Loose and carded figure collection

jayjedi

Sith Lord
I am sure some of you saw this, I did bid up to a certain amount but after talking to the guy I was pleased I got outbid. If it is a members lot then I am not being disrespectful but wondered if anyone else bid on it and what you think.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-loose-Star-Wars-Figures-job-lot-1977-1983/333330972608?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I did see this and asked the seller a few questions about his mocs and loose figs. I asked what was original what condition was this and that but he dodged every question.

On close inspection of the images I found the Luke stormtrooper helmet was a potf 2 and the lando general cape looks like tin foil. The viynl cape jawa looks like a cut down Ben cape I could go on but I can't believe it went that high.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
He did tell me that the weapons sank in water which alarmed me a little that someone who didn't seem to know which figures were originally carded and which were recards & which were fake accessories. The loose collection looked great apart from a few bits but I did worry some of the major items may not have been genuine.

stu70

Padawan
Out of interest, what was the Empire K-3PO MOC that was pictured? Never seen anything like that before.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
stu70 said:
Out of interest, what was the Empire K-3PO MOC that was pictured? Never seen anything like that before.
It was a custom figure that was popular about 10 ish years ago, I have one, just a customized C3PO, but it looks nice on display. The seller said that he had collected them over 20 years ago but I was not sure these customs were about then?

Luke hasn't got a foot card and I thought the Star Wars carded figures all had them, it was only later they were sold without them but someone smarter will know better.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
jayjedi said:
stu70 said:
It was a custom figure that was popular about 10 ish years ago, I have one, just a customized C3PO, but it looks nice on display. The seller said that he had collected them over 20 years ago but I was not sure these customs were about then?

Luke hasn't got a foot card and I thought the Star Wars carded figures all had them, it was only later they were sold without them but someone smarter will know better.
As far as I'm aware your correct in that all SW cards had footers.
The card back on the Luke looks wrong and If you notice the Power Droids footer is missing as well.
This looks like one lot to have steered clear of.

stu70

Padawan
jayjedi said:

Thanks for that.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Power droid looks like it's been re sealed with a glue gun it's pissing out the right hand side.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom