Top Toys Vader seal

tigerham

Sith Lord
I'm sure there is something not right about that seal as looks like a reseal to me. I know that the Top Toys seals aren't too great but compared to another Chief Chirpa they sold the seal's are way off...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-vintage-DARTH-VADER-TOP-TOYS-MOC-case-EL-REGRESO-DEL-JEDI-n-m/273777313683?hash=item3fbe664793:g:2GcAAOSwGN9cmIGi&frcectupt=true

They've got 100% positive feedback so not sure what's going on here. Maybe it really is a case of a dodgy factory sealed MOC but if you look at the left side of the bubble seal, where it looks as though it has been torn and placed back kind of thing, you'll see what I mean, on top of the gluey surroundings, lol.

tigerham

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
Looks well sketchy! No way anyone will shell out £1500 for that. :roll:

That's what I thought but does seem odd considering their other auctions seem to be genuine plus the 100% feedback score. I messaged them asking about if it's a reseal or not, stating about the litho rip and gluey surroundings, but no reply as of yet.

walkie

Sith Lord
Top Toys moc's are well known for having poor seals on the bubbles. Hence why so many were stapled (by factory or shop its unknown).

I've own a few where the bubble came away from the cardback leaving little to no damage on the card. Looking at the pics in this auction my moneys on it been a reseal and a bad one at that.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
If you look at pic 7 on the link and look closely at the left hand corner as you look at the pic, it's cracked away and separated then resealed, so presumably all resealed.
The way the bubble seal has crinkled looks weird, almost as if the reseal has been done and the adhesive has reacted with the seal/plastic, or even heat has been used in some way ( like heat froma hairdryer or something)

tigerham

Sith Lord
As beaten up as this one is, it shows a decent seal and varifies the original post...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-ACTION-FIGURE-DARTH-VADER-BRAND-TOP-TOYS-MOC-SEALED/133008691768?hash=item1ef7ef9238:g:wJUAAOSwSSdb7yzw

tigerham

Sith Lord
I just got a message from the seller...

'Hi.
I have read your emails and can understand your concerns. I can say it is not a reseal. There is no glue residue and the card is not torn. What has happened is the bubble is warped / stretched at the bend were the bubble leaves flat part on card and goes up side bubble and has made it go uneven looking. . Wether this happened during the making of the bubble or when it was sealed to card? or if it was stored in a humid/hot area? Remember lower quality control on the South American producers. What looks like the tears in the bubble is actually the bubble gone white from stretching and lifted. On close inspection you can see the cardback is still flat underneath The bottom of bubble is the worst area.
As mentioned i have owned for over 14 years. I bought a lot of carded and loose top toys figs from the Argentina seller when these figs were a lot cheaper. That lot had a stormtrooper with a bubble that was the same. I sold that to someone i know who had it graded a number of years back and passed although rating was lower due to this. And the stormie i kept the bubble has simply fallen of over tiime.
I hope this is some help. If you want pix i have no problem sending them. I am not a scammer. Thanks. '

I'm still not convinced but who knows.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
My money would be one a reseal, and a piss poor one at that.

Same. In my years of collecting I've come across a couple of Top Toys MOC's and seen many photos and have never seen one in that state before despite what the seller says.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I agree with the poor seals, I bought a stormie moc many years ago and a few months after I got it the bubble left the cardback :shock:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom