Advice

sith-smith

Grand Master
I bought one of these on behalf of a friend.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AAAQ%3AUK%3A1&viewitem=&item=190048288295&rd=1

It never arrived and so I complained to the seller.

He took ages to reply, but and I opened a dispute.

It turns out he sent the item, but it went to the wrong address.

I contacted the delivery company, but after another month they eventually told me the parcel could be located.

They said the seller need to claim from them.

I have contacted the seller twice buthe is refusing to respond.

Is there anything I can do?

jayjedi

Sith Lord
claim through paypal , neg him then stab the bastard.

surely he is not that unreasonable to claim through the delivery company :roll: why cant you claim , that seems an odd policy

sith-smith

Grand Master
jayjedi said:
claim through paypal , neg him then stab the bastard.

surely he is not that unreasonable to claim through the delivery company :roll: why cant you claim , that seems an odd policy

Can't. It was last year. It's taken so long to get to this point.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I believe Paypal has a 45 day limit to open disputes but if it was last year then you have passed that anyway.

However you said you had already opened the dispute so unless it had been resolved surely you can still continue your claim?

sith-smith

Grand Master
Well technically they seller sent the item. Plus it was over 90 days and the dispute has closed.

The only problem I have is that the seller seems unwilling to help me.

Bastard.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
You got his address?
Turn up on his front door and do some of your ninja ****, that'll change his mind about helping you! :wink: :lol:

lee gray

Sith Lord
weasel said:
You got his address?
Turn up on his front door and do some of your ninja ****, that'll change his mind about helping you! :wink: :lol:
lol

I once sent a game to someone from my neo geo forums i belong to using their paypal address then about two hours a fter i sent it the guy pmed me and asked if i could send it to a diff address as the paypal addy was his old one but it was too late, luckily the old address was his parents so they sent him it once they got it

nothing worse though when trying to sort something out with someone and they dont bother replying, i would rather they emailed me calling me a **** as atleast you know you got communication

AndyG

Jedi Knight
I'd still open up a dispute with paypal anyway - you will not get your money back but it will go as strike against his paypal account and he may decide to cooperate anyway to get you to remove the strike.

Unless negotiation works, small claims is probably the only way to resolve it.

Bespin_Doyle

Padawan
sith-smith said:
Can I still do that even though it last year?

Well, well, http://www.batsonstoys.com strikes again..
He's based in Redditch couple of miles from me, he had a small warehouse on the far side of Redditch in the industrial estate area. But I doubt if hes still there, also his website looks a little stagnated of recent. Think he might have gone completely to eBay now, like the way of most small internet toy stores these days. Theres some contact details on this website.

P.S. He also sells whats left of DTSabers.com. Best repro 'telescoping sabers' around. Original guy 'ReValveiT' packed it in couple of years ago. He was getting too much stick from purists (Actually all they wanted him to do was put his 'name brand' on the hilt, so they don't get abused for the real thing)
Now Batson bought the stock and maybe the moulds, I think. I don't condone distribution of fairly common repro items, it causes collectors alot of pain.
But I do own a set (Blue,Red & Yellow) DTsabers for 'display purposes only' from ReValveiT. The real things? ive no real hope of owning.

But this Batson guy has started doing Speeder bike repro parts? e.g. Flaps, Underside guns and Handle bars. Now thats something you don't need out in the world. Theres still quite enough real ones to go around for everybody. In my opinion. :x

gustie

Sith Lord
wow this is an old post but im gunna ask anyways...

i just got a rooky vader and i think the saber might be one of these repros

its made of orange plastic and there is a slight ridge both sides where you can see the mold didnt quite match up properly.

ive looked at jawas armoury and am still not 100% if this is real or a ReValveiT repro

i did the water test and this one sinks....

any ideas??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom