eBay VAT added

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
So I've just purchased a card back for best offer price and gone to the check out only to find 20% VAT is added to the item and postage! No indication of this before I agreed to buy the item. Just ridiculous, ended up paying the original price for it. lol

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Was it from Europe or the UK?

Europe, Ireland I get why I've been charged VAT, but its the way ebay added it on at the check out, really sneaky.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
theforceuk said:
edd_jedi said:
Yes, Brexit I'm afraid.

It's ok because Britain will be great again.

One day maybe, but not with the baboon in charge!

Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.

Palifan

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
edd_jedi said:

Europe, Ireland I get why I've been charged VAT, but its the way ebay added it on at the check out, really sneaky.

Sorry to hear this and I mentioned this VAT charge in another thread recently but I thought it started the 20% extra in the listing. We were all thinking that some sellers might have to charge this and maybe others not so it's a bit alarming to hear that this was added without you knowing about it until after purchasing.

I feel eBay will need to be upfront about this or they may end up with a lot of cancelled sales.

Ian

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
theforceuk said:
edd_jedi said:

Sorry to hear this and I mentioned this VAT charge in another thread recently but I thought it started the 20% extra in the listing. We were all thinking that some sellers might have to charge this and maybe others not so it's a bit alarming to hear that this was added without you knowing about it until after purchasing.v

I feel eBay will need to be upfront about this or they may end up with a lot of cancelled sales.

Ian

It was added at the check out stage so I could have not purchased the item, but I think it's unfair on the seller once you have agreed to buy it, albeit for more than I had agreed.

Thanks for the wise words Michael Sith I am wandering when Britain was great to make it great again! lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom