****ing ebay twats!

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I know this has been covered numerous times, but I needed to rant...

I won four lots from a seller (other non-SW vintage toy lines); two lots on one day and then two more a few days later. By the time I won the second couple I asked for the seller to combine postage as one items was just a small accessory they could put in with the other larger item at no extra cost. At this point I had assumed the first pair of items had been posted as they made no mention of being able to put all four in together and the first lot of postage would have easily covered everything.

Roll on today and all four items arrive in one package costing them a grand total of £4. They had charged me over £13! £13 would have been fine if they had used plenty of protective packaging and box, and I don't have an issue if the postage charge is a quid or two over, but that is taking the piss! So having messaged them requesting a partial refund they claimed they needed that extra to cover bubble wrap and petrol cost. **** off! The bubble wrap was used and I doubt their nearest post office is 20 miles away. And ebay are useless bag of tits who won't/can't/don't want to do anything about this sort of profiteering. :evil:

To add insult to injury they thought one layer of bubble wrap and a used jiffy bag is substantial enough protection for 30+ year old plastic. So one part is damaged. It's really not worth the hassle and agro of opening a claim on the damage but it really rubs salt in the wound. And I've been having such a good run with ebay lately, knew it couldn't last. :roll:

Rant over.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Bad new's, sorry for you. Don't give up on ebay though, still some good people on their. :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
As you and I discussed the other weekend about certain FB sellers these are just examples of sellers who are just traders or individuals who have no attachment to what they are selling, so really don't care!
And of course eBay will do absolutely nothing as they are taking their rake of the postage costs.
But as you have said, it's great to get it off your chest! :wink: 8)

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Sorry to hear that mate. I've had my fair share recently with buyers offering f all for items and some in the buyers messages saying it needs a lot of work doing and its for their son. Talk about trying anything to get stuff cheap!

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I had a guy who said he'd combine postage. I won 4 figures at the already inflated price of £4 a figure. He knocked 10% off, so £10.80 instead of £12, and sent them in four individual Jiffy bags. He could of knocked another £2.49 off and sent them in one. What's the point of Royal Mail profiting the stupid twat, and it could of saved a lot of trees, plastic waste and carbon footprint.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
I had a guy who said he'd combine postage. I won 4 figures at the already inflated price of £4 a figure. He knocked 10% off, so £10.80 instead of £12, and sent them in four individual Jiffy bags. He could of knocked another £2.49 off and sent them in one. What's the point of Royal Mail profiting the stupid twat, and it could of saved a lot of trees, plastic waste and carbon footprint.

It makes you wonder had a guy said oh I need to send them separately but in the end were all together talk about a bloody rip off.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Just think yourself lucky you didn't receive a MOC in an ice cream tub with the remnants of its previous occupants, some idiots out there.

Don't give up still some bargains to be had and some decent people out there to buy/sell to. Sadly they are hard to spot amongst the **** covered grapevine of brain dead delinquent lizards....

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Sundancer Squadron said:
Just think yourself lucky you didn't receive a MOC in an ice cream tub with the remnants of its previous occupants, some idiots out there.

:shock:

sparkysx

Sith Lord
unless it was an amazing deal, raise a claim for the damage and you will get the whole lot back! also, it's against ebays rules to charge for petrol/parking/time for posting an item, so you probably will get money back on the postage, best bet is to phone them, they generally side with the buyer.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
p.s, it's easy to open a claim, it's no hassle and you don't even have to speak to the seller.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom