The Empire Strikes Back premiere programme: 20th May 1980

TC-14

Sith Lord
Hi, while I'm new to this forum, I am a rather old Star Wars fan- having being hooked right from the start at the tender age of 7 years old back in 1977.

I'll get straight to the point: I have for sale on eBay two items- one is of my souvenir programme for the royal charity premiere of The Empire Strikes Back that I attended at the Odeon, Leicester Square, London on Tuesday 20th May 1980. The other is for my ticket to this same event. You can find more details here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/111079216045?roken=W58usN

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/111079241920?roken=oJ5U8t

I will just mention what I have already said on a previous, more general thread (thanks for pointing me in the right direction on here and the warm welcome, Capetown). I am guessing that not many of these have come up for sale in the past, as I have been unable to find anything comparable on the internet with which to value them. For that reason I have set them off on a 10 day listing and let interested parties do their bidding.

If any members have seen something similar come up in the past, then I would be interested to hear about it. Any questions about these items, then don't hesitate to ask.

Best,
Martin

theslider

Sith Lord
Two lovely items there, something if I was there I wouldn't want to get rid of. Not doubting if they are genuine, but it would be interesting to hear how your old fella was able to get a ticket for this!

x-pack

Grand Master
No way would i sell that :shock: I bet there aren't many knocking about. Almost irreplaceable.

TC-14

Sith Lord
Thanks for your comments, and after having held on to these for the past 33 years, I have decided the time has come to let go. My classic car is in need of restoration, and I figured that the sale of these two items could go some way towards that.

It was my mother who got hold of the tickets, just the two of us attended, my dad staying home to look after the newsagents we had at the time! I wish I could tell you how she got hold of them, but she is no longer with us so that's not going to be possible now. To be honest, I didn't think of asking at the time, nor since, as she was very adept at locating and purchasing all the hard to come-by figures and the playsets of the time... it was not uncommon to walk in to the room to find she was on the phone to some supplier or toy shop in the states, trying to get that 'certain something' for Christmas. I'm probably painting myself as a real spoilt kid... but boy, did I appreciate those gifts come Christmas and birthdays- they certainly weren't opened then discarded come Boxing Day!

chazb73

Sith Lord
Welcome to the foum :D

And what a great story. I will be watching these with great interest. I would frame the ticket :D
Good luck with your sale

TC-14

Sith Lord
@chazb73 That would be fascinating... "These aren't the droids you're looking for". Slight pause, then a "hyak hyak hyak" laugh that only Sid James could produce :lol:

I'm pleased to report that I'm no longer a one post wonder... I've been coming back to this forum daily since joining, it's certainly rekindled a passion for Star Wars. I've just posted some old photographs of my collection circa 1979 if any of you are interested- view the topic here:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15979

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Great to have you on here Tc -14 :D you were referring to age previously

I was around 13 when the first SW came out, so I'm a bloody OAP on here

Seen the photos on the thread, they are so good, bring back memories...have you still got any of those, or have they disapp over the years

Great to have you with us :D enjoy

TC-14

Sith Lord
Very glad to be in such good company, Michael Sith :D

Thanks for your kind comments. Alas, all those figures and playsets were passed on to my nephews when I became 'too old for toys' when I was 13/14 back in '83/'84. Gladly, they were very much appreciated and played with constantly... but after a nonchalent enquiry to my sister about 15 years ago enquiring whether they were still in the attic, I got the dreaded reply: "Not anymore, they went to the charity shop years ago!". I tried to disguise my dismay!

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm really enjoying this forum- it's rekindled a passion for Star Wars that I thought was long gone :lol:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Sadly a story all to common :cry:
But it gives you the chance to join this happy breed of men and start collecting all over again, mind you it does become a little addictive :roll:

Some fantastic, knowledgeable guys on here, and some great characters too, great forum, you'll enjoy :D

chazb73

Sith Lord
TC-14 said:
@chazb73 That would be fascinating... "These aren't the droids you're looking for". Slight pause, then a "hyak hyak hyak" laugh that only Sid James could produce :lol:

I'm pleased to report that I'm no longer a one post wonder... I've been coming back to this forum daily since joining, it's certainly rekindled a passion for Star Wars. I've just posted some old photographs of my collection circa 1979 if any of you are interested- view the topic here:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15979

Glad it ammused you mate :D I have thoughts such as this now and again :roll: :lol:

rob71

Sith Lord
Very nice items you have for sale. I like the Death Star on your avatar. I'll soon be the proud recipient of a new boxed one (well pretty old actually) to replace the one I got bought for me Xmas 1978 :D

wrighty

Sith Lord
Looks like a great set of souvenir item sorry you letting them go after 33 years. I will keep an eye on ebay for them. Thanks!! Simon

TC-14

Sith Lord
Rob: Looks like there were quite a few of us lucky enough to get the Death Star for Christmas back in 1978. It'll be like Christmas all over again when you get your new (to you) playset :D

Wrighty: Cheers mate, I'll be interested to see what they go for- although now I've been drawn back in to the Star Wars universe once again, I'm guessing any proceeds will go on Palitoy figures rather than being directed to restoring my classic car :lol:

Martin

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I bid on these mate, but the price went to high for my current funds.

Congrats on the sale of a fantastic item.

Best Wishes,

Grant

TC-14

Sith Lord
Maulster79 said:
I bid on these mate, but the price went to high for my current funds.

Congrats on the sale of a fantastic item.

Best Wishes,

Grant

Ummm.... that went a bit crazy. Thanks for bidding though, Grant- much appreciated.

Martin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom