POTF2 Y-Wing

spoons

Grand Master
My first time in the modern section and it feels a bit wierd :?

I did expect to see a load of new names but it seems its just the vintage lot posting in here.

Don't know if anyone can help but when they updated the vintage line of ships for the POTF2 line how did they make the add ons different.

I relaised that the bulk of the craft got a new paint job or were moulded in a different colour plastic but is there any difference between the vintage Y-Wing struts and the modern struts, or the AT-ST top gun and the modern top gun?

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Hi Spoons,

The struts on my modern OTC Y-Wing look almost identical to the vintage struts, colour shape and size. Mine is still boxed so sadly I can't get a closer look.

I also have a modern POTF AT-ST as well but its packed away at the moment. As far as I can remember the top gun on it was identical to that of the vintage version but as I can't see it right now I am not 100% sure.

Hope this is helpful.

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Check this pic out of the Modern AT-ST :arrow:

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/potf2/POTF2atstcanopy2.jpg

The modern gun may be slightly lighter than the vintage but I'm not 100% on this :roll:

spoons

Grand Master
cheers coco

I've got the vintage Y-Wing struts and At-St top gun but I thought that I had seen darker versions for sale on ebay, and wondered if they were modern being passed off as vintage. It may just have been the quality of the photos.

cocofstar

Sith Lord
I don't have a POTF Y-Wing so here is a pic :arrow:

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/potf2/POTF2ywingbk.jpg

The struts on this version appear to be darker and possibly weathered.

Do they look like the ones you seen on eBay?

spoons

Grand Master
I haven't seen that pic before. The struts look the same colour as the vintage but i agree they do look weathered.

leaves me none the wiser, maybe the struts were made in different colour plastics in different places?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom