Star Wars The Vintage Collection Archive Edition Book

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
BikerScout74
New User
New User

Post by BikerScout74 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:04 pm

A comprehensive guide to Hasbro Star Wars The Vintage Collection 3.75-Inch Action Figures and Toys

Anyone planning to get this? I was, but then I read that they are charging $80 int shipping!!! :(

Apparently there is an 'international backer' option where 4 people chipping in can get 4 books sent to a single address for a reduced rate.

Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection Archive Edition Book

Post by Mini99 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:24 pm

BikerScout74 wrote:Star Wars The Vintage Collection Archive Edition Book
A comprehensive guide to Hasbro Star Wars The Vintage Collection 3.75-Inch Action Figures and Toys

Anyone planning to get this? I was, but then I read that they are charging $80 int shipping!!! :(

Apparently there is an 'international backer' option where 4 people chipping in can get 4 books sent to a single address for a reduced rate.
Yes I was looking at this, and then saw the shipping cost. :shock:
Typical...$12 to ship to a US address and $80 to ship to anywhere else.
Talk about alienating a large proportion of your customer base.
I afraid I’m not surprised after the Haslab Barge.
Decided to go without...their loss. :?

BikerScout74
New User
New User

Post by BikerScout74 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:24 pm

Agreed! International Postage rates from US always seem unreasonably high. I believe that Hasbro doesn't have anything to do with this book. Daryl Depriest, Hasbro's ex VP of global brand management is the main author and it has been financed through to publication on the kickstarter website.

Although it looks like an amazing book, I don't think I could justify spending £80 on it, all in. :( And that's the cheapest option with international book backer bundle!

chiffy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by chiffy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:34 pm

Isnt it boring tho' when a book comes out about a popular Star Wars line of toys then a month later its out of date on release of yet another money grabbing made up figure that no one cares about, or a re re re release :?

Somewhere beneath the murky Dagobah swamp lies chiffy's feedback thread. Please use or abuse.
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=13553

Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:49 pm

I see your point, but there’s nothing better (IMO) than to flick through pages (all be it very expensive pages) of a well presented reference book.
Especially if it’s about SW toys! :D
It’s a bit like the Kellerman book, totally out of date but a lot of people still want it and are prepared to pay £200+ for it. :wink:

lee gray
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by lee gray » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:09 pm

I will always prefer physical books for that reason, Book looks good, just ashame i am not a fan of the vintage collection or would have got, instead will get Mark Bellomo 2nd edition of the original line.