Star Wars The Vintage Collection Archive Edition Book

BikerScout74

Padawan
A comprehensive guide to Hasbro Star Wars The Vintage Collection 3.75-Inch Action Figures and Toys

Anyone planning to get this? I was, but then I read that they are charging $80 int shipping!!! :(

Apparently there is an 'international backer' option where 4 people chipping in can get 4 books sent to a single address for a reduced rate.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
BikerScout74 said:
A comprehensive guide to Hasbro Star Wars The Vintage Collection 3.75-Inch Action Figures and Toys

Anyone planning to get this? I was, but then I read that they are charging $80 int shipping!!! :(

Apparently there is an 'international backer' option where 4 people chipping in can get 4 books sent to a single address for a reduced rate.
Yes I was looking at this, and then saw the shipping cost. :shock:
Typical...$12 to ship to a US address and $80 to ship to anywhere else.
Talk about alienating a large proportion of your customer base.
I afraid I'm not surprised after the Haslab Barge.
Decided to go without...their loss. :?

BikerScout74

Padawan
Agreed! International Postage rates from US always seem unreasonably high. I believe that Hasbro doesn't have anything to do with this book. Daryl Depriest, Hasbro's ex VP of global brand management is the main author and it has been financed through to publication on the kickstarter website.

Although it looks like an amazing book, I don't think I could justify spending £80 on it, all in. :( And that's the cheapest option with international book backer bundle!

chiffy

Sith Lord
Isnt it boring tho' when a book comes out about a popular Star Wars line of toys then a month later its out of date on release of yet another money grabbing made up figure that no one cares about, or a re re re release :?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I see your point, but there's nothing better (IMO) than to flick through pages (all be it very expensive pages) of a well presented reference book.
Especially if it's about SW toys! :D
It's a bit like the Kellerman book, totally out of date but a lot of people still want it and are prepared to pay £200+ for it. :wink:

lee gray

Sith Lord
I will always prefer physical books for that reason, Book looks good, just ashame i am not a fan of the vintage collection or would have got, instead will get Mark Bellomo 2nd edition of the original line.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom