The Listening Post.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
If a forum section mod could make this a sticky for everyone that would be great and beneficial to all...

e0ccf239318403bf6c786222652538eb.png

Venturing out into the unknown region and have found some good information, or know of inbound releases from our favourite retailers? Then give us a heads up. I know many of you like myself enjoy modern stuff just as much as vintage, and we are able to acquire our figures in a somewhat easier fashion than say vintage at times but sometimes we might forget to check retailer websites/social media so if we spot something post up here and try and support one another.

Thets keep this thread going and create some more activity in the modern section, important information and observations even finding oddities like variants would be good to see.

Point in case with some current release examples
The child-cuff and collar differences in paint application
Clone commander Bly-Helmet stripe application omission
Mandolorian-Not exactly sure what the differences are between the Chinese and Viet' made versions are yet.

Now this is just a few, its not restricted to Black series and Vintage collection but can include Hot Toys and Sideshow alike.

Ill change the title of the thread if I can think of something more fitting but it will do for now so enjoy.

Just thought id throw this in here, I am in no way affiliated with any SW related website or retailer apart from our very own forum, If I recommend or pride links to where I find some good stuff that is available to us in the UK then its down to the fact that I have consistently had faultless interactions/purchases from the retailers, thus I want you to have the same experience I do.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
If you missed out like I did, and you want one.

1e7e19fb30d59c73379dd1f79d5fe180.png

https://www.staractionfigures.co.uk/E8437.html

Stock is arriving soon it seems, I have had a pre order on one when it became available again many many months ago so hopefully your wait wont be as long.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-UPDATE=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-

Looks like the carbon Mando' is delayed for a week, not really the end of the world just yet.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Looks like we have another chance to grab a heavy Mando'
5cd7a1ab5d4acd6411e0a8516d45fce6.png

https://www.staractionfigures.co.uk/E6996.html

In my opinion hes one of the best so far apart from Cara, if you missed him the first time around go and grab one. I may go for a 2nd to open..... :shock: :lol: :roll:

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Sundancer Squadron said:
Looks like we have another chance to grab a heavy Mando'
5cd7a1ab5d4acd6411e0a8516d45fce6.png

https://www.staractionfigures.co.uk/E6996.html

In my opinion hes one of the best so far apart from Cara, if you missed him the first time around go and grab one. I may go for a 2nd to open..... :shock: :lol: :roll:

Great idea for a thread. Just pre-ordered a HAM. Cheers for the heads up.

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
I've noticed a few 40 ESB 6BS are getting a bit harder to find. Especially the Hoth Rebel Trooper and Dagobah R2.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Have had a look around and looks like you right, I think it will mostly be down to the fact that the rebel trooper most people want a couple of them. I'm not sure why seeing as they will be available in box form soon, ill keep mine carded. The R2 though, I might have to grab one even if it is an old sculpt as nothing has been mentioned about it being released in a box, and the older card back 6inch ones are rather costly.

Next couple of days ill compile some information on releases and ones that have yet to be revealed along with my own thoughts.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Got to love getting home at midnight only to be back at work 5am....
a41f28d6ed2c705de38e4651c0c6f93b.png

I dropped a number of hints before but looks like ''yakface'' has put it out there. Bit to tired to do much at the moment but all ill say is damn I want one so bad. :lol: Hes going to be a big boy for sure, whos for two? :shock:

https://yakfaceforums.com/main/

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Black series animated Clone wars have gone up for pre order, thought these where due up later in the month so was a bit surprised when I got home...oops

Whats up for pre order with a short opinion.

Ahsoka Tano-Different to the rebels version, go get one as you know you'll regret not doing so later. Honestly think shes a nice sculpt.
63b35641e9229f6d0779fc8d70d93792.png

332nd Trooper-Ahsokas own-Little plain looking but they are standard troopers, I like them and will try to acquire two.
885b170e2bf7ee89d4bc83f5d8f2751c.png

Night Owl Mandalorian-I guess hes a standard mando' trooper? not to over the top so will look good with the others for sure.
d45a61fc444d1ac0e1fdcd82a4d762b3.png

Super commando Mandalorian-If I remember correctly, hes one that aligned himself with Maul? Not a massive fan of this one but ill get one anyway.
c3302d3d61fad8649b2a1c12d6675842.png

I ended up doing the entire preorder for these, a rather nice wave. Cad Bane has got to be around the corner, and seeing as we are getting a Night Owl Bo Katan cant be far off.

My list of recommended retailers
Star Action Figures
In Demand Toys
Kapowtoys

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Glad you managed to nab some, kind of surprised that my least favourite (super commando) is now out of stock everywhere. I wouldn't of thought that would of been the case. Hopefully they may pop back up later on for those that missed him.

Here is what i'm expecting to see in the not to distant future starting with in my opinion the most likely to a few that would make sense but you know what Hasbros logic is like.

Cad Bane-Some seem to think a small bit of detail on one of these boxes has the brim of his hat, can guarantee he is not far off.
709e52499ace8359363f4f042ebab77e.jpg

Bo Katan-Already got one of the Nightowls on the way so why not.
Bo-Katan_Kryze_CotR.png

Maul and his crew-Again, we have a basic Maul aligned mando' so a re-release of a Clone wars flavoured Maul would make sense. Gar Saxon and Rook Kast?
cvi3ljgvhmb41.jpg

Obi Wan in Mando armour-This one id really like, and I hope they do to not do one would be a mistake in my books.
a39d8c1cdc9a388ef84f030ead0678eb.jpg

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
The Super Commando is up for pre-order on Zavvi for £27.00. I've never used them before but I'm probably going to wait and hope my more regular stockists get more in.

Palifan

Sith Lord
MrGudz said:
The Super Commando is up for pre-order on Zavvi for £27.00. I've never used them before but I'm probably going to wait and hope my more regular stockists get more in.

Zavvi are a really decent seller who pack the items well and have very cheap shipping prices but they do take forever to send things so it will probably take longer to arrive than other places.

Something to keep in mind but if you're in no rush it's a good place to buy from.

Ian

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
And some news on some revealed Black series and a killer of a VC three pack.

VC reveals

501st ARC trooper set-Echo,Fives and Jessee. Ill nab one of these, hopefully they will be available on hardbacks too. This one will be quick to sell out for sure, as will the vc carded releases no doubt.
TVC_arcs.jpg

Black Series ROTJ/Endor
Endor Heros set-Looks like a good set and one no doubt ill be getting one, it reminds me of some of the older boxes that we used to be able to get. Ie exclusive Boba fet and Carbonite block, oh and the Thrawn set.
EdYaLfOXkAAOPUM.jpg

EdYaLhAXsAAucmU.jpg

EdYaLjDWkAA-ej4.jpg

EdYaLlUXoAAjI8e.jpg

Black Series ESB/Hoth

The Wompa-Ill be grabbing one of these for sure, it looks like the previous sculpt but without the blood splatters, now is that an updated Hoth gear Luke and Tauntaun hinted on the images? :p
HP_TBS_wampa.jpg

HP_TBS_wampa_loose.jpg

As excited as I am for Clone wars stuff, i'm loving the Hoth stuff and future Endor releases. That Leia looks nice, super happy.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
I honestly didnt think these would be much later in the year but dubbed for September and available for pre order from Star action figures and Indemandtoys. All of these are Galaxies Edge exclusives

Vintage Collection

As much as id like one, and really tempted I'm not going to give in. Why? Price, this even for me is bordering on a few top end Hot Toys, plenty of Black Series or some very nice vintage pieces that and the Haslab item has not even got announced yet ill be holding off. Honestly id love one but think ill give it a miss....Its nice though.

Millienum Falcon
00b175277a13e8b928d6f8cdfb342533.png

Black Series

Ill be giving these two a miss too unfortunately, not really my cup of tea. I may of been tempted by Hondo but he doesn't seem to be making an appearance just yet.

8a0323c15d12d11446954459dce193db.png

a0c21ae82e61a0648272c8253e6cee8d.png

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
I do like the look of that Falcon but I have to agree it's a lot of dollar!! Especially when I saw a lovely vintage one complete with inserts etc go for £450

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Damn it - I would have pre-ordered that Falcon in a heart beat if i had gotten in in time :(
The Clone Trooper Three Pack as well - hope that is easy to get hold of....

Ummmm Zavvi have it up for pre-order, 399 - now i am tempted, pretty sure they are ok to order from.

Top Bottom