Found Test Footage

MWave36

As some of you here may recall, a few months ago I posted some images of a trove of old b/w test footage I obtained back in 1980 from the garbage cans used by the building on Tunstead Ave. in San Anselmo during the editing of Empire Strike Back (acquired legally by waiting for the cans to be dumped into the back of a garbage truck). At the time I was inquiring about the potential value, and to give everyone a heads up that I was offering a few of the film cells on eBay. I received a lot of positive feedback, and requests to not chop up the footage but rather to have it all professionally restored, spliced together, and converted to digital for viewing. I also got a lot of offers to help me do this, which I still intend to do after I complete my move from Nevada to Indiana after the New Year. I've attached a couple images of the collection.

Many of the strips are too short to produce anything meaningful, or are too damaged and only have a few clean cells left (although about 80% is still good). These are the strips I have taken four cells from to offer on eBay, which I am about to do again, so don't worry. I'm not chopping up the footage.

Several of you on this and other Star Wars forums asked for advance notice if I were to ever offer cells from this film on eBay, so if you're still interested the listings go live beginning at 3:00 pm PST today, Dec. 15th. Search for the title "Star Wars Episode V Empire Strikes Back • Film Cells from Found b/w Test Footage".

I'll also let you know when the restoration process begins and when the compiled footage is available for viewing.

Thanks.

Len

Attachments

• 2.Table&Floor.jpg
    2.Table&Floor.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 474
  • 3.Table&Shelves.jpg
    3.Table&Shelves.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 471
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom