Some advice please

egglett

Padawan
Supporter
Last weekend i bought an a-wing pilot with (original :roll: ) black Endor blaster off ebay. There was only a couple of mins left on the auction blurry pics of the gun but in the listing it said "i have had two other collectors look at it and they agree its correct and its passed float test " So i took a punt!
Today it arrives and low and behold the blaster is repo it doesn't even pass the float test (floats but stays at the bottom when dunked)
So i start proceedings to send it back and also include photos why
I have just received an email from the guy stating that if the weapon is wrong he wont issue my refund
Which has got me thinking he may say that anyway so is there anyway i can protect myself from that
As it stands i have bought a hell of a lot of figures off ebay and had to send a few back for the same reason and have never had an issue
Cheers for any advice

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Simple, open up a dispute with supporting evidence, Post a pic of it here too. Sellers name?

Always be careful of good images of a figure but shonky accessory/weapon images. Stating that two collectors have looked at it and state that its correct is his weasel way denying any responsibility and means nothing. Stating that it is correct could also (and most likely) be a snide play on words, whilst its the ''correct'' type, is it an original vintage weapon?....

Dont be fooled by the ''hay its floating, must be original'' there is unfortunately much floating **** on ebay being passed off as legit. And another one to look out for, calling a modern retro collection weapon original. Yes its original but its an official modern copy by Hasbro. See what i'm getting at?

Stick some images up, and i'm sure a few of us will give it a look over.

egglett

Padawan
Supporter
Seems i was worried over nothing!.
I told the guy to send me a return label and he has issued me a full refund :shock: as he didn't know how to do it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom