New stuff

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
Post Reply
User avatar
Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8373
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:35 pm
Location: South Wales
Contact:

New stuff

Post by Grant_C » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:00 pm

I don’t buy this stuff.

But it looks great to me
Attachments
B0EFC34C-3563-4C0E-9310-49026C5C70CF.jpeg
B0EFC34C-3563-4C0E-9310-49026C5C70CF.jpeg (277.12 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
FD32612B-16F5-4013-98D5-97DF361EC55F.jpeg
FD32612B-16F5-4013-98D5-97DF361EC55F.jpeg (378.2 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
1FABCED1-202E-4296-810D-7384714F5A1F.jpeg
1FABCED1-202E-4296-810D-7384714F5A1F.jpeg (577.48 KiB) Viewed 1096 times

User avatar
TEEBO1979
Regular
Regular
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:21 am

Re: New stuff

Post by TEEBO1979 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:55 pm

They are a definite buy for me.
If anyone is thinking of buying these sets and displaying them them might want to take a look at the Entertainer Website, they have the First realease of the black series Han in Carbonite on offer for £3.75 ( plus some others that could be used in displays with the skiff and Jabba playset).
This could be worth getting as by the looks of it the Han Carbonite block is in with the carded figure and would mean having to open it to have it for your display.
C82AB147-ABD4-4F9C-90B9-67EE12C33BF2.png
C82AB147-ABD4-4F9C-90B9-67EE12C33BF2.png (217.6 KiB) Viewed 1064 times
30901681-6484-470A-A4DB-B3EDF78D4984.png
30901681-6484-470A-A4DB-B3EDF78D4984.png (272.5 KiB) Viewed 1064 times

User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3208
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: New stuff

Post by Snaketibe » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:37 pm

Grant_C wrote:I don’t buy this stuff.

But it looks great to me
Agreed. Of all the new announcements at Toy Fair, I'm probably most excited of all for the new Vedain figure. It's a shame it's coming in a 3-pack with a pair of reissues, but I'll be buying it anyway. And I LOVE the new skiff as well :-D

User avatar
theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 6046
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: New stuff

Post by theforceuk » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:46 pm

Love the Jabbas Palace set, looks great. :o 8)
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

User avatar
chiffy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1889
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:17 pm
Location: Grimsby

Re: New stuff

Post by chiffy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:34 pm

Jesus wept! I have made 16 pre orders today and that's not including black series wave 20, skiff, triple skiff pack or jabbas palace! Threw a few super 7 MOTU into the mix tho' as cant resist them looking funky and shiny next to the vintage. If the gf only knew how much i owe out on plastic she would dismember me.
Image

Somewhere beneath the murky Dagobah swamp lies chiffy's feedback thread. Please use or abuse.
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=13553

User avatar
Stubbs
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Re: New stuff

Post by Stubbs » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:38 pm

It should be 75% off a pound for solo he looks like he's ready for a scene from 50 shades of jabbas palace goons.

User avatar
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4024
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: New stuff

Post by Palifan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:45 pm

That Skiff is the one thing that's really caught my eye although I have the other version of this from a while ago (came with a Luke), which I think was taken from the POTF skiff mold. This Skiff looks very similar to me other than the colour, does anyone know if this one is also taken from the vintage mold or is it a new sculpt?

Ian

User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3208
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: New stuff

Post by Snaketibe » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:23 pm

Palifan wrote:That Skiff is the one thing that's really caught my eye although I have the other version of this from a while ago (came with a Luke), which I think was taken from the POTF skiff mold. This Skiff looks very similar to me other than the colour, does anyone know if this one is also taken from the vintage mold or is it a new sculpt?

Ian
It's definitely a brand new sculpt, Ian. It also looks to be a little bit larger, which is good since the old POTF / POTF2 mould was always woefully undersized:

New:
New Skiff.jpg
New Skiff.jpg (96.81 KiB) Viewed 972 times
POTF:
POTF.jpg
POTF.jpg (121.26 KiB) Viewed 972 times
POTF 2:
POTF 2.jpg
POTF 2.jpg (107.63 KiB) Viewed 972 times
Thanks.

Jeremy

User avatar
StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4185
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:18 pm

Re: New stuff

Post by StarWarsFan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Palifan wrote:That Skiff is the one thing that's really caught my eye although I have the other version of this from a while ago (came with a Luke), which I think was taken from the POTF skiff mold. This Skiff looks very similar to me other than the colour, does anyone know if this one is also taken from the vintage mold or is it a new sculpt?

Ian
It's definitely a brand new sculpt, Ian. It also looks to be a little bit larger, which is good since the old POTF / POTF2 mould was always woefully undersized:

New:

New Skiff.jpg
POTF:

POTF.jpg
POTF 2:

POTF 2.jpg
Thanks.

Jeremy
looking good.
My feedback:
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=26702

My The Force Be With You

User avatar
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4024
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: New stuff

Post by Palifan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:46 am

Snaketibe wrote:
Palifan wrote:That Skiff is the one thing that's really caught my eye although I have the other version of this from a while ago (came with a Luke), which I think was taken from the POTF skiff mold. This Skiff looks very similar to me other than the colour, does anyone know if this one is also taken from the vintage mold or is it a new sculpt?

Ian
It's definitely a brand new sculpt, Ian. It also looks to be a little bit larger, which is good since the old POTF / POTF2 mould was always woefully undersized:

New:

New Skiff.jpg
POTF:

POTF.jpg
POTF 2:

POTF 2.jpg
Thanks.

Jeremy
Thanks for the heads up and pictures Jeremy, the new Skiff really does look nice and at around £40 seems like a pretty good deal. I can't really justify buying it again even though I do like the look of it but I'm sure many will be happy with it in their collection.

Ian

User avatar
grinchy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2083
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:14 pm
Location: LIVERPOOL, UK
Contact:

Re: New stuff

Post by grinchy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:59 pm

I have preordered the skiff, the first wave of retro figures and the han solo stormtrooper figure, an expensive month, but it'll be worth it :D
IF I WOKE UP TOMMOROW WITH MY HEAD SEWN TO THE CARPET I WOULDN'T BE MORE SURPRISED THAN I AM NOW
YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES!

Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:53 pm

Re: New stuff

Post by Wreck-It Ralph » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:45 pm

I am hoping to get one of the new Khetanna's and I would like to do a diorama, do they do a Sarlac Pitt? Is there a Tattoine Skiff to go with the Khetanna?
Because he's holding a thermal detonator!!

We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.

User avatar
Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 936
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: New stuff

Post by Darth Bobby » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:50 am

Love it all, if only I had the room to display!

Taffius
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 am
Location: Flatlandia

Re: New stuff

Post by Taffius » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:49 am

Wreck-It Ralph wrote:I am hoping to get one of the new Khetanna's and I would like to do a diorama, do they do a Sarlac Pitt? Is there a Tattoine Skiff to go with the Khetanna?
They are planning one in TVC line as seen press releases with it on the stand:
http://jedibusiness.com/NewsDetails?id=18064

Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:53 pm

Re: New stuff

Post by Wreck-It Ralph » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:14 am

Taffius wrote:
Wreck-It Ralph wrote:I am hoping to get one of the new Khetanna's and I would like to do a diorama, do they do a Sarlac Pitt? Is there a Tattoine Skiff to go with the Khetanna?
They are planning one in TVC line as seen press releases with it on the stand:
http://jedibusiness.com/NewsDetails?id=18064
Thanks for the Link and info!
Because he's holding a thermal detonator!!

We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.

Post Reply