Stranger things on ebay

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I put a thread up a while back about how somehow eBay had bought something I was watching and paid for it for me without my knowledge. Well now it's started watching things that I've just looked at, but not watched :shock: :!: I keep finding things on my watch list that I know I didn't watch. Like some trainers I'd looked at yesterday. It's so weird, has anyone else had anything like this? If it is eBay doing this to try to force purchases I will stop using the site.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Are you sure your account hasn't been compromised? Run a full malware scan on your PC and then change your password perhaps.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
You don`t share your ebay account with your children , or you are logged in on a device you share?
I would get ebay to ring you back and try to give you some answers, or if paypal can prove it was your device that authorised the transaction.
But I think now I would change all your details for paypal and ebay under the assumption that somehow someone or something has hacked your account.
Do you use Alexa as that`s been in the news before buying things, and I think Alexa skills can use an ebay app, certainly to check bids, although I don`t know if it can buy as I wont have one in the house due to work.

MightyMike

Padawan
The only thing that has happened to me is that while browsing on my phone app (iPhone), the image has got stuck but the processor hasn't realised this so when I've hit the screen (where no button is displayed) it has actioned what should be there if the screen has refreshed properly.

Most of time I've got away with it but I've had a couple of Buy It Now that I've had to cancel

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Thanks for the replies - except Adam, I never drink in the morning. Nobody else in my house uses or has access to my eBay account, my kids are little uns and my wife doesn't use it. I always log out and turn the PC off when I've finished what I'm doing and no-one else uses my phone. I'm pretty sure I haven't been hacked. Recently had latest version of Windows 10 and antivirus installed by an IT professional. And what would a hacker gain by watching something on my eBay account? It makes no sense. I could have been a bellend and clicked on something by mistake but I doubt it, not half a dozen times.

MightyMike

Padawan
I did get this once when I did a general search for 'Star Wars', it was odd as I've never searched for Emperor's royal guard...

2019-01-17_11-34-40_000 (1).png

Robstyley

Sith Lord
MightyMike said:
I did get this once when I did a general search for 'Star Wars', it was odd as I've never searched for Emperor's royal guard...

2019-01-17_11-34-40_000 (1).png

:lol: :lol: :lol:

**** me sideways and call me Derek :shock:

You'd never be seen again!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom