Modern Podcast Shows on Generation Skywalker

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
On Generation Skywalker we're going to be doing some regular modern shows in amongst our regular offerings.

If modern is your thing, I'll post the shows on Modern in here for people to check out.

If you want to have a listen click the link in my bio!!!

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Hot Toys Artwork.jpg

Generation Skywalker welcomes their very first ever guest, as Christopher James Leddy, one of the nicest guys in the universe joins Stuart to discuss collecting Hot Toys. A discussion which has since made Stuart order a couple of Hot Toys himself!

The interview follows the golden Generation Skywalker rule, five items that curate your collection, although Christopher was a little loose with the images he supplied as you hear! Chris tells us what Hot Toys are to him and why he collects the line, we discuss his own podcast channel - Sixth Scale Scavengers, and delve into his favourite items from his collection and what he's looking forward to that's coming out later this year.

Enjoy the show!

We are Generation Skywalker!

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
New modern monthly roundtable for all us modern lovers.

Facebook.jpg

THE MODERN WAY - March 2020
Generation Skywalker introduce the first of their monthly Modern Roundtable shows - The Modern Way.

Daniel Burgess joins Simon, Mark, Craig and Stuart to discuss a few topics that have been in discussion over the last few months. They chat about the sad end to the 5 p.o.a. line, where is best to purchase modern items in the UK, delve into the 5" line before looking at a selection of Mandalorian items that have either been released or announced.

Will Dan allow his child to open some modern figures? Will Mark allow himself to like anything modern? Will Stuart weaken and buy a Hot Toys? Listen in as the team all deal with their own modern issues.

Enjoy the show!

We are Generation Skywalker!

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
If there is any topics you'd like us to discuss on the show then drop me a line or stick it in this thread and we'll see what we can do. We're all mega excited to get involved in the modern discussions.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
***** New Modern Show Live *****

Podbean.jpg

THE MODERN WAY : APRIL 2020

The Modern Way returns a little late with the April edition.

This month we see that "I hate Modern" Mark, buys some modern and fancies more!

The boys give some loving to some of the toys Mark Boudreaux designed as he announces his retirement.

New York Toy Fair seems a lifetime ago, but we check out the announcements from there as well as further reveals from Hasbro since, Mark gives his honest opinion on the Carbonized Black Series Fett on the way, not sure he'll be investing in that one.

As well as all this we take a look at the second wave in the Retro line and we delve into General Grievous as we take a look at the range of figures that has been released for the cyborg.

All this plus much more on this months 'The Modern Way'.

Enjoy the Show!

We Are Generation Skywalker!

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-5nux9-db5bfd

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Podbean.jpg

The Modern Way : Episode III

The third edition of 'The Modern Way' drops with a whole host of topics since the last show.

The team settle down to discuss the new packaging for the Black Series 6" range, and everyone seems to be in awe of the new design.

They also close out the Probe Droid discussion which has been discussed since we started 'The Modern Way' as we compare the Black Series version to the Disney Elite.

With Mark getting heavily involved with modern these days, his new purchase of a Black Series Boba Fett helmet sparks a look at the Black Series Helmet range.

Stuart is joined by Christopher Cooke to look at The Vintage Collection petition which is gathering pace, check out the link below to find out more;
https://www.change.org/p/hasbro-petition-for-hasbro-to-make-more-new-3-75-star-wars-vintage-collection-figures-per-year-8d6de221-188f-4b88-99e8-4ea6c7fdab6a

As well as all this the team look at new announcements since the last show, including another Carbonized figure to Marks delight, this time a Darth Vader with a blue rinse! As well as a new The Child Monopoly set. The team also delve into Princess Leia Organa in her white gown as they all pick their favourite adaptation of the figure.

All this plus much more

Enjoy the Show!

We Are Generation Skywalker!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
I don't collect modern but these were actually a really good listen. Need to stop listening though otherwise I'll tread the same path as @SublevelStudios :lol:

You do need to be really careful, I never used to collect modern, but more and more is creeping in.
In fact I've bought more modern than vintage this year. :shock:

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
I don't collect modern but these were actually a really good listen. Need to stop listening though otherwise I'll tread the same path as @SublevelStudios :lol:

There's some really decent modern stuff coming out just recently, I just can't resist - the ppower of the Dark Side!

That said, Hasbro have just released the Bespin Gantry 'playset' - so it's not all good ;)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

There's some really decent modern stuff coming out just recently, I just can't resist - the ppower of the Dark Side!

That said, Hasbro have just released the Bespin Gantry 'playset' - so it's not all good ;)

It's pretty poor isn't it...certainly not for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom