Latest Modern Acquisitions

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
The89thchris
New User
New User

Re: Latest Modern Acquisitions

Post by The89thchris »

@Mini99 Don't worry about being over at Tantive or not. You've got more posts here than I've got everywhere combined. :lol: I just like checking out what's going on over here now and then.

@grinchy That R2 looks amazing! I've thought about getting one before but I picked up the sphero electronic one on sale, that thing is way more impressive than it gets credit for. With a little black wash, it would look pretty great and all the light features are pretty screen accurate. Plus you can chase the cat around with it. :lol: I doubt I'll splurge on a Sideshow piece with that kicking around, but clearly the paint job and the drink tray accessories are brilliant on that one. :shock:

@Sundancer Squadron I'm sure I did scoop it from an employee. Makes it just a little sweeter. :lol: AND I've got just about enough 5poa Rogue One Stormtroopers to display it properly. God bless those guys who are going to spend three times the cost of the vehicle to fill it with the new VC stormtroopers.

grinchy
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by grinchy »

Cheers mate, I've seen the sphero, very nice, no animals to chase though :D
IF I WOKE UP TOMMOROW WITH MY HEAD SEWN TO THE CARPET I WOULDN'T BE MORE SURPRISED THAN I AM NOW
YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES!

Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

Ruby2511 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:46 pm
grinchy wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:13 pm
Great to see you over here mate, love the mando troop transporter, very nice
Well my 1/6 scale collecting has another one to add to the pile, this time a 1/6 scale deluxe sideshow R2, has so many options a very nice piece

It lights up but has no sounds which i don't mind as i'd hardly ever use that function anyway

Stunning piece Grinchy, nice addition to your lovely collection 😎👍
Wow...that R2 is really nice!

grinchy
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by grinchy »

Thanks bud, appreciate it, I don't have it in hand yet but it'll be here soon, can't wait to add it to my detolf with ben and luke :D
IF I WOKE UP TOMMOROW WITH MY HEAD SEWN TO THE CARPET I WOULDN'T BE MORE SURPRISED THAN I AM NOW

grinchy
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by grinchy »

Well it came today, very impressed with him, the light up feature is very cool in person
took a couple of shots with the extras attached, i won't be using them but its nice to have the option

Ruby2511
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Ruby2511 »

grinchy wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:07 pm
Well it came today, very impressed with him, the light up feature is very cool in person
took a couple of shots with the extras attached, i won't be using them but its nice to have the option
The detailing is amazing, nice piece 😎😎😎
Hi i'm Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

grinchy
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by grinchy »

Cheers mate it is very cool, glad to have him, only thing is now I need a 3P0! :D

theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by theforceuk »

50p charity shop pick up. :D
image.jpg
image.jpg (142.9 KiB) Viewed 215 times
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Sundancer Squadron
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by Sundancer Squadron »

At last, Mando' arrived. Posty decided to just dump it on the door step rather than the specific parcel/post box. Poor thing was sat on the door step for two or three days............Glad it didn't rain. :roll: :lol:

I forgot to get hold of Cara so ill have to try and find one at some point, baby yoda species on pre order so ill have the whole line soon enough. Until they give us a few more characters, and god knows when that will be.
Attachments
IMG_0261 (2).JPG
IMG_0261 (2).JPG (97.18 KiB) Viewed 168 times
Wanted
Legacy collection AT-TE Millennium Falcon

Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

Sundancer Squadron wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:31 pm
At last, Mando' arrived. Posty decided to just dump it on the door step rather than the specific parcel/post box. Poor thing was sat on the door step for two or three days............Glad it didn't rain. :roll: :lol:

I forgot to get hold of Cara so ill have to try and find one at some point, baby yoda species on pre order so ill have the whole line soon enough. Until they give us a few more characters, and god knows when that will be.
Mine arrived Monday, really please with this one.
Looking forward to getting Baby Yoda later this year.

Sundancer Squadron
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

I'm really surprised that the little one wasnt released along side Mando; would of made business sense but yeah ok Hasbro making sense. Any character that you are looking forward to specifically or something you'd like to see?
Wanted

Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

Sundancer Squadron wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:57 pm
I'm really surprised that the little one wasnt released along side Mando; would of made business sense but yeah ok Hasbro making sense. Any character that you are looking forward to specifically or something you'd like to see?
I would like to see a some of the aliens, possibly the Ugnaught with his ride or maybe the Twi’lek from ep6?
The blue alien in ep1 would also make a great figure.

Sundancer Squadron
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Hmm id love to see both a twin pack blurg and Kuill, maybe even a twin pack Mando' on a blurg or a dewback to cover. Dewback already made so wouldn't be to hard for them to do, oh and the Armourer as well wouldn't go a miss.

As for the aliens, id like to see a Nikto and one or two Klatoonian as we have never had any of those in 6inch form and at least one Trandoshan would be on the top of the list for me. I dont think we have ever had any other Trandoshan other than Boskk in any scale have we?
Wanted

Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

Some great choices, fingers crossed we see some more later this year.🤞