fools and their money..

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I would say it's fake. :roll:

The others are fake as well, Leia's the worst and the Luke saber looks fake as well.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
This set of auctions prompted me to list my fake ebay auction, the sabre on Luke appears to be double telescopic and the seller when I quizzed them didn't deny it was fake. The Leia seems to have disappeared but I'm sure it didn't even have a foot rest.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
kingshearer said:
This set of auctions prompted me to list my fake ebay auction, the sabre on Luke appears to be double telescopic and the seller when I quizzed them didn't deny it was fake. The Leia seems to have disappeared but I'm sure it didn't even have a foot rest.

No their was no footer on the Leia and bubble was wrong, fake and more fake.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Grant_C said:
Fugures are real, not sure about the backing- according to description

I guess the seller thinks they're covered by adding this line but the Han went for over 500 GBP and I get the feeling that it'll be sent straight back.

This seller knows exactly what they've got and is hoping to find an inexperienced buyer, shame on you :evil:

Ian

indianawars

Sith Lord
I'd love to meet their "toy" expert!... It's hideous to see this going on, knowing you can't warn the bidders. But why on earth would someone pay £500 for something they clearly have no knowledge about it?!

lejackal

Grand Master
This should tie in nicely with the if you win the lottery thread. I'd buy all of these, pull them off the cards, which as we're buying toys should be expected, and then return not as described for a spot of paint loss or something else equally petty yet hilarious given the cnuts selling them

kingshearer

Jedi Master
I suppose there is the remote possibility that the seller has a few accounts and was shill bidding in the hope that someone would bite.

x-pack

Grand Master
And this is one of the reasons why collecting has gone bad. To me the bubble on that Han looks 100% fake. Haven't seen the others. Seller has purchased cards from Spain or wherever and is knowingly selling fakes on eBay. The whole 'found in the attic' **** is just a convenient cover for not having and any provenance on these cards. I hate this **** :x

x-pack

Grand Master
I actually took the time to message the seller about these repros. Apparently according to the listing someone else has already been in touch :roll:

sparkysx

Sith Lord
you can see the lines where the double sided tape joins, this person needs a kicking.

x-pack

Grand Master
sparkysx said:
you can see the lines where the double sided tape joins, this person needs a kicking.

My observations exactly! I think it was the C3PO card where you can clearly see the double sided tape.

According to the seller (who says 'OK!!' a lot) she can't stop people from bidding, and all she can say for sure is that 'the figures are genuine' ...and these cards were found in the attic (OK!!). She did say that if buyers aren't happy they can send the items back for a refund, which is nice of her.

So there you go. They were found in the attic! What more provenance do you need? I did message back and ask if they were found in her attic. Stopped short at asking if they were found in the attic of a house belonging to a chap called Tony. But as she 'doesn't know much about cards' the dig would have been lost :roll:

Lindo

Sith Lord
x-pack said:
I actually took the time to message the seller about these repros. Apparently according to the listing someone else has already been in touch :roll:
Yeh I had queried it, apparently the seals are slick and not cross hatched, some ****ing idiot got stung there that's for sure

sparkysx

Sith Lord
What's the point in this, as soon as the idiot buyer realises it's fake they get their money back, and they don't have to return it on the basis that it is fake, eBay will ask for it to be destroyed.

rdpla

Jedi Knight
ah ok, this is the one i posted about a fake or not....I did find in my research that there are quiet a few cards without footers that are quiet rare to come by...Have seen a few afa graded too... ok, well thanks again chaps..almost 1am here and I have 3 weddings tomorrow...goodnight all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom