Archived PLEASE ARCHIVE - SOLD - Loose Palitoy Death Star & Tri-Logo Ewok Village playset in C9 condition box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
For sale - Tri-Logo Ewok Village playset in C9 condition box - £795

I have owned this playset since the 1990's, and it has been very well looked after by me, keeping it out of sunlight in a non-smoking, pet-free home. It is complete with the instructions, but the inner packaging is missing. The box is in terrific condition. The colours are vibrant and the box integrity is excellent. It is also very clean. One end of it is still factory sealed, and all inner flaps are present, whole and undamaged. There are some small marks, scratches, abrasions and blemishes, etc. on all 6 sides of the box, but few if any that really detract from the overall condition. I cannot claim it is C10 or even C9.5, but my own honest assessment of the box condition is C9. I know these things are subjective, but I would seriously disagree with anyone claiming it was less than C8.5! You will be hard-pressed to find a better condition example for sale.

I am happy to send higher resolution photos of the ones below, and also close-up photos of all box blemishes, marks, scratches etc. to anyone interested in the set. Please ask if you would like this.

All the playset parts are present, however some of the plastic pieces have slight white stress marks (see photos). The medium-sized tree has damaged slots (see photos), however I have a replacement medium tree with undamaged slots which I will include with the set (not shown in the photos, but included in the sale). The open slot on the large tree also has very minor damage (see photos).

The playset will be packed extremely well. Most of the playset parts have been individually wrapped and placed inside two smaller, sturdy cardboard boxes, which have in turn been placed inside a new, clean black bin bag, and then placed inside the Ewok Village box itself to avoid any possibility of puncture damage during transit. The Ewok Village box has then been wrapped in acid-free tissue paper and carefully bubble-wrapped. It has then been placed inside a very large, very strong double-walled box with padding on all 6 sides of the Ewok Village box. The Ewok Village instructions have been placed in a new plastic wallet and then inside a card envelope. The only playset part not to be packed with the others is the large platform that sits between the three trees in the assembled playset. This platform, along with the card envelope containing the instructions, I have bubble-wrapped and laid flat against the top of the bubble-wrapped Ewok Village box inside the very large, very sturdy double-walled packing box, with more padding on top of it. That very large, very sturdy double-walled box has then been placed inside an even larger, very strong double-walled box, with padding on all 6 sides of the box.

I always pack items as I would like to receive them :)

Postage within the UK will be by Parcel Force Express 24 to minimise the length of time the playset is in transit, and will cost £21.12.

Payment is by PayPal (Friends and Family, or add 4% to the total cost).

NOTE - I don't do Facebook, but that seems to be where lots of sales increasingly take place. I asked a friend to post some pictures of this set on a Facebook group and ask for valuations. Several people very kindly did offer their (I do not doubt) sincere and honest opinions on its value, and those valuations ranged from £250 - £400. However, very recently this nice Bi-Logo example (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-...83-complete-boxed-original-mint-/174628782892), which is a more common and less valuable playset than the Tri-Logo version (and which was also not in as good condition as my Tri-Logo example), sold on eBay for £511, with the top three bidders (all different bidders) placing bids from £486.66 and up). Additionally, another boxed Tri-Logo Ewok Village recently sold on eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-...ginal-TRILOGO-TRI-LOGO-Box-ROTJ-/274693188979). It was up for sale at £499 or best offer, and actually sold for £420 (I know, because I asked the seller, who very kindly told me), which obviously is more than the highest valuation I obtained on Facebook, despite it being in a vastly inferior condition box to mine, being as it was C6 at best. I sent photos of my own set to the seller of that auction and asked if he would be willing to offer his opinion on its value, and he said he wouldn't let it go for less than £1,000. I was therefore forced to conclude that the Facebook valuations were well-meant, but unrealistically low given the very recent actual eBay sales above.

I wanted to be open about the above as it is the reason why I have priced mine at the level that I have. I would like to offer it for sale here on SWFUK first, but if it doesn't sell, I will list it on eBay at a price closer to the £1,000 valuation.

Thank you and good luck!

TL EW - 01.jpg

TL EW - 02.jpg

TL EW - 03.jpg

TL EW - 04.jpg

TL EW - 05.jpg

TL EW - 06.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Lovely looking Tri Logo Ewok Village.😀
Good luck with the sale.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Added 02/05/21 - For sale - Loose Palitoy Death Star - £495 - SOLD

Star Wars Palitoy Death Star Playset - All Original Parts - No Repro

This is a vintage Palitoy Star Wars Death Star playset in good condition. It is loose with no box, but is complete apart from the mirrored base stickers, and the action figure stands which are missing. The instruction sheet is also missing, but a photocopy of an original Palitoy instruction sheet can be included for free if the buyer wishes it. All other parts and pieces are present and are vintage originals, including the elusive canopy, gunner seat, 2 guns, trash compactor chute and 10 base clips.

There is some playwear to most of the cardboard pieces, with some scratches and marks, and there have also been some glue and tape repairs to some pieces, including the top cardboard ring. However, the trash compactor moving wall piece is complete with all tabs still attached and has not been repaired. Even better, the trash compactor door is still attached and works, and has also not been repaired (see photos). The gunner seat does have minor damage where the guns have been inserted and removed over time, but this is not very noticeable once the playset is assembled, and the guns can still be inserted into it correctly.

Overall, this is a good loose example of this playset.

The playset will be packed extremely well and postage within the UK will be by Parcel Force Express 48 and will cost £13.14.

Payment is by PayPal (Friends and Family, or add 4% to the total cost).

NOTE - this will be listed on eBay before close of play tomorrow (Bank Holiday Monday 03/05/21) for a higher price, but I am giving a chance to early bird SWFUK members to have first dibs on it.

Thank you and good luck!

01 - Palitoy Death Star.jpg

02 - Palitoy Death Star.jpg

03 - Palitoy Death Star.jpg

04 - Palitoy Death Star.jpg

05a - Palitoy Death Star.jpg

06 - Palitoy Death Star.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom