SWFUK

40x loose Star wars figures and accessories 1977-85

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
RichardColeman
New User
New User

40x loose Star wars figures and accessories 1977-85

Postby RichardColeman » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:23 pm

Hi Guys,

Found these items in an old ice cream tub at my mum's house. She used to buy loads of toys from boot fairs and charity shops even after we had all moved out.

Had a vague idea that they might be valuable but had much more interest than I first anticipated. So I thought I would try and find out a bit more about the figures and see if any serious collectors were interested.

I am keen to avoid being seen as a one post wonder, so any questions please ask! I also hope I have given enough background detail.

The link is : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40x-Vintage- ... d87bbc8570

SublevelStudios
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: 40x loose Star wars figures and accessories 1977-85

Postby SublevelStudios » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:46 am

Firstly, welcome.

Secondly, there'll be a lot of interest in this lot if those weapons are 100% legit.

Thirdly, you'd have been better coming here first asking for advice rather than listing it on ebay then 'phishing'. You'd have also been better selling on here individually as you'll get more than selling in bulk AND NO EBAY FEES!!! :D

My honest advice would be to pull your auction and post up on the valuation thread. You've not even mentioned Star Wars in your auction title and that will go against it although I suspect there'll have been quite a few collectors who will have seen it hoping to land a badly listed lot for next to nothing.

Other than that, good luck with the sale, pretty sure it'll go for a pretty sum now.

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:11 am

looks like a lot of them have been painted.

UKS
Regular
Regular

Postby UKS » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:22 am

Yeah pull the auction, get the valuations helped out with in the valuation forum and then resist individually under proper names etc.

(You will probably end up listing the painted rubbish ones as a cheap lot - but some of them should be worth more than you'd get like that)

You may even get some sales here without fees and with a non dodgy buyer!

UKS

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:42 pm

shame about the 'artwork' on anamanam and the imperial dignitary.

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:44 pm

Agree with the others. Also it’s unlikely anyone is going to want all this for a collection, especially on here. Someone will buy it, pair up figures with weapons and sell it all individually. Why don’t you be the one to do it? If a few of those small blasters are the black versions you could have some good value there. I would at least find out if the accessories are genuine, do some research and revise your listing or you could have problems from buyers. If you can’t be bothered you’ll prob still get a fair sum but not as much. Good luck.

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:12 pm

The figures that will be of greatest value and interest to potential buyers are the Last 17 items and in particular Luke Poncho, Imperial Gunner, Lando General, A-Wing Pilot and Amanaman. The value is in the weapons there.

If you are able to confirm originality the value of your list should increase greatly. As mentioned the weapons look metallic or like they have been painted but I expect that this could just be the lighting.

Clear shots of the Palace and Endor Blasters (small black weapons) would be of great use to your listing, as would confirming if the weapons float or sink in the float test.

The following site would be of great use to you:
https://www.imperialgunnery.com/floatdroplighttest.htm

Mini99
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mini99 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:56 pm

sparkysx wrote:shame about the 'artwork' on anamanam and the imperial dignitary.

Do you think?
I thought it made Amanaman look like big bird :lol:

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:02 pm

Mini99 wrote:
sparkysx wrote:shame about the 'artwork' on anamanam and the imperial dignitary.

Do you think?

Amanaman is qaulity and Imperial Dignitary essential in any battle.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

RichardColeman
New User
New User

Postby RichardColeman » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:31 pm

Sorry for any phishing, just listed it and then did a bit of research after being offered 300 for it...
I'm guessing that it could be worth more than that based on what you have all said?
Will do the float test... seriously thinking about pulling the auction and asking for further advice on here... would anyone else advise doing this?

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:47 pm

I see you have ended the auction, if you want max money you need to brake the items up. I would say you have about £300 worth if you did that. Give or take a bit.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:02 am

theforceuk wrote:
Mini99 wrote:

Do you think?

Amanaman is qaulity and Imperial Dignitary essential in any battle.

Yeah but for display purposes these are knackered!

Return to “Ebay Listings”