These look Like fake Palitoys

georgejetson

Padawan
Be careful. The punches look off. Also the cardboard foot inset on the DSD looks brand new with no curve that normally would have occured by now. I am no Palitoy expert, but these look fake. :|

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-1977-STAR-WARS-DEATH-STAR-DROID-MINT-CARD-/260859555039?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item3cbc70ecdf#ht_500wt_951

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-1977-STAR-WARS-JAWA-MINT-CARD-/260859559705?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item3cbc70ff19#ht_500wt_951

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
I'm not sure on these. I was tempted to say the jawa looks ok but is like to hear from one of the palitoy collectors.

Stuarte76

Youngling
I'm no expert but I thought the 12 and 21 backs had the weapons in hand, the jawa blaster looks taped to the side as you can just make out the hand behind the blaster. Not 100% tho

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
Gotta say the cardstock on the DSD looks good. Maybe that's why the Palitoy guys are keeping quiet as you've just outed some treasure? :lol:

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
I contacted the guy and asked if he had a buy it mowing mind and he replied that he was going to let the auction run. He seemed a genuine bloke who didn't know what he was sat on and said he had absolutely no idea what they were worth. I though both cards looked pretty good to me

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Im guessing either he got offered what he thought was a sum that was too good to be true and took it off............or he was inundated with questions and offers and he has pulled the auctions to do further research.

Either way I think they both look ok. His Tri Logo 8D8 also ended early didnt it? Maybe a group buy for someone out there?

georgejetson

Padawan
I am sorry.To me they still look fake. I hope no one here payed to much. Again I am no expert, but I have problems with them. Then again I am Meccano, not Palitoy. I hope no one is offended by me outing the auction, just trying to protect peoples money. I couldn't sleep at night buying these. These are no intrest to me so weather they are real or fake makes no diffference to me, but they seem fake. If someone made out with my post I am happy as money is no object to me.

AGAIN SORRY!

georgejetson

Padawan
Stuarte76 said:
I'm no expert but I thought the 12 and 21 backs had the weapons in hand, the jawa blaster looks taped to the side as you can just make out the hand behind the blaster. Not 100% tho

Sorry. I thought there was no rule to outing. For now on as I find interesting auctions that don't apply to me that may help others I will not post. Againg "SORRY"

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Don't be sorry, nobody is mad at you. It's good to question stuff on ebay, but opinions can vary.

And you were right about there being no rule against outing.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
They looked original to me, as said already the seller didn't quite know what he had.
The bubble on the DSD looks totally original as does the foot plate. The Jawa looks right also correct bubble etc. I base this on comparison to the original examples in my collection.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Stuarte76 said:

Not all 12/20s have weapons in hand, my Jawa, Leia, small and large head Han and Snaggletooth examples all have their guns taped to the side of their bubbles and yes they are 100% original examples, check my showcase.

But as said there is nothing wrong with questioning if not sure!

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
They look real to me. As for outing, any of us with half a brain, a keyboard and an internet connection can find ebay auctions..........we are not that other pompous site. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom