Possible fraudulent ebay listing ?

Zivi21

Youngling
Hi, first post, although I've been lingering on here for some time now, massive vintage Star Wars fan and started a small collection over the last 2 years. No particular focus, aim or collecting habit, just spending way too much time on the hobby and seem to have serious issues spending on all things vintage Star Wars

Just thought I would warn you about a seller on ebay, I could and probably are wrong, but his listing photos are all different photos, no consistence, and I'm sure 2 of the photos are from a well respected seller based in Spain (ig-88 and r2d2

Link attached and users ID is joffa7610

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-AFA-85-IG88-85-90-90-ROTJ-77-Back-A-offerless-and-unpunched-1983-/281632757837

I do hope I'm wrong, although I made a offer on a rotj UK graded han and was accepted, although this morning (when I was sober) had second thoughts and it did not feel right, looking at their other items

I will report to ebay tonight but just thought I would put it out there, as a number of items are current with some bids on them

Marcus

walkie

Sith Lord
The yellow background figure display looks like Jota's, he quiet a well known Spanish collector and that's not his eBay username :(

itfciain

Grand Master
Yeah - massive red flags with different back ground pictures

The Rebel Commando he has listed was sold back end of January by someone else - possible that this is the buyer and he is using the old pics but more likely a scam - especially with the Boba Fett in there

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-ROTJ-Palitoy-Rebel-Soldier-vintage-action-figure-AFA-85-all-85-subs-/251813173889?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item3aa13c1a81

itfciain

Grand Master
bobskins said:
£10 for second class postage. Not quite sure how they worked that one out exactly.

Lol - to be honest, I would think that would be the least of your worries - I wouldn't want to bet a lot of money that the Boba would even turn up - what ever the postage charged !!

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
indianawars said:
Without a shadow of doubt I've seen the pictures before being sold by other sellers!

As Iain has said some buyers use the original photos of the items they have bought from other sellers. I have often seen my photos used. I never mind to be honest because it is a picture of their item.

At least ebay has you covered it's just a fag waiting for your money.

bobskins

Padawan
Lol - to be honest, I would think that would be the least of your worries - I wouldn't want to bet a lot of money that the Boba would even turn up - what ever the postage charged !!

Ha, yeah fair point. I saw the postage costs and got the red mist. Postage for the Fett is £20 second class!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom