such a waste....

poncho

Grand Master
autograph ruined that moc

a miss weapon card too...

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Starwars-Yak-Face-Moc-Trilogo-Signed-With-The-Palace-Blaster-In-Rare/253680761296?hash=item3b108d39d0:g:ppIAAOSwHPNbHPkH

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree the autograph ruins the card. Such a shame, but it's not a mis-weapon card. That's the French Tri-Logo Yak Face which comes with the different style of blister which usually yellows, and usually also has a black palace blaster packed in, unlike the 'regular' Tri-logo Yak which comes with nowt ;-)

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
It is a shame but might give someone the opportunity to get a discount yak moc and you never know, the scribble might come off with a bit of elbow grease

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Looking at the picture of signing looks like it was done back in the day.

I think in the bargain bin days when paying peanuts for Mocs, at the time you wouldn't think twice about the chance of an autograph investment would have been way off the radar, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I have seen threads in the past where if your careful and use the right method you can remove autos, but I don't think I'd chance it with this one.

subzero

Sith Lord
Good point that looks like an old signing, and Yak Face ( so iv'e heard ) was a cheapo budget MOC back in the day too, kind of like buying a Nikto. :shock:

If it's value back then was the same as today maybe it would have never got signed.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
some people still think signing a moc increases its value, and I bet they will be the ones bidding on this. It will still fetch good money I reckon, shame it was signed though.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I can see why this would piss collectors off. For me I would be happy with that example for the right price. :lol: I wander if anyone has a complete MOC collection signed, now that would be cool.

lejackal

Grand Master
I'll start out by clarifying I wouldn't get a vintage MOC signed before throwing myself to the lions and saying I would have absolutely no problem with buying one that has been signed already

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
I'll start out by clarifying I wouldn't get a vintage MOC signed before throwing myself to the lions and saying I would have absolutely no problem with buying one that has been signed already

Absolutely fair!
Would you ever pay a premium for it though? Same as unsigned or value it lower Carl?

lejackal

Grand Master
SAVORY100 said:
lejackal said:

Absolutely fair!
Would you ever pay a premium for it though? Same as unsigned or value it lower Carl?
I'd be okay at FMV if I couldn't get it across that it was devalued to most, potentially FMV plus say the £20 that most graphs would've cost but that would be it.
I did actually try and buy an autographed Bossk Trilogo 12 months or so ago which was a bit of a beater but the guy didn't think much to my valuation :lol:
Having seen where it ended up he probably got double for it

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
As Mike says, that's an old 90s photo. Didn't know Sean was signing that far back, but it's got all the look and feel of the 90s.

Had this been uncracked I think it would have been a shame, as it is, I have no issue with it and think it represents a nice thing. I'd happily own it.

In terms of value, it's subjective....as always! A better one of these, no squiggle traded hands in the last two weeks for £350 and then sold days later for £510. As I say, that only had one smaller crack at the top and, I think, was still a little low on value. I'll be interested to see where this ends up but I can see a sig adding to the value in this case. On some it inevitably will, Carrie, Kenny and others no longer with us.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
lejackal said:
lejackal said:
£1648.59
This is a lesson to read the description first :lol:

Seeing as it's cracked at the bottom I'll revise that to £857.68
I was thinking of more than £850 even with the crack and autograph.
Interesting you feel the same even with those "issues".
I assume that these are not rare, they just get bought up and stay in collections, so making less for sale?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
lejackal said:
lejackal said:
£1648.59
This is a lesson to read the description first :lol:

Seeing as it's cracked at the bottom I'll revise that to £857.68
I was thinking of more than £850 even with the crack and autograph.
Interesting you feel the same even with those "issues".
I assume that these are not rare, they just get bought up and stay in collections, so making less for sale?
The regular Tri-logo Yak Face is not very rare at all really. OK, it's rarer than most figures, but only by virtue of being the last figure released, not being released in the US, and hence would have probably been produced in smaller numbers than its last 17 teammates. However, as stated in my previous post, this is the French Tri-logo version which comes with the black palace blaster, and this version certainly seems to be less common than the regular Tri-logo version with no weapon.

As for them getting bought up and staying in collections and hence making fewer for sale, I reckon that's probably fair. Yak Face would be about as popular as Nikto or Prune Face if it wasn't for him being the last figure released and America not getting him. Doubtless a lot of those Yaks originally released in Europe and elsewhere have since found their way over the pond into US collections, which will inevitably reduce supply over here to some extent. However whilst it's certainly rarer than Nikto or Prune Face, you can still all but guarantee that at any time you search eBay for a carded Yak Face (Tri-logo, at least, not POTF), you will always have a choice of several for sale, and that's not really the hallmark of something truly rare, IMHO.

As for a guess at the final sale price of this particular Yak, obviously as always it depends entirely on how many bidders want it and how much they're willing to spend, but my guess would be closer to £650-£700... Let's see how massively far off the mark I am! :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
£560.00.
Anyone surprised?
I thought it would have gone for more, possibly ended at the wrong time of day?

subzero

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
£560.00.
Anyone surprised?
I thought it would have gone for more, possibly ended at the wrong time of day?

Maybe something to do with fathers day?, not as many people will be around at their computers today compared to usual.

That's some bad timing right there I reckon! :shock:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom