Unopened, you say?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Well, clearly I must be an idiot, because when I saw this listing...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-War...ecurity-Guard-Unopened-Unpunched/174196253203

... my very first thought was, wow that's an obvious (and not particularly well done) reseal. However clearly I am wrong, because the seller describes the item thus:

"Star Wars Vintage Action Figure - Bespin Security Guard - Unopened & Unpunched
Unopened vintage 1982 The Empire Strikes Back Action Figure, from the Collect all 30 Set.
The Action Figure is in its original packaging, unopened.
Please view all images for close-up shots of what you will receive. We are happy to answer any questions you have.
The clear packaging is not perfect, as displayed in image 3. There is a price label on the top left corner, as displayed in image 4.
We will supply this action figure bubble-wrapped for protection in transit.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
"

It's funny, because both my eyes and my brain were screaming 'incredibly obvious reseal', but the listing informs me that it is in fact 'unopened'... so 'unopened' in fact, that it mentions this several times.

So I hope that settles it.

stu70

Padawan
They've updated the listing description, saying it looks like a partial reseal.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
stu70 said:
They've updated the listing description, saying it looks like a partial reseal.

Thanks for the heads up.

Yes, as of 00:46 on 22/02/20 the following text has now been added to the listing:

"On 21-Feb-20 at 11:58:27 GMT, seller added the following information:
There is a crack on the top left side of the clear packaging, and there is some sellotape holding a crack on the left side.

On 21-Feb-20 at 15:20:29 GMT, seller added the following information:
It is possible that the action figure was opened on the left side, and resealed, as seen in Image 6, but the right side looks to have the original adhesive, as seen in Imag 5
"

It is possible that the action figure was opened? POSSIBLE???!... Yes, and it's possible that night follows day.

Idiot.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Sent him a message a couple of days ago - this is the reply I got:

Hello and thank you for your message.

We received these as part of a collection of around 100 figures, and on original appraisal it looked to be unopened.

We have reviewed this and updated new images and the description, but Ebay unfortunately does not allow us to change the title.

There is a current bidder who we will contact in the event of them winning to explain the exact condition with this new information.

I appreciate your advice.

Cheers,

Ben - Jedi-Robe

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
Sent him a message a couple of days ago - this is the reply I got:

Hello and thank you for your message.

We received these as part of a collection of around 100 figures, and on original appraisal it looked to be unopened.

We have reviewed this and updated new images and the description, but Ebay unfortunately does not allow us to change the title.

There is a current bidder who we will contact in the event of them winning to explain the exact condition with this new information.

I appreciate your advice.

Cheers,

Ben - Jedi-Robe

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

It's not the fact they they got the initial listing wrong so much (amusing and completely inaccurate though it was), it's the fact that when their error is pointed out, they're still not fully acknowledging it. There is zero doubt that this is 100% a reseal. That's fair enough; reseals are a perfectly legitimate part of the hobby, unlike recards. However, to update the listing and still try to imply it might be unopened by only claiming that it might 'possibly' be a reseal is a very poor show. They should have held their hand up and simply admitted they made an error. I'd have a lot more respect for them then.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom