Stupidity know no bounds...

tigerham

Sith Lord
I sent the seller a message to ask if they cut the seal or was it already cut. They replied 'The tape was already cut'.

So I thanked them, for their honesty, and mentioned that the title was misleading (as it states 'Factory Sealed' which it isn't) and to maybe change it so there were no misunderstandings.

See what happens.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
tigerham said:
I sent the seller a message to ask if they cut the seal or was it already cut. They replied 'The tape was already cut'.

So I thanked them, for their honesty, and mentioned that the title was misleading (as it states 'Factory Sealed' which it isn't) and to maybe change it so there were no misunderstandings.

See what happens.

Thanks, Ham. Well I hope they're being honest, but the fact they state the tape has been cut to take photos seems like an odd remark if it wasn't them. They have taken photos for the listing and how would they know that the previous owner cut the tape to take photos. I don't buy it. But good on you, mate, for getting them to at least change the misleading description.

tigerham

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
tigerham said:

See what happens.

Thanks, Ham. Well I hope they're being honest, but the fact they state the tape has been cut to take photos seems like an odd remark if it wasn't them. They have taken photos for the listing and how would they know that the previous owner cut the tape to take photos. I don't buy it. But good on you, mate, for getting them to at least change the misleading description.

All good Chris. They just replied...

'I appreciate your advice and have revised the listing and reduced the price. I have not taken stickers, leaflet and accessories out of the plastic or taken the energizer out of its cardboard surround.'

It just takes a polite and honest conversation to sort things out (most the time, lol). :)

tigerham

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
tigerham said:

See what happens.

They never stated the tape has been cut to take the photos. They just said they opened the box.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Also when they said it was already cut I think they were quoting me plus to me it looks as though it was cut as it's a clean cut not a frailed worn tape so they would have just been stating what it looked like, I'm guessing.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
You're quite right, mate. One shouldn't jump to conclusions but judge each case on its own merits. There are so many daft listings on ebay it's easy to think a certain way. It's still a shame that it was cut at some point. So there's a tit out there somewhere guilty of that. :lol:

tigerham

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
You're quite right, mate. One shouldn't jump to conclusions but judge each case on its own merits. There are so many daft listings on ebay it's easy to think a certain way. It's still a shame that it was cut at some point. So there's a tit out there somewhere guilty of that. :lol:

ABsolutely Chris, easy to fall into that routine for sure. It is a shame it was cut. I'm just hoping it was cut all those years ago and not recently as there are plenty of examples already opened not to do this to MISB versions and preserve the history.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom