UK Modern SW news and views podcast

Taffius

Sith Lord
Hi all,

Although I love nostalgia and vintage, I also love the bargains and modern range of figures relating to films. Yes I flip flop my collections too but recently with the numerous outlets selling lines from a few years ago, I have not really appreciated the items from that time. Being a new returner, there is a lot out there since the 80s and 90s and also appreciate not all have such resources to hand to find items they need to fill collection holes.

So I would love to start my own "news broadcast" to collate info and get views and opinions on such goodies. I really enjoy TVR and Toy Run but for UK modern I think its viable and fancy a go at it, so over this holiday period I plan to get something off the ground - what do think?

A quick test of opinion would be great if allowed here and advice is also welcomed. As a start I am going to just cast what recent finds I and others have found to get the ball rolling and news and views of what stockists are expecting so let me know what you would like incorporated so there is an initial range of topics people would like to hear.

Email address to follow or PM suggestions, etc. Many thanks.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Couple of ideas rolling around in my head might be worth having a go at, and beneficial to us on the forum as well as newer collectors.

Could have areas around the country with individuals reporting finds and what is available in retail stores. Observations of variants figure updates and so on for example red and silver eyed K2SO (6inch bs). Bargains found, little updates from forum collectors with their finds. Observations of new releases and speculation, create some interest in what may or may not happen. The odd rant or two, shister ebayers would often be amusing and also serve as a warning to everyone.

What I find would be important is to build a community for the modern collector old and new this will only encourage everyone and be good for the community as a whole.

Will post up as and when I think of something worth mentioning.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
It's important to know that producing podcast is an enormous amount of work. To keep an audience also means a huge commitment to produce a podcast that is frequent.

I wish you the very best in pursuing a podcast project, but definitely reach out and get advice. There are lots of answers out there that would make things easier.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Thanks Sundancer and Grant_C. I appreciate the time given to reply. I understand this wiĺl be a lot of work to be interesting enough for listeners, but there might be some value in it to those that like to listen to news and views of UK modern sources.

Perhaps social media is the platform to gather the data - a group for reporters, researchers and posts of finds?

Post the last TVR podcast, social media I think is split but then people dont need to sign up if they dont want another feed so that might be the launch platform first as one news source, even a place to advertise finds to pass on? Its a quick method of news alerts.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Do you use social media to get info and news about Star Wars?

Do you use Facebook, Twitter or another source?

Would you like to be part of such a group?

Just some thoughts on what people feel about such news gathering sources.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I'd also check out Toy Run podcast. Chris and Jake do an amazing podcast for modern. They also post UK news fed in from listeners.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Grant_C said:
I'd also check out Toy Run podcast. Chris and Jake do an amazing podcast for modern. They also post UK news fed in from listeners.

Grant_C - I do follow this and in part believe the UK coverage is OK but for members to find items in UK, even "locally" might equally be handy.

I admit that to strive for the standard of Toy Run is a an aspiration, however does a low key budget podcast do the same (without bells or whistles)?

Perhaps it will be too much work, however I will continue the research and see what I can review and see if there is enough content out there.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Thanks Grant_C. I have set up a FB group to share finds and use as a resource for news. I know its another FB group, however, within at least this forum, it might be a quick resource to gather news and share the information.

Welcome to:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/332692097323264

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cheers Taf
Although I'm not a huge modern collector, I do find them interesting, especially the Vintage Collection.
I think that the FB group is a good way to go, so have just joined, if you're have me that is! :lol:

Taffius

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Cheers Taf
Although I'm not a huge modern collector, I do find them interesting, especially the Vintage Collection.
I think that the FB group is a good way to go, so have just joined, if you're have me that is! :lol:

Cheers mini. Your support is welcomed and as an inititive I thought it was worth the attempt. I can see no harm in having more info as it is up to the masses if they want such info or not.

Thanks again buddy :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom