SWFUK

Unbelievable price for a Tri-logo DSD!!!

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
jedisearcher
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Unbelievable price for a Tri-logo DSD!!!

Postby jedisearcher » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:57 pm

Joe wrote:You guys aren't the only ones that would have loved to have owned that DSD. I was actually one of the under bidders on it (in fact I think I was the guy Robbie outbid to win it) so I always took this one rather personally..

After it sold, I realised he was the winner so I approached him about it just to say nice one on winning it that kind of thing. One of his replies stated it was at AFA "as we speak" but even then I honestly didn't twig that it would be going for a U grade - I actually thought it was being graded carded :(

A little while later the cardback appears in his ebay listings and I just couldn't believe it, it seemed like such a waste, especially in my eyes as I was trying to put together a carded Trilogo set at the time.

I emailed him once again, this time to express my concerns and I even pleaded with him to stop U grading but it was all rather pointless when he knows full well that he can get £300 for a U90 DSD from some U addict. As a result, he will get AFA to open up whatever he wants simply because it's a money maker for him.

Pete- Yes it's been stated multiple times and there have been plenty of arguments but it's never done any good. When I spoke to Robbie I tried to explain our point of view to him but sadly there is no way of actually stopping someone from doing that if they can turn £100 into £300 and are in this hobby to make money.

I had actually forgotten all about this until I saw someone selling the same cardback on RS recently and it brought up all the anger again! :evil:

Dealers who U grade are laughing all the way to the bank because not only do they make a killing on every figure that comes back U90 but also increase the prices they can sell carded stuff for because they are slowly reducing the eer decreasing supply of MOC. This results in people paying silly money on a figure like the Trilogo DSD because they simply can't find one elsewhere and cave..oh and who has access to all the high grade carded stuff? That's right..robbie + co.

It's not even what you'd call a beater card, the whole thing stinks. I keep getting dragged into U grade arguments with people and I'm trying to just ignore those threads now, but when I see crap like the tale you tell here Joe, I know why I do get involved.

Whether Robbie has given up his U grade habit or not people should just vote with their feet and not sell/buy stuff from him. He's done the damage already and I'm not one for forgiving so easily as many on here.
WTB thread - most Palitoy 30b's and 3 debut 45a's: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17224

Memories from a 1980s Toy Shop: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24289

ODB
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby ODB » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:40 pm

Well thats a thoroughly depressing story Joe, it just reinforces some of the reasons why I'm not enjoying the collecting experience at the moment. In an ideal world no one would buy from him and he'd go out of business. But alas we have a community that sees no issue with what he does/has done.
Beyond Good, Beyond Evil, Beyond Your Wildest Imagination.........

galactables
Regular
Regular

Postby galactables » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:44 pm

I do not use this forum. However, I am thankful to members who know me as a person, for pointing me in this direction.

Constructive criticism is fine. Insults are not. It's a long road that has no turn lads.

PGowdy
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby PGowdy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:51 pm

galactables wrote:
Constructive criticism is fine. Insults are not.

I think you've got the wrong forum. :lol: :lol:
Former forum member.

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:12 pm

This story is shocking and just show's how the hobby is slowly getting sucked dry. :cry: :cry:
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:21 pm

Gowdy, not getting personal but you seem to put your mouth about a bit too much and rub people up the wrong way. Firstly you had a pop at Lucy from MOT and now you are calling Robbie an 'effing Arsehole' :shock: Do you really always have to stoop so low with everything you say ? Why dont you man up and give Robbie a call, or even meet in personas i know he is in London often as he supports Arsenal and goes to see them sometimes. l Im sure you can say this to someone directly instead of hitting some keys??

Im not interested in falling out with anyone here again, and i am in no way trying to turn this thread into an inflamed mess but Robbie is my friend and a good one at that. I know ill get the ' hes defending him again' jibes, but he has done what he saud he would do. I can prove it by showing two C7 carded figures he gave to my little boy at Christmas-an ESB Dengar and a Trilogo Anakin. Perfect U grade bait if there was any, but he gave them to my kid for xmas, and they are now in acrylic cases in his collection.

Anyways, lets not start the insults again as it isnt showing this forum in a good light. If you have something to say to someone, say it directly to them ane not behind their back.
Last edited by _Lee_ on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

PGowdy
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby PGowdy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:28 pm

_Lee_ wrote:Gowdy, not getting personal but you seem to put your mouth about a bit too much and rub people up the wrong way.
Firstly you had a pop at Lucy from MOT and now you are calling Robbie an 'effing Arsehole' :shock: Do you really always have to stoop so low with everything you say ? Why dont you man up and give Robbie a call, or even meet in person as i know he is in London often as he supports Arsenal and goes to see them quite a bit ? Im sure you can say this to someone directly instead of hitting some keys??

[/quote]

Lee, if you'd actually read the Lucy thread you'd know that i said nothing whatsoever about her and yet she called me out and accused me of several things i'd never done. My posts weren't even regarding her or her business. Please read the thread properly before commenting.
My reply to her was the same as anyone's would have been after being unfairly accused of something i hadn't done. No?
The things i said on this thread aren't really different to what 99.9% of people in the hobby think of people that destroy these vintage toys for their own gain. You've made it clear what camp you stand in but don't expect everyone else to join you.
Also, given you're completely off base about the millionsoftoys thread, you're only actually referring to the comment i made in this thread so
_Lee_ wrote:Gowdy, not getting personal but you seem to put your mouth about a bit too much and rub people up the wrong way.

Seems more than a bit unfair.
Former forum member.

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:36 pm

Nah mate, im firmly in the anti AFA grade camp for anything unless its something like my opened Palitoy Yoda puppet i had Q graded to preserve and case it. Just look on my hundreds of posts over the years on various forums about Grading etc and you will see im not a fan, so dont try to insinuate where my feelings lie.

Im defending a friend, and letting people know he stuck to his word-if that says im all for grading then thats sad. Although i maybe dont agree with some things, it doest mean i cant call him a friend.

PGowdy
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby PGowdy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:44 pm

_Lee_ wrote:Nah mate, im firmly in the anti AFA grade camp for anything unless its something like my opened Palitoy Yoda puppet i had Q graded to preserve and case it. Just look on my hundreds of posts over the years on various forums about Grading etc and you will see im not a fan, so dont try to insinuate where my feelings lie.

Im defending a friend, and letting people know he stuck to his word-if that says im all for grading then thats sad. Although i maybe dont agree with some things, it doest mean i cant call him a friend.

Fair enough, i just couldn't fathom why anyone on here would stick up for someone doing that kind of thing. I'm sure you can understand most of the forum taking a pretty strong dislike to anyone who does that kind of thing. Aggression is, understandably, the first point of call. Sometimes it's a necessary defence. I'm afraid when you do that kind of thing you kind of have it coming.
Former forum member.

Joe
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Joe » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:11 pm

IMO if you are a prominent U grade dealer/submitter whose name has been brought up in a negative way many times over the years (on various different forums) then you don't you don't just "stop" U grading behind the scenes, telling only a few close friends..

Lee, I know you trust Robbie and consider him a friend but can you honestly say without a shadow of a doubt that since ____ date, he's not U graded one single item? 100%?

You are a good guy Lee and I agree with a lot of your posts and opinions but for some reason I can't see how someone would just go all cold turkey like you believe he has and NOT make it public knowledge (I mean it would have done wonders for his rep and got a few people off his back at the same time).

If he has stopped then that's obviously a good thing and someone less to worry about in all of this but I'll still always wish he had stopped sooner.

When I asked him about U grades a couple of years ago he didn't deny the fact that if the opportunity arose (like it did with the Trilogo DSD) then he wouldn't hesitate to send a card with "issues" in for a high U grade - so what's changed?

Do you not think he's just stopped because the demand isn't there these days? That's probably closer to the truth than a sudden change of heart surely? And if it's true that he has stopped U grading just because nobody was buying them then I don't think he should be applauded really, do you?
I'm famous in Poland!
If you want to get in contact, please email me: joe@trilogo.info - click the image below for my WTB

lee gray
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lee gray » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:23 pm

U grading aside (which i have never liked) Robbie is actually a great guy.

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:35 am

My last word on this. I've known Robbie a long while now, and even if he is U grading he isn't doing much. I picked him up wrong when he said he had categorically stopped and I have talked to him and he says he didn't say that. I just want to clarify that, but I know it isn't much these days at all. That's Robbie's prerogative, and I nor anyone else can say anything, there is no law against it. I will tell you that I'm not going to lose a good friend over something like this, and it also concens me why Robbie is slaughtered when others do the same thing-and there are collectors on all forums who have done it.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:51 pm

I hope the not graded one is much cheaper or else I never get one :shock:

Return to “Ebay Listings”