubs being on the non-moving vertical trash compactor wall (see below). I will however once again try to detail any other issues, good or bad:

PDS - 09.jpg

PDS - 10.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
PDS - 11.jpg

PDS - 12.jpg

PDS - 13.jpg

PDS - 14.jpg

The moving trash compactor wall has its folding tabs still nicely attached:

PDS - 15.jpg

And the trash compactor door is also still attached. There are some marks on the non-compactor side of the door (see below), a small brown mark on the underside of the bridge, and another mark on the floor outside the trash compactor door. Some or all of these might clean off, but I have not tried:

PDS - 16.jpg

PDS - 17.jpg

PDS - 18.jpg

PDS - 19.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
The folding piece which forms both an upper level floor and a base support has a pair of litho tears on one side, but not the other (the cardboard itself appears to be fine), plus there is a small impact mark where something small has struck it hard at some point:

PDS - 20.jpg

PDS - 21.jpg

PDS - 22.jpg

One upper floor piece has a slightly bent tab. This does not affect the assembly of the toy:

PDS - 23.jpg

PDS - 24.jpg

The upper ring has a little wear and a couple of minor creases on the reverse side:

PDS - 25.jpg

PDS - 26.jpg

The dome cover has yellowed (haven't they all?!), but far less so than many I have seen, and the black top seat has a slight stress / pinch mark next to where one of the X-Wing guns attach, but it hasn't actually punctured it as far as I can tell:

PDS - 27.jpg

PDS - 28.jpg

And that's it! Overall this is a great example of this toy in an unusually good condition box. It would make a terrific addition to any collection.

I have even more photos available on request, and if you have any queries regarding this, please drop me a PM :)

Thanks.

Jeremy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom