Offers

lejackal

Grand Master
This isn't SW related but I just found a game I want on eBay and it's £10 or make an offer. Being honest I'm perfectly fine at £10 but having the offer option implies that there may be a bit of wiggle room, well, I thought it did.
1st offer of 7 is auto declined, not a problem, I'm being cheeky as well as tight. Same on 8, again fair enough to not take 20% off but when it also auto declined 9 you have to wonder what exactly is the ****ing point of inviting offers :?:
Anyway, rant over.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
lejackal said:
This isn't SW related but I just found a game I want on eBay and it's £10 or make an offer. Being honest I'm perfectly fine at £10 but having the offer option implies that there may be a bit of wiggle room, well, I thought it did.
1st offer of 7 is auto declined, not a problem, I'm being cheeky as well as tight. Same on 8, again fair enough to not take 20% off but when it also auto declined 9 you have to wonder what exactly is the ****ing point of inviting offers :?:
Anyway, rant over.

lol makes you feel any better had an offer today that was more then the asking price lol.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I've had this a few times. Is it 'Buy It Now' at £10 or starting bids at £10? Because if it's buy it now I really can't see what the **** they were thinking. Like you would offer higher than the Buy It Now. :roll:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Isn't this a new eBay "thing" where best offer is auto selected on all auctions?

lejackal

Grand Master
TK-7785 said:
I've had this a few times. Is it 'Buy It Now' at £10 or starting bids at £10? Because if it's buy it now I really can't see what the **** they were thinking. Like you would offer higher than the Buy It Now. :roll:
BIN, like you say, it makes no sense.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I had this loads last year when I was blitzing vintage games. I think I got declined on a £9.50 offer for a £10 BIN. It wasn't a bad deal at a tenner but I didn't buy it cos the guy was being such a dick.

indianawars

Sith Lord
It actually puts me off buying items. If it's listed £10 BIN, without make an offer, I would probably pull the trigger on it. But when it has make an offer, and it declines at £9, I'm like fu*k you... I won't buy it full stop.

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
This is likely to be eBay's fault rather than the sellers

They have introduced this new feature where they turn on 'best offer' if your BIN listing hasn't sold within a few days. It's the most infuriating eBay change I can remember.

With cheap stuff like this, I think haggling just pisses people off. I tend to only list cheap stuff I have bulk of on there now. When someone offers me £2.50 on a £4.99 purchase :shock:

God bless eBay

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
I got this email today asking if I wanted to reduce the price of these items, I'm virtually giving them away :lol:
Screenshot_2019-01-23-16-41-43.png

lejackal

Grand Master
punk_pat said:

They have introduced this new feature where they turn on 'best offer' if your BIN listing hasn't sold within a few days. It's the most infuriating eBay change I can remember.

With cheap stuff like this, I think haggling just pisses people off. I tend to only list cheap stuff I have bulk of on there now. When someone offers me £2.50 on a £4.99 purchase :shock:

God bless eBay
Haggling on cheap stuff might piss people off but if the option is there then I'm certainly going to try and save a bit. In this instance I'm confident the seller set it up as eBay would not apply something only to have an auto decline in place, would they?

lejackal

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:
I got this email today asking if I wanted to reduce the price of these items, I'm virtually giving them away :lol:
Screenshot_2019-01-23-16-41-43.png
Yep, eBay couldn't give a **** how much you get as long as they get some commission

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
lejackal said:
punk_pat said:

God bless eBay
Haggling on cheap stuff might piss people off but if the option is there then I'm certainly going to try and save a bit. In this instance I'm confident the seller set it up as eBay would not apply something only to have an auto decline in place, would they?

Good point - I think when they've done it to my listings, they put an auto-decline figure as being under 50% of the asking price.

coomber75

Sith Lord
had the same offered less than 10%. less declind wtf seems like tyey want minimum + to get best offe r :roll:

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Ain't nothing wrong with a bit of haggling. If someone puts that option on their listing, be ready to haggle. I only get pissed off with the people who offer me £20 for something listed at £100. Haggling isn't rocket science, but some people seem to struggle with the concept. :lol:

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
Ain't nothing wrong with a bit of haggling. If someone puts that option on their listing, be ready to haggle. I only get pissed off with the people who offer me £20 for something listed at £100. Haggling isn't rocket science, but some people seem to struggle with the concept. :lol:

I agree that some idiots put in stupid bids knowing full well that it's going to piss you off. I always like to haggle a little bit but not be cheeky :lol: we all need to make a little bit on something and passing on a bit of goodwill to our fellow collectors is good karma :wink:

lejackal

Grand Master
TK-7785 said:
Sorry about that :oops: :lol:

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
punk_pat said:

God bless eBay

I noticed this the other day. After a few days eBay put best offer in on all my bin items it's driving me mad.

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
It keeps happening to me usually when I'm asleep or at work, when I've not checked my sales. I then get some arsey message from a buyer about why I've refused their offer and switched the offers off. Gets right on my tit end!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom