Latest Modern Acquisitions

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Latest Modern Acquisitions

Post by Palifan »

cheungministro wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 3:02 pm

Solo Wave 4 pick-ups from the Entertainer online store. I never saw this Wave in the shops with the other figures, but admittedly I haven't looked for a while! Are there many about? Was only really interested in this wave because it included more characters from the movie than others

I just pulled the trigger on some of these as well to more or less complete the run I was after. Other than the very start of Solo I still quite like the film and as this is a short run of figures I fancied picking some of them up. I've been really impressed with the sculpts on these figures and think that Hasbro really kept moving things forward with this scale of figures up to now.

I'm sort of glad that they didn't carry on with this standard film release of 3.75 figures for TROS as I really am done with collecting these figures but as I hate having incomplete sets I felt I needed to finish off Solo (although I tend to just go for characters released in the films and not the extra ones they re-pack or the ones added to vehicles ect).

Thanks for your posting and making me aware and hopefully they'll arrive in decent shape.

Ian

Sundancer Squadron
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by Sundancer Squadron »

On the most part, you'll be fine. We have to keep in mind that the majority of the SW stock that the Entertainer gets hold are over stock from Eu and Canadian retailers/distributors. So you will find cases are cherry picked however you can get the odd solid unpicked case pop up from time to time.
I liked the line, and you are right they did improve it. Its sad that it was right at the tail end of them cutting off the toy line entirely, some of these characters have not even made it to the VC carded line yet unfortunately, so the toy line will be the only way that you can get some of the interesting characters, Rio and Mimban Han being just two of them amongst others.

Try and get Enfys nest speeder bike if you can, its rather nice and not available in the VC line and probably wont ever be. Now this brings up a good point, some of the vehicles in the toy line are not available in the VC line yet they compliment them very well and look good on display. I should of picked up the Hoth Wompa/luke set that was available, purely for the Wompa as he is rather nice indeed.
Wanted
Legacy collection AT-TE Millennium Falcon

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Palifan »

Sundancer Squadron wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:23 pm

Try and get Enfys nest speeder bike if you can, its rather nice and not available in the VC line and probably wont ever be. Now this brings up a good point, some of the vehicles in the toy line are not available in the VC line yet they compliment them very well and look good on display. I should of picked up the Hoth Wompa/luke set that was available, purely for the Wompa as he is rather nice indeed.
I did see quite a few of those swoop bikes at Entertainer when I was in there last. They did catch my eye and look really nice and they were on discount but I let it go in the end as I know that I'll never have anywhere to display it.

I can't pick up everything but it was nice to get some more of these and I agree that some of the other releases from this line are really nice.

Ian

cheungministro
New User
New User

Post by cheungministro »

Palifan wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:04 pm
cheungministro wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 3:02 pm

Solo Wave 4 pick-ups from the Entertainer online store. I never saw this Wave in the shops with the other figures, but admittedly I haven't looked for a while! Are there many about? Was only really interested in this wave because it included more characters from the movie than others

I just pulled the trigger on some of these as well to more or less complete the run I was after. Other than the very start of Solo I still quite like the film and as this is a short run of figures I fancied picking some of them up. I've been really impressed with the sculpts on these figures and think that Hasbro really kept moving things forward with this scale of figures up to now.

I'm sort of glad that they didn't carry on with this standard film release of 3.75 figures for TROS as I really am done with collecting these figures but as I hate having incomplete sets I felt I needed to finish off Solo (although I tend to just go for characters released in the films and not the extra ones they re-pack or the ones added to vehicles ect).

Thanks for your posting and making me aware and hopefully they'll arrive in decent shape.

Ian
Glad to spread the knowledge - just need that Quay Tolsite to come back in stock :D
TFA Singles - 97% complete avg £4 each
TFA Doubles - 89% complete avg £6.50 each
R1 Singles - 96% complete avg £6.05 each
R1 Doubles - 78% complete avg £6.85 each
TLJ Singles - 100% complete avg £3 each
TLJ Doubles - 83% complete avg £6.850 each

MrGudz
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by MrGudz »

Picked this up fairly cheaply from I.D Toys. I love the design of this character and it’s also one of my favourite things from the Disney era.
3AF8D9C0-1925-4CDE-AE19-64F4D64FA624.jpeg
3AF8D9C0-1925-4CDE-AE19-64F4D64FA624.jpeg (170.21 KiB) Viewed 638 times
Last edited by MrGudz on Sun May 17, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I like those odds...!!”

My Feedback http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=37054

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Palifan »

Glad to spread the knowledge - just need that Quay Tolsite to come back in stock :D
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I've got that Quay Tolsite somewhere so now I need to go on the hunt for it in the house lol. I do need a Mimban Trooper though so there's still something to look for.

Ian

Stuart Skinner
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Stuart Skinner »

Fri May 15, 2020 2:01 pm
Very nice indeed Stuart, I did see one on Kapow toys a few weeks back but it had sold whilst I was dillydallying about thinking. :lol: What are your thoughts? I must admit, I do like the slightly more refined armour on the ROTJ storm troopers.
I really like it mate, was a spare of the moment purchase but really been enjoying him since got him set up.

MrGudz
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by MrGudz »

Stuart Skinner wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:47 pm
Fri May 15, 2020 2:01 pm
Very nice indeed Stuart, I did see one on Kapow toys a few weeks back but it had sold whilst I was dillydallying about thinking. :lol: What are your thoughts? I must admit, I do like the slightly more refined armour on the ROTJ storm troopers.
I really like it mate, was a spare of the moment purchase but really been enjoying him since got him set up.
It looks amazing Stu. I’ve pre-ordered the HT Remnant Stormtrooper from The Mandalorian. A slippery slope...
“I like those odds...!!”

My Feedback http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=37054

DarthHamblin
Regular
Regular

Post by DarthHamblin »

Really nice stormtrooper Stuart, the Mandalorian stormie also looks amazing in the pics quite like the scout trooper aswell.

Sundancer Squadron
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

I do like those Scarif troopers, I should nab a couple whilst they are still available at reasonable prices. As for Hot Toys, pre ordered mando in Beskar delux set, id like to get the incinerator and heavy mando as well.

Going to be killer though with clone wars stuff coming too......... Rex and Cody ordered. :? :lol:
Wanted

Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

This arrived today and I’m over the moon, these are hard to come by, try and find another one...
I only have Bossk and Leia Boussh left now to completely finish my Italian Green POTF2 run.
Can anyone help? 🤞
Attachments
AD71D0A1-9ADE-4D75-B241-5F74964DD6A0.jpeg
AD71D0A1-9ADE-4D75-B241-5F74964DD6A0.jpeg (248.03 KiB) Viewed 529 times

Gorneesh
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by Gorneesh »

Mini99 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:43 pm
I only have Bossk and Leia Boussh left now to completely finish my Italian Green POTF2 run.
Can anyone help? 🤞
I have Bossk, but sorry he won't be going anywhere soon, took me forever to find him.
Attachments
IMG_2135.JPG
IMG_2135.JPG (169.18 KiB) Viewed 523 times
WTB - Star Wars Mailers
bDC #413

Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

Gorneesh wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:51 pm
Mini99 wrote:
Can anyone help? 🤞
I have Bossk, but sorry he won't be going anywhere soon, took me forever to find him.
Thanks for sharing your Bossk.
What really anoys me is I passed on one last year and put someone elso on to it as I wasn’t collecting green csrds then only the Italian red ones...
The hunt goes on...but if you do have a change of heart please let me know.😀
Do you have a Leia?

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

Mini99 wrote:
This arrived today and I’m over the moon, these are hard to come by, try and find another one...
Can anyone help? 🤞
Congratulations on picking that up, Nick! Your collection moves ever nearer to completion.

Best of luck tracking down the remaining MOCs.

Sundancer Squadron
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Got to love it when staraction figures site crashes due to all the scalpers rushing for the pre orders.....
Wanted