Genuine or fake VC Jawas...

tigerham

Sith Lord
I had a thought just a little while ago as I was viewing a VC Jawa on eBay. It stated it was all original but I had my doubts so I suggested to the seller that if they were 100% sure it was genuine then to maybe put in the description that if sent to AFA or UKG and refused because of authenticity then a full refund would be given as it would also give peace of mind to the buyer.

Would anyone think it a good idea to list auctions that refuse to put this in their description as to me it would suggest a slight doubt in it's authenticity otherwise why would you have a problem with putting the above statement in your description?

Palifan

Sith Lord
I see where you're coming from but maybe the seller is worried that someone might send a fake one off to UKG and then send that one back to them. These higher value figures like this and also some weapons are a little worrying to sell through something like eBay as there are plenty of people who try it on by the sounds of things I've heard over the years.

If it was me with something like this it might as well get sent to UKG in the first place so everyone knows it's all legit. Either that or go through somewhere like this forum where you stand a better chance of knowing where it's going and keeping the forum members on here with a smile on their face :D

Ian

tigerham

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
I see where you're coming from but maybe the seller is worried that someone might send a fake one off to UKG and then send that one back to them. These higher value figures like this and also some weapons are a little worrying to sell through something like eBay as there are plenty of people who try it on by the sounds of things I've heard over the years.

If it was me with something like this it might as well get sent to UKG in the first place so everyone knows it's all legit. Either that or go through somewhere like this forum where you stand a better chance of knowing where it's going and keeping the forum members on here with a smile on their face :D

Ian

Very true and good point. Everytime I have ever sold a VC Jawa, whether it be a Kenner or a Toltoys one, I have nearly always got them graded first for peace of mind for both ends. The ones I didn't get graded I sold to people I knew.

Thank you for your input Ian, really appreciated. :)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Totally agree

As fake and repro items are becoming more and more convincing, the only way to be as sure as you can when selling or buying, is to fact find and utilise the resources at hand, TIG for example, and more so that's why this forum is such a wealth of knowledge that can be tapped into and those experts and collectors that do give advice do so freely and are genuine.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Totally agree

As fake and repro items are becoming more and more convincing, the only way to be as sure as you can when selling or buying, is to fact find and utilise the resources at hand, TIG for example, and more so that's why this forum is such a wealth of knowledge that can be tapped into and those experts and collectors that do give advice do so freely and are genuine.

Absolutely. TIG is a great place for resources, the guides are well put together for sure.

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
I wouldn't trust doing that through Ebay, as someone said the figure could easily be switched and the buyer will try and send the fake one back, and Ebay usually always side with the buyer.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Agreed on sending it to get graded first, I also wouldn't sent a vcj through the post in the first place, I'd only accept cash on collection as my anxiety would prefer that I kept it rather than have the worry of someone trying to scam me.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Absolutely guys and as mentiuoned before I would only sell them ungraded to those I knew well and trusted. For others it would have to be the graded way and this is the only reason I would want to graded an item as, personally, I'm not into graded figures.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom