Latest Modern Acquisitions

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Yeah - added you the list so far and I now have 52 VC figures in-hand or on order.
There seems to be a Rumor that this year could see the end of the VC line, so that helps. I think if I tried to get all 160+ basic figures and all the multi-packs I might end up in a lot of trouble....
I think I will start looking for AOTC and ROTS figures soon - sooo annoying as I owned them all back in the day. Oh well - circle of collection :)

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Yeah - added you the list so far and I now have 52 VC figures in-hand or on order.
There seems to be a Rumor that this year could see the end of the VC line, so that helps. I think if I tried to get all 160+ basic figures and all the multi-packs I might end up in a lot of trouble....
I think I will start looking for AOTC and ROTS figures soon - sooo annoying as I owned them all back in the day. Oh well - circle of collection :)

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Two more to add.
I have to say had enough of star action figures. After the Mess up with the last order (which they refunded, not what I asked them to do, and they never emailed me back) I now have a second order with them That I have limited faith will arrive, my fault for mixing in stock items with pre-orders, but that seems to be such a basic e-commerce function I just assumed they could cope.... anyway - I will leave the order open (since they never reply to emails anyway) and if they ever turn up fine if not lesson learnt . So tracking down of evilbay for the last few it is....
Anyway - frustration rant over.... VC goodness to follow...

Attachments

• 65F030AA-0C3C-4681-86FC-A0ABAAE2DC21.jpeg
    65F030AA-0C3C-4681-86FC-A0ABAAE2DC21.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 1,205

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Some very nice pick ups guys, just a note. Hasbro will be re-releasing some of the EP1 AOTC et al prequel figures, Maul is one of the first to be done i think.

Anyone got a VC mimban spare? :D :lol:

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Every day is like Christmas right now... stuff just keeps coming.
So the CN box sets are amazing. I never actually owned them back in the day so happy to have now. Sadly the US import charges where out of this world and more than the four sets....

The VC fig is just another in the line to get all Disney film figs in this range.

Attachments

• 1EDB39B6-6019-46FB-9903-B5A98FB915D1.jpeg
    1EDB39B6-6019-46FB-9903-B5A98FB915D1.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 1,173
  • 49A288F8-CDD8-4751-9AAD-5767A901CEDE.jpeg
    49A288F8-CDD8-4751-9AAD-5767A901CEDE.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 1,172
  • 2BD3C6A4-2DAA-4920-9749-35593A83A8B7.jpeg
    2BD3C6A4-2DAA-4920-9749-35593A83A8B7.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 1,172
  • 1A431DB3-3A96-4A6E-B3AE-E01A9FB1B210.jpeg
    1A431DB3-3A96-4A6E-B3AE-E01A9FB1B210.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 1,170
  • 804356FD-42BE-4043-9726-F61D3841B4BB.jpeg
    804356FD-42BE-4043-9726-F61D3841B4BB.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 1,175

chiffy

Sith Lord
monkey_roo said:
Two more to add.
I have to say had enough of star action figures. After the Mess up with the last order (which they refunded, not what I asked them to do, and they never emailed me back) I now have a second order with them That I have limited faith will arrive, my fault for mixing in stock items with pre-orders, but that seems to be such a basic e-commerce function I just assumed they could cope.... anyway - I will leave the order open (since they never reply to emails anyway) and if they ever turn up fine if not lesson learnt . So tracking down of evilbay for the last few it is....
Anyway - frustration rant over.... VC goodness to follow...

SAF are just about the best out there. Most online toy shops go by the same deal nowadays and it's quite simple. If you want something that's in stock or coming in pretty soon then dont mix it with a pre order a few months away or they will hold it. It's to save on postage costs. I have just switched from SAF to ID Toys as they seem to dispatch quicker but ive had my Commander Fox on hold for ages now whilst everyone else has got theres. Theyre holding onto it till my incinerator helmet is released. Pretty gutted but thats how it is and i understand. Just order figures single file but pay the postage each time if you want everything on release date. The good thing is at least when peeps are moaning about not being able to get hold of something you can live smug in the knowledge that you have 1 put by no matter how long it takes to arrive :mrgreen:

chiffy

Sith Lord
Click and collect today from Smyths is the way to go. I can't say i'm looking forward to photos of delivery of this guy thru Hermes!

tNm4vkn.jpg

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Hey Chiffy

Got to say first - nice Jet trooper - i am glad i've stayed away from the Black Series as that would be a rabbit hole too far for me - it looks great.

On the on line shop front i have to disagree a bit.

I don't for a moment think anyone sets out to provide a bad experience and people as a rule really want to do their best. But there is a world of different between that intention and the reality and most comes down to individual interactions. In this case my frustration comes from multiple orders not quite going right. Delays with one, the wrong thing sent with another (although refunded), zero communication... That is a very personal experience.

That said in the 21st C there are just basics of online shopping that should be expected and having customers adjust their behavior and pay more to cover shortfalls in feature capability is not the correct approach. The rational for not splitting orders to save on shipping is one that makes sense, but also it is just wrong. That said IDT do the same, but they had the sense to build some logic into their platform that prevents in-stock and pre-order items being in the basket together - problem solved (Still not great though). adding business logic to allow part shipment and simple multi-charge shipping is something fulfillment systems back in the 90's could do... or eat the shipping cost and retain the customer loyalty over years, the long term income will more than make up for a few quid on shipping.

I don't think anyone expects smaller stores to be Amazon, but unfortunately that is the baseline for expectations in this day and age when it comes to online shopping. In SAF's case i would say ForbiddenPlanet is their big online competitor so as a minimum they should measure up against them feature and experience wise. Having stock is critical of course, but the experience and interaction is just as important and if the latter is below that of your competitors (and your stock and price isn't vastly different or more compelling) then eventually you will have an issue. It's why Lego just overhauled their ecommerce platform. Despite their brand loyalty and stock etc. people still preferred to shop online elsewhere as the experience was just so bad on Legos old site and actually damaging to their reputation, especially when they ran promotions and the site crashed. (although not exactly a like for like comparison, nearly an example). although it does lead me to another point, sites crashing in this day and age when busts capability in places like AWS is ubiquitous is unforgivable, and if you can't afford AWS there are thousands of smaller outfits. Force Friday was always going to be a big thing and any company linked to it should have scaled accordingly.

Perhaps i have a more unrealistic exception in this area (years running online platforms and fulfillment systems) but it does really annoy me when people don't pay attention to these sorts of features (while i think about it the ability to cancel, track and amend an order seems pretty simple as well).

I am sure SAF want to provide the best possible service and as a small outfit have to look at where they invest carefully, however, for me the basics just haven't worked out, so it will be ForbiddenPlanet whenever possible, at least for now...

chiffy

Sith Lord
Oh yeah man dont get me wrong i quite agree. Nowadays postage costs from an online retailer, especially loyal 1s as you say, should be a thing of the past but i suppose small sellers compared to the big boys have to do thisd and the proofs in the pudding. I also am in full agreement re the farce of force friday! The site crash experience was an absolute joke and im sure wasnt meant to happen but measures shoudve been put in place and they know for next time. The amount of customers they mustve lost cos of it and this was the very reason i switched to ID. Lat point, the black series, i wish it would ****in end! It's costing me a fortune and having to store my stuff instead of display it cos theres that much is becoming a slight ballache :lol:

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Back to the VC goodness - this one is awesome...

Attachments

• 8ED9B3F4-FE78-4ACE-A7C3-38FBBAC2870D.jpeg
    8ED9B3F4-FE78-4ACE-A7C3-38FBBAC2870D.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,033

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Good pick ups guys well done, for me just managed to bag a BS 6inch scarif squad leader on ebay. Missed out on the AT.ACT trooper and the hover tank pilot though as I fell asleep after work :roll:, still one figure closer to completing the Rogue One set so im happy.

If anyone has the following figures that they are looking to move on then let me know, then thats me finally done for this lot then ill move on to finishing off the Solo run.

AT-ACT Driver
Shoretrooper
Imperial Assault Tank Driver
could do with a couple of death troopers as well maybe.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
My daughter just got these -
The SS Animated Fett is gorgeous, colours just make him stand out on the shelf.
Her Koto Jaina Solo is my favourite though, just really cool sculpt.

Attachments

• IMG_20191108_160653.jpg
    IMG_20191108_160653.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 976

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Outside of pre-orders this is the last of the Disney film figures collected.
I am keeping my eye out for well priced prequel VC figures now. But do need to hold off for a bit.... getting silly again.

Attachments

• E69DEA04-072F-40BA-BDD9-64CB22063641.jpeg
    E69DEA04-072F-40BA-BDD9-64CB22063641.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,174

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
You are doing well roo, they are going to be doing some re releases of prequel figures so yes it might well be worth holding out on some. Id like to get Ashoka Tano at some point but not into paying the dumb prices some of these go for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom