Modern collection thread

grinchy

Sith Lord
Thought i'd start of a modern collection thread, feel free to show your modern stuff off here, i know a few of us collect both modern and vintage and after chatting with a fellow member on here we thought we might get this stickied, any chance mods?
Well my daughter left home and off to Uni last year and is really doing well, so that left her room empty, and my wife said i could use her room for a star wars den, so thats what i have done, its a small box room but enough space for me
heres my vintage cabinet
vint_zps1pq06mia.jpg

and the rest is all modern
DSCF5771_zpszpwj0oet.jpg

my repainted falcon and x wing
DSCF5772_zpskateh3yu.jpg

DSCF5774_zpsgktraofv.jpg

DSCF5773_zpshjvgraxi.jpg

DSCF5776_zpsiqczitcj.jpg

Still tweaking it but i'm happy with where its at so far

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Great collection Grinchy, that Falcon is a beast! :D
I like the mix of vintage and modern (and even EP7). Sacrilege to some people on here but I love it! :lol:

chiffy

Sith Lord
Absolutly awesome Grinchmeister! I wish i could use nice looking glass display cabinets in my man loft but the flooring is not as level as id like it to be so they wouldnt be safe. Love the full size helmets, the kids versions look better than rubies most of the time! I might pop up there now and take a few snaps of my **** for yall to peruse but be warned its more like a Wattos junk shop! :lol:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Grinchy...that looks great on display and your Mrs has got her lounge back :lol: love the mix of modern and vintage.
That falcon is gigantic :!: great weathering job as well ...skills.

Chiffy....some awesome display up in the loft, super display , rancorous is bloody massive, love the lighting as well.
Some memories there as well with the consoles
Vintage goodness abounds 8)

Great idea for a thread thanks for putting it up.

grinchy

Sith Lord
Thanks mate, glad you like the display, and chiffy, just wow! love how its all set out, looks like a cool retro shop space! so many cool goodies, love the vintage displays and the strip lighting is ace, very nice, and lots more vintage goodies to, i did plan on doing a mixed display at first but i quickly ran out of room before i got that far, i'll find a place for it all eventually

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Top notch displays chaps! Chiffy that collection is a beast. Also like the lighting, gives it atmosphere and looks very cool. I am partial to a little modern but mines all packed away at the mo. Vintage has commandeered the display space. Should have more space when I move so may do a separate modern display.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
grinchy said:
Thought i'd start of a modern collection thread, feel free to show your modern stuff off here, i know a few of us collect both modern and vintage and after chatting with a fellow member on here we thought we might get this stickied, any chance mods?

Great idea. I was thinking where I could put pics of my Slave Leia collection... :D

chiffy

Sith Lord
Well here goes nothing :mrgreen: A bump and a sticky request please any admin passing thru??? Grinchy, just looking at your display again from the original post and it made me all tingly like Garth in Waynes World :lol:

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
Fantastic use of loft space Chiffy, I can see you have been a dedicated collector for years. I like the N64 Pickachu console too.

You are a lucky man Grinchy to have a whole room for star wars, some great modern pieces there.

I'd like to add my support for a sticky modern collectors thread. Being a teacher I now have a nice long summer to mess around with my collection, and I'll put a modern section together for this thread later.

grinchy

Sith Lord
cheers mate, yeah its only a small room but I love it, got the thread stickied guys so feel free to add your own modern collections in here

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
My modern collection is rather small, but for what it is worth, here it is:

sy06ee.jpg

2v2uxk8.jpg

I just dabble in it from time to time.

chiffy

Sith Lord
Love that Lando trilogy card Wooly! The rest of it is **** tho'! Only messin' i aint even got any of them lovely display cabinets so i'm well jel already :lol:

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
Thanks for the kind words folks, but it is is rather small, and the loose a bit pitiful :lol: , but I thought the modern thread needed a bit of love as it can be a bit quiet down here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom