Modern wanted thread

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
David Tree
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Modern wanted thread

Post by David Tree »

£3.50 in the shop plus postage :)
artstu
New User
New User

Post by artstu »

I’m trying to build an army, so if anyone has any Vintage Collection VC41 Stormtroopers [pref non-carded], please drop me a PM.
Thanks.
roundster
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by roundster »

Wanted - biker Scout and Speeder 2012 TRU exclusive.

Just wondered if anyone had one of these lying around?

Hoping to set up this, the 12" version and the new 6" version when it comes out!
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=12256 - Feedback

Looking for ROTJ Anakin Offer ROTJ MOCs
starshipriot
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by starshipriot »

I was a 90s kid, and as horrifically muscled the POTF2 line was, it was still what I grew up with. My only vintage figures back in those days were car boot finds, long since lacking accessories.

Anyone got any loose, complete POTF2 figures? The early ones first, stormtrooper, vader, monkey face leia, han, chewie, boba fett, the R5D4 that became a weapon etc? Don't want to spent too much, as they're fairly cheap on ebay, but thought if someone wanted to get rid of some, I may be interested!
db94
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by db94 »

Sorry don't have any but it's nice to read about someone that likes these figures - for me I've always disliked them, as a 70's kid I was so excited to hear about new "modern" figures being released in the 90's. Thought they would be a more detailed version of the originals so you can imagine how disappointed I was when I made the trip to my local Argos to find the body builder versions!!!!! But as you say if that was the style you grew up with and played with you're always going to have a fondness for them. Good luck with tracking some down :)
starshipriot
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by starshipriot »

Haha thank you. Yeah they do look largely like shit, you can't deny that. I like them because as a kid, my vintage figures I knew not to be too rough with them, they were collectibles to me not toys.

The modern figures I could be a kid with and not have to treat them so good! Though the muscular thing is stupid, I can't help but think they look somewhat akin to the 70s and 80s marvel comics versions. In the comics they always seemed really muscular and bulky, and even the original star wars poster with luke holding his lightsaber aloft over his head, he was painted built like a brick shit house. So I do feel that the muscular stature of most of the main characters has been overly exaggerated way before the toyline came out!
db94
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by db94 »

starshipriot wrote:I can't help but think they look somewhat akin to the 70s and 80s marvel comics versions. In the comics they always seemed really muscular and bulky
Hey I totally get that, I have a few marvel comics from back in the day and your 100% right. Bloody hell you've just increased my appreciation for a range of figures that I pretty much hated previously. If I start collecting them my wife will hunt you down!!!!!!!!!!
jackabina
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by jackabina »

I looking to buy a 12" tie pilot please.
Pop me line if you can help.
Much appreciated :D
If ignorance is bliss, you lot must be in a permanent state of orgasm!
brownbear29
Regular
Regular

Post by brownbear29 »

Interested in picking up some loose modern figures for my little lad. Nothing too fancy, don't have to have weapons, but preferably some well known characters. He's also into the clone wars cartoons atm, so they'd be fine too.

Oh, and if you happen to be getting rid of EV-9D9 and Gam Guard potf2 mocs, I'd be interested.

Cheers.
I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win.
Obi-wan focus - seeking low-end SW, ESB & POTF MOCs
My Feedback | My WTB | My FS
khayman
Regular
Regular

Post by khayman »

Want to buy carded expanded universe figures - darth malgus and starkiller and black series darth plageus.
Prices seem really high for the expanded universe - were they a short run or is it collectors buying up bulk?
chiffy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by chiffy »

The last years worth of EU, taking Malgus for an example, have been 1 to a box mate. That is why they are like rocking horse shit. Malgus is actually the easiest figure of the hard 1's to get hold of if that makes any sense. Unless you got unlimited funds to pay the stupid prices for a modern figure then youve not got much chance of getting hold of a Bastila Shan, Starkiller or Shae Visla i'm afraid.
I do have a spare Malgus you can have for £22 plus postage. They are fetching £30 minimum on the bay last time i looked. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

Somewhere beneath the murky Dagobah swamp lies chiffy's feedback thread. Please use or abuse.
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=13553
rusty
New User
New User

Post by rusty »

Hi everyone. I think this might be the right thread...

Looking for a half-decent sotrmtrooper or boba fett helmet, not the run-of-the-mill half masks or darth vader voice changer helmets like a lot of kids have, but something a bit more decent.
I don't mind getting a plastic-y not-great one, I can't spend anything like £100+ which most seem to go for. Any cheaper than that seem awful- only half a mask or just reslly rubbish.

Are there bargain ones I can get out there? Would it be worth getting a kit if it's cheaper?

Thanks.
chiffy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by chiffy »

The 2009 Hasbro helmet that came out in the shops was and still is fantastic in my opinion. I paid £5 for mine from a car boot but ive just checked ebay and theres 1 with 3 days to go and its upto £45 already! It's got the usual speech and lights.......
I think in general they are like rocking horse shit but there's a rubies boxed one here at the moment for a bargain price......http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boba-Fett-Hel ... 338e69beb5

Somewhere beneath the murky Dagobah swamp lies chiffy's feedback thread. Please use or abuse.
db94
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by db94 »

Had one of those in my hand a few years back in Tesco, was reduced down to £9.99 but the box was damaged and I sulked when they wouldn't knock any money off and didn't buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a tit
chiffy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by chiffy »

Gutted mate. It's the best ' toy ' helmet theyve done in my opinion. The Clone Trooper helmets are pretty good aswell IMO. Don't know how many there actually are but i've got 2 diffo ones. I had to get rid of the 2 piece vader voice changer cos its in 2 parts and does my head in on display.