Bid activity (%) with this seller:63%- bidding up items ???

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
I've been buying a few bits on ebay and noticed that one person i was bidding against on a few items made 63% of his bids with this one seller.

I don't use ebay that much but this has got to be bullshit hasn't it?

They were bidding on two of the same items as me, i won the first item, but didn't increase my offer on the 2nd item as i thought this was the shop trying to artifically increase the price they got.

I wonder if i'll be offered the item or if the shop re advertises it shortly.

Frequent ebayers please chip in your thoughts as i don't really understand how it all works!

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=351344614670&aid=u***a&eu=&bidtid=670418382022&view=BUYER&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_Buyer_ViewLink

Here is a screen grab of the 63% of bids with this seller!

llscreen%20capture%2023032015%20093924_zps7igzqchm.jpg

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Yes I think this seller has previous.

I mean they got £36.25 Just for Han Carbs Carbinote block recently. I sold the whle figure for £40 shipped in December! :?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371283450497?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
Yes very interesting. I'll keep my eye out for that flask being relisted then!

They are quite a big toy operation by the sounds of it

Dark Sith Lord said:
Yes I think this seller has previous.

I mean they got £36.25 Just for Han Carbs Carbinote block recently. I sold the whle figure for £40 shipped in December! :?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371283450497?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

JFK

Jedi Master
I hate it when sellers do this especially when it's bloody obvious when you can see the bid percentage ,I'm bidding on a few items myself and it's happening across the board ,there so ****ing thick if they think we can't figure it out ! The percentage rate does not lie ,thieving twats

phreatobite

Jedi Master
I hate this. Coming from the other side I'm selling something atm and a bidder has 100% activity with me which I know is putting other potential bidders off.

millionsoftoys

Youngling
Hello
Just like to introduce myself and my company to this thread
My name is Lucy I am Owner Director of The Millions Group UK Ltd
We trade under the name millionsoftoys on eBay
We are and established Ltd Company for over 10 years selling Vintage and Retro Toys to collectors all over the world from our retail store and our showroom as well as our online channels such as facebook ebay and our own pages
We have massive amounts of vintage and retro toys including a lot of SW items that we make available to fans and collectors to buy
Most of which is started at 99p via our eBay channel to give everyone a chance to win and buy the items they want!
I would like to address the points raised and some of the unfavourable and unfounded comments made about my company
To user paulcalf - we have several customers who buy a lot of items from our ebay channel to sell through their stalls or stores
We DO NOT shill bid our own items at all - Please can you refrain from suggesting this - We have over 106,000 +ve ratings built up from selling item as a professional business not a part time hobbyist
The user you refer to in the screen shot is one of our regular customer who buy very large amounts from us and pays for all their items
The flask you refer to has been paid and shipped to them so wont be re-offered to you!
Everything we list through ebay is started at 99p and it gets what a buyer is willing to pay so ALL buyers have a fair chance to win the items they wish (fairly often we get buyers pissing us off bidding on items and then never paying but that is another story)
To member - Dark Sith Lord - The Han SOLO carbonite block listing you have posted started at 99p and has been paid and shipped to the customer. It sold for what a buyer wanted to pay! We have no control or influence over the price it sells for - I am not sure what you mean by saying the user has previous? Perhaps you would be kind enough to comment and let me know what this means?
To members JKF PGowdy - We are not thieving twats and definitely are not bidding our own items up - please can you refrain from saying this as it is untrue and hurtful - We want you guys as customers for the massive range of Vintage SW and other toys we have - We are happy for you to contact us any time with any items you are looking for - Just prefer it if you can refrain from suggesting such libellous comments when you don't know the facts about our customers who buy a lot of items from us on a regular basis
To member PGowdy - please feel free to call eBay and you will find that we are 100% genuine and honest and respect the platform - There are some good sellers on eBay please don't forget that - You may have had some bad experience with eBay in the past but not from us - Remember it take a long time and especially requires you to be genuine and honest to build a rating such as ours.
To member phreatobite – I would not be concerned about a buyer having 100% interest in your items – It just might mean you have really good stuff for sale and offer a good service – Hence why they are repeat buyers – these stats mean nothing and don't put buyers off – If any thing it should do the opposite – Most genuine buyers are looking for items from genuine sellers NOT looking at statistics!
I look forward to receiving further comments to the post and look forward to dealing with you guys in the future
Best Regards
Lucy

walkie

Sith Lord
Guys, steady on now.... I hope I've dealt with enough people on here for you to class me as one of the 'good guys', and hopefully at the same time you've realised I don't take much **** from scammer & deadbeats.

I've dealt with both Lucy & Jim at 'millions of toys' numerous times over the past 18 months, both on eBay and in person. Each and every time it has been a flawless deal, that is something I can't say for 18 months worth of forum deals !! :(

Not only do they run a successful online vintage toy business, having operated their own toy shop in the past they know a great deal about a lot of toy lines. They are both very passionate about what they do and work hard to maintain their high level of standards, after all this is their livelihood.

Whatever yours concerns may be, believe me your barking up the wrong tree. These guys operate a tight ship and play by the book.

If you don't want to deal with them fine! that's more bargains for me in the future :)

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
Millionsoftoys

Fair enough, well defended!

As an irregular ebay user I was bidding against someone who makes 63% of purchases from you - it looked funny to me, so i posted up a question.

I hadn't named the company in my original post and didn't really think before unitnetionally naming names by posting the link/screengrab.

All the best

millionsoftoys said:
To user paulcalf - we have several customers who buy a lot of items from our ebay channel to sell through their stalls or stores
We DO NOT shill bid our own items at all - Please can you refrain from suggesting this - We have over 106,000 +ve ratings built up from selling item as a professional business not a part time hobbyist
The user you refer to in the screen shot is one of our regular customer who buy very large amounts from us and pays for all their items
The flask you refer to has been paid and shipped to them so wont be re-offered to you!
Everything we list through ebay is started at 99p and it gets what a buyer is willing to pay so ALL buyers have a fair chance to win the items they wish (fairly often we get buyers pissing us off bidding on items and then never paying but that is another story)

I look forward to receiving further comments to the post and look forward to dealing with you guys in the future
Best Regards
Lucy

PGowdy

Grand Master
millionsoftoys said:
To members JKF PGowdy - We are not thieving twats and definitely are not bidding our own items up - please can you refrain from saying this as it is untrue and hurtful - We want you guys as customers for the massive range of Vintage SW and other toys we have - We are happy for you to contact us any time with any items you are looking for - Just prefer it if you can refrain from suggesting such libellous comments when you don't know the facts about our customers who buy a lot of items from us on a regular basis
To member PGowdy - please feel free to call eBay and you will find that we are 100% genuine and honest and respect the platform - There are some good sellers on eBay please don't forget that - You may have had some bad experience with eBay in the past but not from us - Remember it take a long time and especially requires you to be genuine and honest to build a rating such as ours.

To millionsoftoys - i never once suggested that you were shill bidding. Not on any level. Please read my posts carefully as i took the time to carefully write them.
I was merely offering advice to the original poster that "IF" the seller in question was shill bidding a quick call to eBay would sort it out. Which remain true and is good advice.
I also didn't refer to you as thieving or twats so please refrain from grouping me in with that accusation. I'd prefer if you'd refrain from suggesting such libellous completely untrue things. I actually think you're completely out of line suggesting for a second that i accused you of anything. 10 seconds spent reading my 2 posts would prove that i did not. Not in any way.
Again, i never intended to call eBay nor did i suggest i had any cause to. I merely advised another member that if he had an issue with a seller or suspected them of shill bidding, i did not say he was right or wrong, but that he should call eBay and they would be able to sort the matter out in a manner of minutes. I am an experienced high level seller on eBay so i have a lot of experience with eBay issues and have found the quickest way to get things done or to get an answer to a question such as this is to give eBay a call.

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
PGowdy: great reply. Double aplogies to you for not thanking you for your suggestions in the first place & secondly for dragging you into this shitstorm!

Millionsoftoys: apologies for creating this situation!

Feel the love everyone!

PGowdy said:
To millionsoftoys - i never once suggested that you were shill bidding. Not on any level. Please read my posts carefully as i took the time to carefully write them.
I was merely offering advice to the original poster that "IF" the seller in question was shill bidding a quick call to eBay would sort it out. Which remain true and is good advice.
I also didn't refer to you as thieving or twats so please refrain from grouping me in with that accusation. I'd prefer if you'd refrain from suggesting such libellous completely untrue things. I actually think you're completely out of line suggesting for a second that i accused you of anything. 10 seconds spent reading my 2 posts would prove that i did not. Not in any way.
Again, i never intended to call eBay nor did i suggest i had any cause to. I merely advised another member that if he had an issue with a seller or suspected them of shill bidding, i did not say he was right or wrong, but that he should call eBay and they would be able to sort the matter out in a manner of minutes. I am an experienced high level seller on eBay so i have a lot of experience with eBay issues and have found the quickest way to get things done or to get an answer to a question such as this is to give eBay a call.

JFK

Jedi Master
To the member millionsofttoys I only stated that I hate sellers who do this ,I did not say you ! Just sellers , saying that 63% is quite high ? So you can't blame anyone who can join the dots as 63% is high ! Fair play for posting your reply and what discount can us members get :D

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
@millions of toys

Great reply. I was merely alluding to the fact that their had been previous topics on this subject on the discussed on the forum. I meant no disrespect with my comments. You feedback speaks for itself. I have even dealt with you before in the distant past anyways. So as I said no hard feelings :)

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Just like to add here that Lucy is a great seller. I have bought many of my 'Special buy' pieces from her and she lets me know when she gets more in. Stefan (Walkie) introduced me to her and ive only had yood dealings with her.

On another note, i feel that certain collectors and trying to overpolice the hobby and it is worrying. Calling someone 'Thieving twats' and the like isnt on and certainly not with a seller like Lucy.

Its this sort of thing that really puts myself and many others off collecing sometimes. The unwarranted and unfounded abuse is wrong, and it must stop before it gets out of control.

millionsoftoys

Youngling
_Lee_ said:
Just like to add here that Lucy is a great seller. I have bought many of my 'Special buy' pieces from her and she lets me know when she gets more in. Stefan (Walkie) introduced me to her and ive only had yood dealings with her.

On another note, i feel that certain collectors and trying to overpolice the hobby and it is worrying. Calling someone 'Thieving twats' and the like isnt on and certainly not with a seller like Lucy.

Its this sort of thing that really puts myself and many others off collecing sometimes. The unwarranted and unfounded abuse is wrong, and it must stop before it gets out of control.

Thanks for your support - Speak tomorrow about the 12 back figures - Best Regards Lucy

millionsoftoys

Youngling
Dark Sith Lord said:
@millions of toys

Great reply. I was merely alluding to the fact that their had been previous topics on this subject on the discussed on the forum. I meant no disrespect with my comments. You feedback speaks for itself. I have even dealt with you before in the distant past anyways. So as I said no hard feelings :)

Thank you for your reply - We respect freedom of expression and encourage discussion over issues and solutions - just hope people remember there are some good sellers left on eBay! Best Regards Lucy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom