Boba fett Black series helmet

Ben1812

hi all . New to this forum . Also pretty new to collecting. I have a small collection but pretty proud of it and I'm sure its nowhere as impressive as yours .
I have a question about the black series boba fett helmet . I pre ordered it when it was first announced last year . When I placed the order it said it was due to be released Feb 20 then it changed to March 20 then early to mid April now its saying early to mid May?
I have searched for days trying to find an answer to when it is actually going to be released in the UK.
Is anyone else waiting ? Do any of you know anymore than I do ?
Hope you can help .

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Who did you pre order it with? Early to mid may is what I was expecting, Target and wallmart have only really just got theirs in stock so we cant be that far behind.

Keep in mind with everything thats going on, stock will move from China to the US then over to the Uk and EU a fett helmet isnt going to take priority on shipping, very little passenger aircraft up in the air means less cargo holds to subsidise flights creating backlogs elsewhere.

Ben1812

Ordered with star action figures in the UK. I completely understand that the current situation will effect the deliveries to suppliers. Its just frustrating

Ben1812

Also .. just noticed that you can no longer pre order the boba fett helmet just be notified when back in stock .
You can , however, pre order the fricking sweet prototype boba fett helmet which I have now done lol

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Patience Ben, you have nothing to worry about if you ordered with Star Action Figures. Wayne is currently running his entire business on his own at the moment, thats checking orders packing, and dispatching alongside taking in deliveries but I'm sure once it arrives here in the next couple of weeks it will soon be on its way to you.

Ben1812

Like I said before , I completely get the reasons for the delays and I'm not having a go at star action figures , my frustration is that every site I have looked at ( forbidden planet, amazon , eBay, zavvi, IWOOT, geek box) all have different release dates some as late as October!
I have all the faith in star action figures and I'm hopeful I will get it this month( preferably before I come off furlough so I can sit and bask in its glory)
What Wayne is doing there is awesome and I take my hat off to him for running the business on his own . Guess its a case of it will be here when its here .

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ben1812 said:
hi all . New to this forum . Also pretty new to collecting. I have a small collection but pretty proud of it and I'm sure its nowhere as impressive as yours .
I have a question about the black series boba fett helmet . I pre ordered it when it was first announced last year . When I placed the order it said it was due to be released Feb 20 then it changed to March 20 then early to mid April now its saying early to mid May?
I have searched for days trying to find an answer to when it is actually going to be released in the UK.
Is anyone else waiting ? Do any of you know anymore than I do ?
Hope you can help .
Star Action Figures have announced that Bobba Fett helmets will be with them on Monday.
Check out their latest FB announcement.

Gorneesh

Jedi Knight
I got my Boba Fett black series helmet, yesterday have to say that for the money this thing is awesome. Well worth the wait and displays beautifully with the Vader helmet.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Gorneesh said:
I got my Boba Fett black series helmet, yesterday have to say that for the money this thing is awesome. Well worth the wait and displays beautifully with the Vader helmet.

You need to put a picture up
I have the Rubies Fett, but very drawn to the black series one, let's see it displayed :D

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Not seen that one Michael, got a pic?

Glad everything turned out well for you, in safe hands you was 8)

I might just buy one........ damn it.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
This is the Rubies one, been meaning to mod this a bit and take some of the silver scuffs away and make it more screen accurate, but all in it's ok ...let's face it it's a Fett Helmet 8) , but will at some point pick up the Black series one as I have the Stormy and Kylo Ren and the Vader ( the Vader one is superb)

Attachments

• IMG_4516.JPG
    IMG_4516.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 865
  • IMG_4517.JPG
    IMG_4517.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 864
  • IMG_4518.JPG
    IMG_4518.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 863
  • IMG_4519.JPG
    IMG_4519.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 862
  • IMG_4520.JPG
    IMG_4520.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 869

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Does look good, I was tempted to get the prototype Boba helmet, but it looks like hasbro have literally spray painted white over a normal one, you can see the weathering marks. I hope this is just a moc up image, bit of an odd thing to do seeing as they made it without the dent :?

Gorneesh

Jedi Knight
Michael Sith said:
Gorneesh said:

You need to put a picture up
I have the Rubies Fett, but very drawn to the black series one, let's see it displayed :D

Sorry not the best Pic, I will be making some helmet stands for them when I can be arsed.

Attachments

• D4F8E495-BD2B-48D9-A6F0-96AECF13F6CA.JPG
    D4F8E495-BD2B-48D9-A6F0-96AECF13F6CA.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 863

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Fett helmet looks very cool 8)

I read that the EFX released Fett helmet was taken from a cast of the ESB Screen used prop whereas the black series one is taken from a laser scan of the same screen used prop, the 2 are pretty much the same ( other than metal pieces used for the rangefinder and ear bud on the EFX) but a big difference in price!
I think the black series for the money is brilliant.

What's the Vader one in the pic, Don Post?

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Black series Vader, I love this helmet, superb for the money

Attachments

• IMG_4523.JPG
    IMG_4523.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 616
  • IMG_4524.JPG
    IMG_4524.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 612

Gorneesh

Jedi Knight
Michael Sith said:
Fett helmet looks very cool 8)

I read that the EFX released Fett helmet was taken from a cast of the ESB Screen used prop whereas the black series one is taken from a laser scan of the same screen used prop, the 2 are pretty much the same ( other than metal pieces used for the rangefinder and ear bud on the EFX) but a big difference in price!
I think the black series for the money is brilliant.

What's the Vader one in the pic, Don Post?

Yeah, the Black series is made from scanning the original, you can even feel all the paint texture on the surface of it. I like the fact as well that they did all the moulding on the inside of it, instead of just leaving it blank.
My only grumble is how plastic-looking the earbud looks ( the one that holds the rangefinder) I will probably repint it at some point.
Definitely, worth the money, don't get me wrong its not a Master Replicas helmet but I think it displays just as well.
The Vader helmet is the Hasbro Black Series one, and that's just as awesome, but a right pain in the arse to get on and of.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Didn't realise the Vader you had is the same as mine, looked different on the photo.

The master replicas one was taken from a laser scan of what they thought was the screen used Fett helmet but it turned out it wasn't
The EFX one taken from a cast is slightly different as the original prop screen used has a slightly flattened dome and the top of the visor is slightly wonky ( as the screen used prop it was cast from was hand built )

Congrats on the Fett helmet pick up mate, very nice indeed 8)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Sundancer Squadron said:
Does look good, I was tempted to get the prototype Boba helmet, but it looks like hasbro have literally spray painted white over a normal one, you can see the weathering marks. I hope this is just a moc up image, bit of an odd thing to do seeing as they made it without the dent :?

The original prototype Fett didn't have the dent as far as I can tell

If you've not seen it this is worth a watch

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-yF5HFFcv8E

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
I know but what I mean is, look around the areas that have paint chips and weathering on the normal version then look at the same locations on the prototype without the dent, it looks like they have painted over the normal one.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-black-series-boba-fett-prototype-armor-electronic-helmet

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom